WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now.....

Jeezum Crow...more snow!!!! Woke up this morning to 4 more inches of fresh powdery stuff. Housework all done for the day so am watching my motorcycle supercross racing. Villipoto is my dude! He's my fav cuz he rides hard, fast and smart. He's at the top of his class now and absolutely rocks it! I don't follow football, hockey, baseball and such. I'm more into supercross, down hill, rock crawling, Baja racing, mountain bike racing and such. Oh yeah, NASCAR too! Kyle Bucsh is my man in #18, the M & M's car! I've always wanted to be a NASCAR driver, I think I would kick butt at it!

Katla - yeah, been flushing with water since the chip incident. I carry a 24oz water bottle with me everywhere and as soon as it's empty it gets filled. So far so good, only a lil swelling, can get my diabetic shoes on although they are a lil tight, but not my boots so no walking in the fresh snow today.

Kelly - I'm glad you got a good cry in and are now focusing on the good memories. She is at peace now. I hope my memes made you smile.

Carol - sending good thoughts and prayers for strength and guidance your way.

Here's a few memes to pick up everybody's day.....

gn7uocnu8xpd.jpg
    cxn8qcaa5zzv.jpg
    dsghnqae4t30.jpg
    dmnt77c6fs8l.jpg

Marni - found a couple for you too.....

19a12fepjfmh.jpg
    qjch122e9g5d.jpg

OK, back to my supercross. Love you all!! Peace!

Sherry in "Dangit, it's snowing again!"

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn ~ I've seen that before but it was just as funny the second time. Thanks!

Carol in GA
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    Carol sending prayers.

Kim great job finding tops that fit. I bought a top I love that is a petite even though I am 5'7". Lesson learned you need to try things on size is secondary.
  • sherryminchagain
    Options
    Tammy and Yvonne - you're welcome! I love to make people smile, giggle or outright laugh. It makes me feel good to make others feel good and any life coach will tell you to do what you love. My life might be crap, but I have to laugh or risk going insane, so I seek the funny lil truths in life and post them here for you all to enjoy and possibly lighten your day with a giggle or a smile! Enjoy!

Sherry in "smile, it won't crack your face!"
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn – Some people just don’t like the honesty of a child; they’d rather trample on their ability to be ‘honest’ … did not see that he was being anything but; … my DOS’s favorite ‘fast food’ was “Stuffy Fried Chicken” (Colonel Sander’s was “Stuffy”).

Re – Don’t feel bad, hon … if I have 3 things (or more) to take with me anywhere, I am going to forget one of them … usually the most ‘important’ one.

My DDnL#1’s mother bought a T-shirt with a ‘flamingo’ on it. Needless to say, too short. I’m thinking of taking it to JoAnn’s and find some ruffles to go on the bottom. I’m sure the word ‘petite’ did not mean anything to her, she was just estimating the size for me. Fits everywhere else; but, in the length; I, at least, want my tops to cover me, if I raise my arms over my head.

Lenora
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Kelly, so sorry for your loss. Sending loving thoughts and gentle ((((Hugss)))). Remember we are all with you.

Sarah, you are right that it gets frustrating when the scale doesn’t move but sometimes your clothes still continue to grow. That is a wonderful feeling to find things getting bigger even when the weight stays the same. We all just have to hang in there and do the best we can. Good going on those planks.

Re, I say be happy with what we get….or lose as the case may be. I’d love to lose an inch from my back but then I’ve never had big boobs to worry about. OMG I want a picture of the lady swimming and reading! It was a regular paper book? Gosh I love to people watch. The reason I won’t get a Instant Pot is the storage issue. I have to keep some things in the Garage in storage cabinets and thus rarely use them but just don't have room in the kitchen.

Rori, so sorry to hear you got the crud. I hope it pays a short visit. Feel better soon. ((Hugs))

Becky, glad you are enjoying your new book. In addition to sharing the title, feel free to share any tips you pick up for those of us that don’t make the time to read. Congrats on the loss.

Katla, you know we are wishin’ and hopin’ for everything to go well for your DH’s eye appointment. Prayers on the way!!!

Carey, that was a nice win. I’d happy dance, too.

Marni, glad your doggies like to dance with you. Pepper takes after DH and has no sense of rhythm but he does encourage me. lol

Sherry, I laughed at all of them today. Thanks.

Joyce, it sounds like a lot of work to be done both by the contractors and you. I’m just thrilled that you can concentrate on that again and not only on Charlie’s health. What a year you two had last year but things are definitely looking better. Don't forget to do before and after pictures.

Allie, that is terrible of your SIL to post that. Why did she do it?

Sarah, you were talking about summer challenges…..my summer challenge is to see how often I can get to the beach. I’m guessing that’s not what you were talking about?

Chris/WI, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. Thanks for signing with your name and location as that is very helpful to those of us with less than stellar memories. Come often.

Yinka, glad you are feeling better today.

KarenVA, unfortunately I don’t know how to shag. It looks like so much fun but since DH doesn’t dance, I haven’t bothered to learn it.

