WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Exercised then went to Aldi. I found these good things called "Fusion Rice Rolls". They are only 35 calories, but they are sweet. Really takes care of the sweet tooth. Didn't know how they'd be so I didn't get very many. I might get more the next time I go.

Then Vince and I went to the Salvation Army. I'd taken a picture of a few things I saw there yesterday and he wanted to go measure. The table I saw was too small but we did get this entertainment system for our porch. The one we have out there looks in poor shape. It was only $15. It's this kind that you put together, on wheels. At least Vince doesn't have to put it together. Then went to Aldi to exchange the nectarines for peaches. I really wanted peaches. I think the gal returned the nectarines but didn't charge me for the peaches. I mentioned this to her but she said "that's fine" so I guess it is. I do know that they have a policy where you get a free exchange if you are dissatisfied with what you bought. But I was more than willing to pay for the peaches since that's what I originally wanted. When we came home got dinner ready so I just need to microwave it.

In a bit we'll go to the vet to take Bonnie and Clyde. When we get home I'll probably go to WalMart, Sam's is right there and I need to get gas.

We have a Newcomer general meeting tomorrow. Publix is opening by me (well, it's about 20 minutes away) and I want to go. Vince has no desire to go so we'll probably take 2 cars to the meeting. Then we'll just take my car to ceramics. My bee is coming along. Since I stay longer, I'll probably put the second coat of brown on. There's a lot of brown.

Welcome everyone new. Sit a spell, take your shoes off and have some (unsweetened) tea or a cup of coffee

jolenc - what an adventure you had with your umbrella! Hope you have a good day

katla - I'm sure you're the same way. I'm not used to salt and now I can really taste it. We went to Olive Garden (who uses a lot of salt on their food) a while ago and it didn't bother me. Recently, I went to OG and almost choked on how much salt there was in their soup. I wish there was some way to neutralize the salty flavor, I wonder if putting a raw potato in the soup would help? It's supposed to help at home. But I have no idea how long it takes for that to be effective. The Chinese use a lot of soy sauce which is high in sodium

Just came back from WalMart where I spent over $100. I usually don't do that. Oh well....

Yinka - gorgeous cufflinks

Becca - no (but your pic is great). I meant TravelGurlll. I usually plan out our meals by the week, too. lacruiser's also looks like it was professionally done. I'd like to ask the guy who does the photos for The Green Room if he would take my pic. I don't know how expensive it will be, that will be the determining factor. Otherwise, maybe I'll have Vince take one and then another and then another until I am satisfied with the picture

Carol - prayers

Allie - we have three extra bedrooms. Well, Jessica usually uses one of them and it's full of her "junk". But the bedroom downstairs is connected to its own bathroom. Downstairs we even have an under-the-wetbar refrig and a microwave. So you're more than welcome. Well, really, anyone is.

Kin - do you mean to tell me that you're STILL working on those cards?

Just portioned out a bag of kale that I had defrosted. Don't ask me to explain it, but for some reason I kept putting this off. But just now I did it. Guess I have to wait until Aldi has more chopped kale in stock.

Marcelyn - thanks for the smile

Sherry - are you also into motocross? Shane Watts? Good for you rooting for Kyle Bush. He's our guy. One reason is because Vince retired from Mars. He remembers when Mars didn't sponsor a car. They've come a long way... Love your attitude about making people smile.

Kim - one reason I like to buy in a secondhand store is because you know the item has been thru the washer and dryer. How many times I've put a shirt in the dryer only to have it shrink

Lenora - I don't like to expose my big stomach when I lift my arms, either.

DJ - LOL your summer challenge

Karen - big big congrats on both fronts. First in becoming a grandma and also for not ordering anything in the drivethru

Katla - prayers for tomorrow

jbrinker - welcome

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Waving to Kirby. Hey!!! Spoil our Pip, ya know she rides her bike thru snow and flings herself off sports equipment!!
    Becca
    In Oregon

he rides right there with me ;0)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Loving the funnys by everyone!!!!! Laughter is the best medicine.

Yinka, I also have MS and Katla's husband also does. Luckily my MS is benign and doesn't give me much trouble at all. But I took Avonex for years and spent a lot of money. Then my husband got ulcerative colitis and his infusions were as expensive as my Avonex so I stopped mine. My neurologist had been a bit befuddled about my MS and was beginning to question whether I really had it but yet so many symptoms were there along with a bad exacerbation and optic neuritis. She didn't like it when I stopped it but yet she had no choice in the manner. Now she says I probably never needed it in the first place.

