Non friendly females in the gym.

Options

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    How do you feel about non-friendly males at the gym?

I don't go to the gym to talk. Talking is done in other places, like a coffee house or bar or movie theatre.

No talking should be done in a movie theatre. I throw popcorn at the back of those peoples heads.

Hear! Hear! I throw half-empty soda cups.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I just find it odd than because a woman doesn't talk to you, she is automatically "non-friendly".

1. I agree with this ..that and I'm mostly likely super focused while I'm there. If I notice a guy watching me I'll smirk or smile but most of the time, my eyes are closed focusing on the muscle and I'm short on time. I mean it's the gym not Starbucks. Lets do what we came there to do. Workout!!!
    2. I miss you girl. :(
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I find females in general are unfriendly, not just at the gym. The amount of angst contained in these gineys is unbelievable.

As I've always said: "No 1 hates you, more than; your own!"! I've the same issue being disabled with, other disabled people; that I don't with healthy people!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I agree with the op, I don't find people particularly chatty in my gym, unless they already seem to know each other. One bloke did smile at me a couple of times and I returned his smile, but that's the friendliest person I've seen. Another bloke did respond when I complimented him on what aftershave he was wearing, but that's it, in 9 months. Oh! And one woman in the changing rooms that only uses the pool and talks to everyone.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've been going to the same gym for 5 years; I only started to make gym friends in the last year. I'm not unfriendly...I'm busy and have intense RBF.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LUv3kbmNfg
    Be like Arnold is what i say .

"Stop being a baby; this is Gold's Gym, not a baby gym."

Awesome.
  • amba89lynn
    amba89lynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree and I'm a lady myself. Same goes for the gym I go too. Women have more of a bad attitude about things there than anywhere else I have been. Of course the men are helpful most of the time! Lol lord forbid asking a lady a question! Might get a sour look.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    So I'm pressed for time this past Thursday and I only have about 40 minutes to commit to working out.

I go to the gym and there's a couple of guys there who want to talk.

I still get in my training but run over the time I had allotted.

It's tough, you don't want to come off as aloof but you are there to train, right?
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'll say hello or good morning to people when I pass them at the gym. To me that's manners. However I won't talk to people in the middle of a set. That's either their set or mine.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I'll say hello or good morning to people when I pass them at the gym. To me that's manners. However I won't talk to people in the middle of a set. That's either their set or mine.

Middle of a set? Talking? Never.

Isn't that one of the first rules of gym etiquette?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I've been in the gym for 3/5 of my life and personally have never had any real bad experiences chatting with females. Could be your approach. Many times I just say something nice about their workout, exchange names then tell them to have a good workout. If I see them again I'll ask them how's it going or any fun plans for the weekend. Then let them control how long we talk. If I sense I'm pressing them for time, I apologize and tell them to catch me up later when they have time. There have been times where we talk, they workout and I count their reps and sets.
    But again this could be because I'm an employee at every gym I attend and familiarity could help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png