Rita, if ya’ll are like us you could be looking at RVs for the next few years. Of course if that is something you both really want it may be in the near future. Good luck.

Fran, welcome. We are happy to have you join us.

Tammy, good for you on getting out of that chair and doing some exercise. That is a problem we all face.

Ginger, what part of Texas are you in? We have a few here in Texas. I grew up in McAllen a thousand years ago but ya never get the Texas out of the girl.

CarolGA, prayers for whatever you are going through. How about a ((((Hug)))) too.

Marcely, I totally understand because I love fried chicken too.!!! Thanks

Sherry, I can always come here for a good laugh thanks to you!!! ((Hugs))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to the Moose meeting last night and felt pretty good but was exhausted when I got home. I slept well but didn’t feel great when I got up this morning. I was pretty much a couch tater today but feeling fine now. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this crud is behind me.
    I want to share a quote from Maxine. “I’m very spiritual. Tequilla, Rum, Whisky, Gin…Hey, they’re all spirits, right?”

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Barbie: I bet anything that your students will love doing a line dance to "Born this Way." Thanks for your good thoughts. We've had lunch and we've checked in to our hotel. Before it gets dark we need to get out on the road and find the surgery center. That will keep me from being an anxious mess in the morning. :smiley:

Carol: Sending prayers for you. :heart:

We're tucked into our hotel room near the surgery center. We'll go out and get dinner later, but are resting for now. No sign of cold weather or snow. Lets keep the good thought.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    Just saw this.
    Meredith ... So tell me, how do you manage your migraines to recover faster?
    I rest as much as possible, avoid loud sound and bright lights, pray, eat carbs, but no sugar; drink a lot of water. The projects I have going, I at least look at, even if I can't do anything. That way when I feel better, I don't feel like I am beginning from scratch.

Thank you ... my son ...up until recently ... suffered from chronic migraines (20-25 a month). He does everything you mentioned except "eat carbs." I'll have to mention that with the no sugar as well.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    Karen congrats on the new grandson.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :)Katla, we've had to go to Seattle and stay in a hotel the night before surgery and have treated the night before like a special treat for us. It sounds like you and your hubby are doing the same thing. Enjoy. I am thinking good thoughts for the ease and success of his surgery tomorrow.

<3 Barbie
  • sherryminchagain
    Options
    Karenleona - hey!! Congratulations on the new grandson!!! That is so great! And good job on the no order for you in the drive-thru! I'm proud of you!

DJ - glad i can make you laugh! And speaking of spirits....I'll put my two cents in....

9cy2x5njoomv.jpg

Katla - I'm wishing your DH the best for his surgery. Good idea locating the surgery center before you actually have to go in the morning, that should save you some stress and help things move along easily. Be very glad you guys aren't out here in the Gorge!

It actually stopped snowing and now there's blue sky everywhere! It cleared out awful fast! Think I'll try to either squeeze my feet into my boots or say to heck with it and risk getting my diabetic tennis shoes wet and go for a walk in the sun and fresh powdery snow! It will feel good to get outside instead of sitting on my fat rear watching TV. Saw a couple of Robins playing in a puddle yesterday down the street. I wonder if they are out today. Someone dumped a big pile of bird seed out on the edge of the field at the end of the next street over and there were a bunch of Bobwhite quail chowing down yesterday. It was soooo cool to see them, there were so many! There were a few Morning Doves too.

Yep, time to go for a walk, then come home and I think I will make a nice omelette with mushrooms, baby spinach, tomatoes, avocado, cheddar cheese inside and crumbled blue cheese on top for dinner, yummy!! Later ya'll! Peace!

Sherry in "tryin' to squeeze my fat lil feet into my boots!"

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :|
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Played golf really badly today but I didn't quit. It was a beautiful day and I made a new friend
    Karen -congrats on the new grandson. Nothing better than a new baby.
    Carol -sending prayers and hugs your way.
    DJ- I didn't know you were from TX. I wasn't born here but came when DH was stationed here and we stayed after we retired.
    So tired. Better quit for now.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 16.22min, 10.7amph, 141mhr, 2.9mi, black ice n snow!= 153c
    apple watch- 116c
    LATERAL MACHINE 37min, lvl7, lat10, 125ahr, 141mhr, 4564strides, 76floors, 4.65miles = 290c
    apple watch- 315c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 8.03min, 134mhr, 10.5amph, 1.4mi, black ice! = 74c
    apple watch- 50c
    walk station 2 wk- 17.07min, 2.7ap, 122mhr, 132ahr .7mi black ice n snow! = 107c
    apple watch- 73c
    walk wk 2 sta- 8.21min, 3.3ap, 107mhr, .4mi = 58c
    apple watch- 40c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.44min, 7.5amph, 130mhr, (wrong) 2.5m = 157c
    apple watch- 144c

total cal 839
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Waving to Kirby. Hey!!! Spoil our Pip, ya know she rides her bike thru snow and flings herself off sports equipment!!
    Becca
    In Oregon