Barbie, I would imagine Lady Gaga would be very touched and honored that you are going to use her song in line dancing.

Carol, I am a very praying person and will continue to pray for you.

Kelly, I teared up when I read your tribute of your sister. So much of it reminded me of me and my sister. We to shared a bed but only for a couple of years. Mom and Dads bedroom was pretty close to ours and were pretty strict on when lights were out and we were to be silent. And they meant SILENT. So we became very proficient on using our fingers to either draw pictures or write on each others backs. When we got home from dates, or just wanted to talk about life. I had a sister who died when I was 16, she was 20. You would think that me being 16 I would know her but I didn't. My other sister was 18 months older than me and even she says she didn't really know Donna. She also died of cancer and Heaven received a special young woman. My sister had quite a problem with God taking her at the age she died. Her minister, after Norma telling him about Donna said that she was so introverted that God knew she needed to go home. I am glad your sister is pain free. That cancer she had was a bad one and I can see how it affected her personality.

Very quiet day today for us. Charlie went to the mall, I did some of my exercises. My back is feeling a lot better. He isn't satisfied with the estimate the painter has given us and wanted me to get more estimates. He always does this, wants me to do the grunt work and then vetoes when I get something. The painting we have to have done is to paint gutters and down spouts, front door, garage door, back garage door, gables, soffits, we have four large collums 6 shutters. I think that is all. It really needs a good power washing. Anyway the estimate is $4750. Is that high??? Oh, our house is 2300 sq ft and we live in southwestern Indiana. I don't know if anyone here in the US have heard of Home Advisors.com but we like to use them. They do background checks, etc for you and we feel we are safe going this way. So he asked me to get more names for him. Home Advisors only gave me one more name and they are about 45 miles away. So I don't know how that will figure in the estimate.

Joyce, Indiana
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hope it's okay for a newby to jump in. I've just started back on MFP. I had been pretty faithful about 4 years ago. In the last year, some of my old accident injuries had been starting to wear and tear on me so I began to let exhaustion get the better of me and quit exercising like I should. Just before Christmas, I injured my right shoulder, neck, chest and upper back going down with a heavy piece of equipment bearing down on that side. It compressed my upper ribs and vertebrae. It had me down to a crawl. I finally went to see the chiropractor. After the first couple of visits, he told me I had to get moving again! Fortunately, with him working not only on my shoulder, but also the other weak areas, I have been able to get moving a little more. Over the past month, I've lost 11 pounds of what I put back just by getting up and moving again. However, since I'm the support system for everyone around work and home, I don't have my own support system. I've now logged back into MFP 2 days in a row. I'm hoping to make it a regular part of my life again. I've changed my eating habits back to what they were before as well. Hopefully, I'll start feeling much better soon - that's my ultimate goal. Losing weight would just be a nice side effect. :smiley:
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Tammy in Montana - I live in Thompson, Manitoba. It's an 8 hour drive north of Winnipeg. I bought a big box (100 bulbs) of tulips last fall anticipating that I would get them planted but we got a big dump of snow, so they are now sitting in my fridge waiting for spring.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sherry: Keep the funny posts coming! I love them. :bigsmile:

jbrinker: Welcome to a great group! :star:

Michelle: I have gotten to a point where I use less salt & notice salt when there is too much of it. I spent many years eating lots of salt and now I feel a lot better with using less. What a surprise. :noway:

tekavincent: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :smiley: I love your hummingbird picture. It reminds me of the hummingbirds who live in our neighborhood and visit our feeders every day. Ours are Annas Hummingbirds. What kind are yours? :huh:

We have our alarms set for 6am and will be getting to bed soon. It is only 9pm, but were not used to being early risers and, since this will lead directly to getting to DH's surgery on time, we're both revved up. I have big hopes for a better situation for him. I suspect I'll read a while longer.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Aaaaack just typed a paragraph and lost it!!! Be well people!
    Becca
    Frustrated in
    Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    1 am and can't sleep..Will try and roll over and get more shut eye...
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    [quote="I think that is why I have the attitude that is if I am not taking care of myself I am being selfish. Running around and taking care of everyone else denies them the chance to take responsibility for themselves and gives me an excuse for denying my own needs.[/quote]

Margaret I totally agree with this - you are so wise!

• GloworminWA
    Options
    Marcelynh - that was belly laughing stuff! Thanks for my laugh of the day!
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Kelly - I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose someone who shares history with you. I am glad that you have good memories. Holding you in my heart.

