February 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @mobycarp a few years back my job changed and it honestly went from being very high stressed, I was a site lead for a contractor on the Army's biggest program, to a very low level stress job now. So I honestly can't complain when I have a crazy week. I think I'm just not used to it ha ha! One of the managers here know I'm so over qualified for the job I have now that when she had a chance to grab me for a program she did, however, unlike the rest of the folks on the program I need to keep doing what I was. Being away from my desk without a computer for a few days at year end is not a good look on me. LOL

Sorry I haven't kept up on the thread, I will go through and read. My hip is feeling almost 100% finally, so I plan to run tomorrow.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for February
    2/1 5 miles - 5
    2/2 10miles - 10
    2/3 5 miles - 15

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12 << 1:35:55 2 in AG & 25 OA
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10 << 2:44:41
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18
    Kentucky Derby Marathon - 4/29

5 easy recovery miles this morning. Feeling a little bit sore from Thursday's run still which was carried over from Tuesday's double and weights session. Long run tomorrow and maybe more weights.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Feb MTD (goal = 70)
    02/01/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 2.6
    02/02/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 5.7
    02/03/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 8.3

Treadmill run again today. Stella is not feeling well so we didn't get out this morning. :(

@lporter229 sounds like our Stellas are so similar - sometimes it's a challenge to have a little four-legged running buddy. They make up for it with cute though.

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Aargh. Day didn't go as planned. Gonna be heading out for a cold dark run in awhile. I haven't run in the dark since early December :o
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    01 Feb – 10.1 km
    02 Feb – 7.5 km + Body Balance
    04 Feb – 10.7 km including parkrun

Goal: 100 miles / 160 km
    Total: 28.3 km

Yay, yay, parkrunday! Love parkrunning, love meeting up for coffee afterwards with all my parkrun peeps.

Speaking of parkrun:

http://blog.parkrun.com/ca/2017/01/31/parkrun-canada-prospects-map/

Canada%2020170131_zps6jq5dy0i.jpg

parkrun launched in Canada in August. Now, there are parkruns being planned there all over the place (the red markers).

Two are up and running, 42 in the pipeline!

(There are currently 1,058 parkrun sites with parkrun every Saturday in the world.)
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    So glad I didn't blow off my run! I felt so chilly all day getting in and out of the car, but felt fine in my running clothes :p I think it was 37F feels like 29 when I headed out? I still worked up a sweat. It was a slow 3 miles. I thought about running longer but didn't want to worry the hubby since it was dark.
  • cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2/1/17----7.2miles
    2/2/17----7.8miles
    2/3/17----7.7miles

exercise.png

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    This cold is kicking my *kitten*. Was meant to hit a 15 but it was not happening. May have to do a 5km rest day tomorrow in advance of long run so my lungs don't mutiny :/

February 1- 15km
    February 2- 11km
    February 3- 11.1km

37.1 km/200km

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    February goal: Lose 3 pounds

2/1: rest
    2/2 3.16
    2/3 3.60

Total: 6.76

@RespectTheKitty ...well if you ever get to the Big Island, I'll clue you in to where to find all the good snorkeling!

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and total to date:

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    @KatieJane83 Congrats on "that feeling" :D I've run a couple 8 milers within a 1 mile radius of my house. Lol.

I've been trying to decide if running Fri/Sat/Sun is too much since I'm coming back off 2 low hit-and-miss months. I finally decided I will focus today on taking down the Christmas trees and stuff :blush: and plan to run every other day - so Fri/Sun/Tues. I just don't want to overdo it and regret it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    ning Fri/Sat/Sun is too much since I'm coming back off 2 low hit-and-miss months. I finally decided I will focus today on taking down the Christmas trees and stuff :blush: and plan to run every other day - so Fri/Sun/Tues. I just don't want to overdo it and regret it.
    Good plan there. That reminds me, I need to take down the Christmas tree...
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn I'm glad I'm not the only one! I took down the outdoor lights our first week back from Mayo so this weekend needs to be indoor. Boo.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Goal: 100k

2/2: 3.1k easy, incline
    2/4: 1.2k -abandoned

Yesterday and today I had two attempts to run properly and both failed. My adductor - inner quad- is suffering and now i figure out that it is impossible to run the 20k trail run tomorrow, so bb race. I was about to ask your opinion whether to race or not but things made clear on their own. I guess it's rest time for awhile.

Races:
    2/5 -20k- trail race
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic nice run this morning. Hope you have a wonderful hike later!
    @NikolaosKey sorry to hear about your running troubles! I hope you can heal up soon!