WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• MrsGLT
    MrsGLT Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been at the ER with my daughter since about 11:30. She called me crying, saying she was having severe abdominal pains. She was on her way home and I told her to go and I would meet her there.
    When I got there I thought she was passed out in her car. I had to get a security guard to help me get her out of the car and wheeled into triage. Her bladder isn't functioning properly. They did a CT scan and a sonogram. Her Fallopian tubes are distended and filled with fluid & she's got cysts on her ovaries. The ER doctor is consulting with a gynecologist right now.
    I'm so tired. I've been up since 7:00 yesterday morning. I'm supposed to get up in a couple of hours and get my grandkids ready for church.
    I don't see it happening.

A tired Grace in Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Grace sending strength that your DD recovers quickly.

Chris I am so happy for you, you are really in the zone--WTG!

Cheri I love nsv's, enjoy the compliments, you deserve them.

Today I'm headed to the gym first, then a nice walk and catch up with bff and finally off to the grocery for a week's worth of meal planning.

This "Januarian" is looking forward to a new month, and the promise that winter is getting shorter. Countdown to our anniversary trip to Morocco is getting real-3 weeks to go, I will be dealing with anxiety all the way up to takeoff-so bear with me, skip my posts or send me strength!! NYKAREN
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

Chris - thanks for that shot in the arm--I'll be 57 on my next birthday, and that lifted my thought process.

Happy birthday to Marni and all the Januarians.

Hugs to those who struggle - Grace, I hope your daughter's doing much better.

Charleen - you are truly an artist - it's a beautiful design.

I've been reading, just not posting for a couple days, as I've been in a sort of fallow state. Hard to explain--not depressed, it's actually quite pleasant. Just "Keeping Quiet," as Pablo Neruda would say. And, came out of it two pounds lighter, which is pleasing, as well.

Will be working a couple days extra these next two weeks, as the publisher is taking a week and a half of vacation. Should be interesting--much less stressed about it than I would have been only a month ago. But, I'm sleeping in almost every day--well, for me, 5:30 a.m. is sleeping in. I slept eight hours again last night, and woke rested. Such an amazing thing. I do believe the Synthroid is working for me--and if not, I've got some awesome placebo effect going on. Don't even care which at this stage, just so amazing to NOT feel exhausted for the first time in a year or so.

Headed back to the laundromat--just popped back home to read and snag another cup of coffee.

Love y'all, and while I don't comment on all, I do read about your lives every day. It is much like being surrounded by a group of friends, all chattering at once. I take much joy in that.
    Lisa in West Texas

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

Chris - thanks for that shot in the arm--I'll be 57 on my next birthday, and that lifted my thought process.

Happy birthday to Marni and all the Januarians.

Hugs to those who struggle - Grace, I hope your daughter's doing much better.

Charleen - you are truly an artist - it's a beautiful design.

I've been reading, just not posting for a couple days, as I've been in a sort of fallow state. Hard to explain--not depressed, it's actually quite pleasant. Just "Keeping Quiet," as Pablo Neruda would say. And, came out of it two pounds lighter, which is pleasing, as well.

Will be working a couple days extra these next two weeks, as the publisher is taking a week and a half of vacation. Should be interesting--much less stressed about it than I would have been only a month ago. But, I'm sleeping in almost every day--well, for me, 5:30 a.m. is sleeping in. I slept eight hours again last night, and woke rested. Such an amazing thing. I do believe the Synthroid is working for me--and if not, I've got some awesome placebo effect going on. Don't even care which at this stage, just so amazing to NOT feel exhausted for the first time in a year or so.

Headed back to the laundromat--just popped back home to read and snag another cup of coffee.

Love y'all, and while I don't comment on all, I do read about your lives every day. It is much like being surrounded by a group of friends, all chattering at once. I take much joy in that.
    Lisa in West Texas

Lisa, you've been such an inspiration to me in the past I'm so glad I can return the favor. Congratulations on the 2 lbs. loss, that's wonderful!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Grace prayers for you and daughter.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Chris, at my lowest weight I wore size 4 pants and loved being so thin. Then three medical professionals told me that for bone health and my age, I should add some weight. Since good health is my main goal, I followed directions and added the weight. Now I wear size 6 in the summer and size 8 in the winter with flannel leggings under them for warmth. Weight 110 and wearing size 4 was on my bucket list so even though I'm heavier than that now, I cherish the fact that I achieved my goal. Congrats to you on your size 4's. How cool that you took a photo and shared.

<3Grace, sending hugs to you and your daughter.

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    xkc4ejwnyfm6.jpg

Congrats Cheri that is an awesome NSV
    Charleen beautiful quilt, you are very skilled
    Shannon I only eat between 12:00 - 7 pm and fast for 17 hours every day and I love how I feel
    Grace Oh my, so sorry to hear about your daughter :'( - hope you get some rest
    Chris Size 4 WOW! Those last words in your post really touched me, thank you <3

Plan to spend a lazy day at home. Will plan my meals for the week. Going to try some lower carb vegetarian meals this week and see if that tips the scale a bit. I feel like something is wrong with me that I can't lose anything. It seems like I would have to starve myself. Right now I weigh 213 and MFP has me on 1500k, do you think that is too high? Even though I am very physically active, I set it on sedentary.

On another note, YES to the leggings addiction, the best fashion craze ever!