-Sharon
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Sherry love the one about China! B)

Kelly so sorry about your sister - even when we know the inevitable will come it still hurts. ((((Hugs)))))

Night all - hopefully there will be no late start tomorrow for the boys - they've been home from school for 2 days = first on snow second one ice.

Gloria in WA
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So, I made it to page 20. I should know by now that if I miss a day or two there will be a lot of catching up.

Lillian - Sounds like you are having a nice vacation. Be glad you are not here in the snow and cold.

Katla - I hope you make your trip from west to east. I always think it sounds like a grand adventure.

Barbie - Thanks for your thoughts on RV travel. Going across Canada is on hold until I retire. We live in an amazing country. It is too bad we can't do it this year as we have free passes to the Parks. Canada is 150 years old.

Pip - Glad you didn't get seriously hurt. I would expect nothing less than you continuing your work out.

Becca - The story about your sons giving out hugs is awesome. I am getting better at it but could never hug a stranger.

Sherry - You make me smile. Sometimes I laugh out loud.

Joyce - I love that you gave that lady a hug. I bet you made her day.

Karen in B.C> - this snow is crazy! And it's so cold here....brrrrrr

Margaret/Katla - We used a book called "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" when my brother's Crohn's /Colitis was at the worst. It seemed to help.

Melanie - It will happen. The women on here are inspiring and give great advice.

Marni - Congratulations on winning. When do you go to Florida?

Allie - I am sorry your SIL did that to you. Be careful what you share.

We went to the movie on Sunday. "Why Him" It was just what we needed to cure the winter blues for a few hours. It was raunchy but so funny. It was great to hear Larry laughing right out loud. My popcorn was delicious so that was a nice bonus. We returned home and I made grilled cheese and Mushroom soup. It just seemed like that kind of night.
    We have been working on getting Larry's pension papers filled out. We need the kids' SIN numbers. One son and our daughter are paranoid as to why their numbers are needed. Jason just sent his to me with no questions asked. How do I know why the government requires certain things? Still waiting for my daughter's number.
    Been very busy with work, looking after the dogs, and picking up kids, etc. Boss (the pitbull) has to be coaxed outside to do his business. He also requires a 10 minute cuddle before I can leave their house. He thinks he's a lapdog.
    Stopped at my sister's. She got of bed where she was reading (it was 2:30). I opened all the blinds to let light in while she had a shower. It was her first since Friday. We had coffee and she looked more lively. This is going to be a hard month with Les not returning until first part of March.
    Had to take Keira to dance as Jheri's car wouldn't start. She cried for me to come in after dance because she missed me. What's a Grandma to do? She showed me art work, crafts she had done, etc. She did her night time routine and then asked if she could read me a story. I couldn't resist that offer and how I enjoyed the snuggles!

-Sharon in Lethbridge, Alberta
    We are in a deep freeze. It was -16 F when I went to work this morning.
    Ready for a Chinook.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    15 min strength video and 60 squats day 4 of challenge

Kate UK
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Brief hey now....

Michele - GO KYLE!!! Shane Watts rocked it baby!! Unfortunately I think his back injury in 2009 kinda took the wind out of his sails. I heard he had 6 vertebrae fused from that one. I understand he's now operating a riding school called Dirtwise Academy and doing instructional videos I think. He was always so gung ho and would never let an injury get him down. And thanks, if I can give nothing else to this world I can at least brighten someone's day.

Managed to squeeze my fat lil feet into my boots for my walk. It was beautiful out, especially at twilight when the street lamps came on and made the fresh snow all sparkly! Too late for the birds though. Maybe tomorrow. Dinner turned out super yummy, had that omelette so stuffed with veggies (I added some broccoli to it too) that I could hardly fold it over, lol.

OK, here's a few memes for the mornin' peeps to get your day started.....

krqc7cay65ey.jpg7ce6wgg07838.jpg
    0162edndrhkn.jpg
    sds3j7uwtdv4.jpg
    ix4x2v9q5bob.jpg

OK, lol, that's enough for now....gotta....get.....sleep! I hope everybody gets their beauty sleep, Lord knows I need mine! Love you all!! Peace!

Sherry in "Yawnsville, Columbia River Gorge"

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    So my newest grandson Reid is being a brat and started having trouble breathing when he was 12 hrs old so he is now in NICU on CPAP and iv antibiotics. My daughter is a mess of course so I came back at midnight to sit with him so she would go to bed and get some rest. She had been up for 36 hrs!!
    Amazing that I am still making good food choices and not binging on junk. Probably too many carbs but staying within limits.