What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    This may be a TMI, be warned :)

I haven't seen a shift in the scale for weeks, months even BUT I have started strength training so attributed it to that (water weight).

HOWEVER, I can see definite changes in my appearance.

I'm starting to get a defined waistline (Me - ME!), my "bat-wings" (underarm flab) are decreasing in size AND my droopy-belly (tummy apron/overhang) is much, much smaller! I swear that a couple of days ago it was the size, shape and weight of a large melon but today it's more like a grapefruit size/shape/weight.

I have no idea where it's disappearing to as there's been no shift in weight but I'm glad it's going. I never want to see it again!

This is great what sort of training are you doing free weights or machines
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »

I haven't seen a shift in the scale for weeks, months even BUT I have started strength training so attributed it to that (water weight).

I'm starting to get a defined waistline (Me - ME!), my "bat-wings" (underarm flab) are decreasing in size AND my droopy-belly (tummy apron/overhang) is much, much smaller! I swear that a couple of days ago it was the size, shape and weight of a large melon but today it's more like a grapefruit size/shape/weight.

I have no idea where it's disappearing to as there's been no shift in weight but I'm glad it's going. I never want to see it again!

Machines at the moment but I want to use free weights as my right side is weaker than my left (go figure, my right is my "dominant" side) plus my core strength is non-existant. Just waiting for a PT session to become available as I haven't a clue where to start with free weights :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »

Machines at the moment but I want to use free weights as my right side is weaker than my left (go figure, my right is my "dominant" side) plus my core strength is non-existant. Just waiting for a PT session to become available as I haven't a clue where to start with free weights :)

I'd love to hear what you are doing on machines. I don't have the get-up-and-go yet to attempt free weights, but I am super comfortable using the machines. Glad to hear of a real-world success using them.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Okay, so what's an NSV?
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Pooshka2 wrote: »
    Okay, so what's an NSV?

Non scale victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!