Have a great day everyone, love this group, you are all very special and what we are doing together matters!
    Sarah, snowy Ontario, Canada
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Chris, at my lowest weight I wore size 4 pants and loved being so thin. Then three medical professionals told me that for bone health and my age, I should add some weight. Since good health is my main goal, I followed directions and added the weight. Now I wear size 6 in the summer and size 8 in the winter with flannel leggings under them for warmth. Weight 110 and wearing size 4 was on my bucket list so even though I'm heavier than that now, I cherish the fact that I achieved my goal. Congrats to you on your size 4's. How cool that you took a photo and shared.

<3Grace, sending hugs to you and your daughter.

I realize the size 4 is vanity sizing, I am no where near 110 lbs! I still have extra padding which is what I want to lose.

Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    gotu52 wrote: »
    xkc4ejwnyfm6.jpg

Plan to spend a lazy day at home. Will plan my meals for the week. Going to try some lower carb vegetarian meals this week and see if that tips the scale a bit. I feel like something is wrong with me that I can't lose anything. It seems like I would have to starve myself. Right now I weigh 213 and MFP has me on 1500k, do you think that is too high? Even though I am very physically active, I set it on sedentary.

Sarah, snowy Ontario, Canada

Lower carb and high fat and especially more protein is the combination that works for me. Eating protein every 2-3 hours Keeps me satisfied.

Chris in MA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Marni, hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Gloria, your job situation sounds good - you can discuss issues with co-workers and move on. At one point I thought about working for a few more years, but was in a dysfunctional work group and the stars lined up so I left last August. It has been an adjustment - I've worked someplace forever it seems, it's part of my identity and reason to get up...so it's been fun finding the new "me".

Grace, hope your daughter is OK and they are getting to the source of the problem.

Barbiecat, I admire your stamina - getting your exercise in. Do you ever sit down? LOL! I read somewhere we should be up and moving an hour for every hour we are sitting in front of the TV (and I'd add computer!). Can't wait to hear more about your new dog.....today is the day!

Chris, WTG on the size four. What a great non-scale victory!

Lisa, I'm trying to catch up on the building sale scenario. I think I need to start over at page 1 when I get a chance. Anyhow, good for you losing 2# and getting some good sleep!

Will check in later-

Lanette
    SW Washington State
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Chris ~ Congrats on the Size 4. When I weighed 110, I still wore a size 12 pants. Every figure is different. Mine is short and round. LOL :)

Marnie ~ Have a wonderful day. Your dinner out sounded like fun. Sorry about the chatty waiter - I hate when that happens.

Grace ~ Prayers for you and your daughter.

Karen ~ Your veggie bag looks yummy.

Gloria ~ You are a wise woman. Being able to talk to a co-worker as you did is a talent I wish I had. I would just have a meltdown and cry. I am constantly having to "put my big girl panties on".

Charleen ~ Beautiful quilt. So much talent.

Michelle ~ You have more will power than anyone I can think of...with maybe the exception of Barbie. I cannot imagine taking special food to a dinner.

Barbie ~ Could you walk both dogs a the same time? So excited for you.

Sherry ~ Thanks for the cute toons.

Joyce ~ Show us a pic of your new stove. I love getting new replacements.

I am negotiating getting the exterior of my mom's house painted. I seem to have gotten and good deal and just hope a lot of extras don't pop up.

Off to walk my Pom!

Carol in GA

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Had a great visit with my bro and DSIL. We parted agreeing to do it more. We live 1 1/2 hours apart but grew up inseparable (he is 1 year younger). And still are very close.

DH is better this morning. That's for the comments.

Chris in MA, whereabouts? My DD and family live in Chicopee.

Apple Watch users, how do you count daily steps (app) to eliminate Fitbit?

STATS:

185.6 pounds
    Stretches 17 min
    Squats 32
    Steps 9225
    Walking dogs 47 min
    Water 12 cups

Rita in CT

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    <3 Good morning! Have much to do today so just popping in to keep up with my reading. Love this group. It feels like a chatty group of friends. I really don't have any women friends in this town, and I miss having a best friend to go to coffee with and just "have". This kind of feels like it fills that gap. Thank you all just for being YOU!

Tracie in Wisconsin
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Allie big (((hugs))) sweetie. I know its a hard time for you. . Been thru it twice myself. Sending good thots for your meeting this week. <3<3<3

Janetr okc
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge - What other name would be appropriate "Drama Queen!"

Charleen in Colorado (Wind is picking up, it might be a howler of a day)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge: I envy your childhood self. Riding horses, roping and rodeo sounds like a great way to grow up. :smiley:

Grace: You need to rest and a missed day of church will not hurt the grandkids. Sending prayers for your daughter's health and wisdom for her doctors. (((HUGS)))

Karen: Your bagged veggies look wonderful! :star:

Chris in MA: Congrats on the size 4!!!!! I haven't worn a 4 since I was 4 years old. I am wearing 8's now, thanks to MFP. I've discovered I need large long sleeved tops because the smaller ones have sleeves that are too short. :ohwell: Lower carb plus higher protein & fat also work well for me. :bigsmile:

Barbie: It has been a long time since I had to sit for a long meeting, but I always prefer the back row so I can get up and move. Have a safe trip to the airport to get Bess. :flowerforyou:

We had a tasty breakfast this morning, but much higher in sugar that is usual for me. I have a heritage sourdough starter that came to Oregon on the Applegate Trail, a spur off of the Oregon trail that led to Southern Oregon. I exercise it by making sourdough waffles from time to time. I'll need to burn off calories on the exercise bike in the garage today.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
    January 2017 Resolutions:

1: Log every bite and swallow;
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png