What is the daftest weight related thing someone has ever said to you?

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Them: You've lost so much weight! You must be in the gym every day.
    Me: I've not set foot in a gym, I just walk a lot.
    Them: I wish I could do that.
    Me: You can, just go for a walk whenever and wherever you happen to be.
    Them: I can't do that, I always have to look after my grand-daughter.
    Me: What? Your grand-daughter doesn't have legs?
    Them: She doesn't like to walk.
    Me: Don't you have a buggy for her?
    Them: She won't sit in it for long, she gets bored.
    Me: ... (gives up)

"She doesn't like to walk".

Kids don't like a lot of things until you make them do it, and then they enjoy themselves. Getting a kid to like walking means taking them walking and ignoring the whining. They learn to love it and it is one of the greatest gifts you can give them, imo.

I will never understand the idea that we express our love to our kids by encouraging them to be unhealthy, whether it's "kid food" or sitting on their backsides all day. Everyone likes a duvet day or chicken nuggets once in a while, but making that the routine is not an expression of love. Get the kids out in the rain. They'll thank you for it one day.

And if all else fails, take a ball and play fetch. If I've learned anything from my parent friends its that kids and dogs have a lot in common... but parents don't like to be reminded of that.

Baby fetch is a great activity!

207-Featured.jpg

I need to teach my dog that trick...
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "You're so skinny!"
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    the dukan diet and the fast metabolism diet
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Diet soda will make you gain weight and causes cancer

Well I have actually read a lot of studies about diet soda and none of them are good. The problem with DS is your body thinks it is sweet and you have just taken in sugar, when you haven't, so your body produces insulin to regulate the sugar you didn't drink. Eventually your body starts to slow down on insulin production and problems start. And if you don't think the phenylaniline (sp.) in Diet Coke is bad, just google it and see. If 1/2 of what is said about it is true it is really bad for you

Any studies done that suggest diet soda causes weight gain are correlational. What that means is that there is a correlation between those who drink diet soda and those who are overweight...but if we could all say it together now..."correlation does not equal causation!".

Any link between the two is easily explained by the fact that people who are already overweight/diabetic begin drinking diet soda to help them lose weight/control blood sugar.

Have a nice day.

You can employ this reasoning about anything regarding health: cigarettes, alcohol, dark chocolate, apples, seat belts, multi-vitamins, aspirin, eating breakfast, not eating breakfast ... (Also, the above is not a "fact.")

Links between things can be explained "easily" however you decide to link what with what.

Have a nice day.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    "I thought you were trying to lose weight, what are you doing eating that?"

This bugs me no end 'thought you were on a diet'

I got that comment recently from someone I'm not terribly fond of. I believe my intentionally snarky reply was, "I am. I guess you don't really know how dieting works..." He stopped commenting after that. :#

Love that response! May 'borrow' it.
  • rxspecta
    rxspecta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    a guy told me he doesnt eat pork because where ever the pork is cut from = such as rump roast for example that it where it will become fat on your body, so shoulder roast,pork belly,head cheese? ha.
    he was a religious dude so i guess trying to eliminate evil pork from his diet, i still wonder if he was bullshittin me as he didnt laugh when he said that!
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing an infomercial as a kid about some sort of exercise/nutrition whatchamacallit where the guy was ragging at steppers and treadmills because "what people don't understand is all that exercise will just make your legs and thighs look bigger."