40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Getting closer to needing to find the 50+ club.
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We are here - us 50 + folks-
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    On way out to run on National Mall again.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Snowing today, so had to do a track workout on the treadmill. 6 miles in total, with four miles done by alternating between 5k race pace and marathon race pace every quarter mile. Felt pretty good the entire run.
    Will do an easy paced run and some swim drills tomorrow.

You weren't running next to me at the Y, were you? (Only partially kidding.)

Not guilty! I run at the Big Sky gym on the Plainville/New Britain line. I do have a few friends who belong to the YMCA tri club in Plainville, though most of them are swimmers and cyclists. Do you run there?
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Getting closer to needing to find the 50+ club.

Shhh! Please don't draw attention to that fact. If the aging police show up, on my next birthday I'll be kicked out of that club, too. :)

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Snowing today, so had to do a track workout on the treadmill. 6 miles in total, with four miles done by alternating between 5k race pace and marathon race pace every quarter mile. Felt pretty good the entire run.
    Will do an easy paced run and some swim drills tomorrow.

You weren't running next to me at the Y, were you? (Only partially kidding.)

Not guilty! I run at the Big Sky gym on the Plainville/New Britain line. I do have a few friends who belong to the YMCA tri club in Plainville, though most of them are swimmers and cyclists. Do you run there?

I like the Plainville Y because the lap pool is almost always open (also: hot tub!) but I'm usually at Southington. I asked because there was a guy next to me doing intervals, and it seemed to match up with what you described. And the profile photos are so little that I can't really SEE you. :)

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    TRX and Lifting done. sdereski, love the photos..gmr3guy, high five to the muddy 10. Have a great day.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Race pace, full distance row, as the middle of 3 intervals.

I didn't fuel properly and my brain mutinied with just 1:30 mins left. I just... stopped. But then the other part of my brain said, "WTF are you doing?!? GO!!!" I had to really push to catch up to where I should have been. But I did it. Gotta plan my pre-race food better than that.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    nice skipping, sdereski.

nice photos, eliza.

I did some cardio, today.

My total scale loss for January was three lbs. This is a real crawl....but, gives me hopemthat I can return to "maintenance" by summer.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Race pace, full distance row, as the middle of 3 intervals.

I didn't fuel properly and my brain mutinied with just 1:30 mins left. I just... stopped. But then the other part of my brain said, "WTF are you doing?!? GO!!!" I had to really push to catch up to where I should have been. But I did it. Gotta plan my pre-race food better than that.

Totally can empathize with the fueling comment. Last year, I had my longest race to that point on my paddleboard (3.85 miles) and at about 2/3 of the way, I just hit a wall. I felt like I was paddling in mud and at least two girls passed me like I was standing still. I did catch up to one by the end of the race, but we tied coming in. I was so mad at myself for giving up so many spots. I learned my lesson about pre-race fueling.

At least for my next race of 4 miles, I apparently had done things right (it was nice because it was out of town and we had a free breakfast where I was able to eat plenty in addition to my usual protein drink). The lady I had been pacing with said in the last 1/4 of the race I took off like a shot and there was no way she was catching up to me no matter what she tried to do. Felt much stronger that race and I guess it showed in my performance. Had one of my fastest split times for that race also.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beeps. At least you are down, so that's a big win in my books! :)

Another 6km run in. Not walking as much, but boy, am I working at keeping running.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    banged out some cardio circuits at the gym!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Rest" day. going to fail anyway, so I went to the gym and threw around the tire. didn't break my record, but honestly didn't count them. maybe between 40-50ish. flipped it yesterday too as part of the cardio circuit! i'll also be flipping desks, credenzas and file cabinets at work today. :p
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    37!!! So sad. RIP trainer Dave. :(
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - A heart attack at 37 is a tragedy. So sorry to hear that.

20 minute FTP test done at a local cycling studio last night. Nothing like a group setting with everyone's speed, cadence and power numbers shown on a big screen to keep the competitive juices flowing.

Step back in volume this weekend. Long run of ten miles today, then 6 tomorrow and a swim. Down to six more weeks until race day. That's good, because the novelty of winter running is starting to wear off. :)

• __TMac__
    Options
    @Djproulx - Yeah, all my winter running is treadmill based. I used to love to do it outside, but now I have rosacea and long periods of time spent outside are out. Very sad. My favorite is running in spring and summer rains, so at least I can still do that.

Last coaching session before race day. She's promised to make it a doozy!