• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Morning! :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    Pip~ I understand I am a complainer aren't I ..
    Lenora~ your absolutely right about the only one who can change things is me.. so I have to kick my butt into gear and start taking control of the situation.. and the way the finances are set up he does everything on the computer so hard to try and know how to judge.. but no I will be keeping my paycheck seperate and will transfer what I think needs to be there into joint acct.
    I have to live by what I know
    the serenity prayer comes to mind..
    I have to accept the things I cannot change ,have the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference...
    was up and out by 5:40 this morning to get to the grocery store....we are getting another 5-8 inches of snow(yuck) and in between that we are getting rain that will turn to ice overnight.. swell....
    Tom is home and will do the snow blowing... and I have a chicken dish in the crock pot and will make baked mac and cheese also.. (no even though I love it I pack it in tupperware and freeze it..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Nancy - sorry to hear about your knee! I have an appt. with Ortho doc tomorrow to see what's up with mine.

Those Peacocks - love the Peacock love shack ... are they noisy? We used to have some in our neighborhood and wondered why we continually heard girls screaming :-). Then we figured out what it was. Those tail feathers are just gorgeous!

Queene, welcome and love your goals!

I try to read everyday but sometimes don't have a chance to post for days, other days I'm on here quite a bit and try to engage more. It's a great group, like Barbie said, participate as much as you want. I've only been on here a couple months but have gotten so many tips and ideas for eating healthy, exercise, etc.

Thanks to gals sharing, I've settled into a program of cutting out sugar and processed foods. I think it's going well.

Lanette
    SW WA State.... sunny today and for the next couple days! Need to dig out the shorts!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    668904buj3406kha.gif
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ Great job on selling your house. Hope it all goes through with no problems.

Love the puppy pic....can hardly find her head. LOL

I'm back to square one with my worrisome problem so please keep me in mind. What I thought was a great solution may not be so great at all. :'(

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    Pip~ I understand I am a complainer aren't I ...

you are not a complainer, you are sharing your feelings and this is. safe place to do it. there is nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't have been as kind as grits on the matter regarding your husband. I would have been much more blunt and direct with LOTS of cussing, so I would have been "beeped" all over the place ::0)

keep sharing, I wasn't so lucky when I was going thru your situation, I didn't have internet at the time and my family wasn't part of the pic. at least he isn't hitting you but then again, emotional abuse is just as bad. at least when you get hit the bruises go away.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh Carol thinking of you and hope whatever it is settles soon. Hugs and prayers <3
    Lacruiser love to see some pics of the peacocks
    Queene Welcome, I am fairly new myself but love this group
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Good morning my sweet ladies!((((((((((((hugs)))))))))
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michelle: I consider dark chocolate a health food & have a serving every day. Milk chocolate is off of my list forever because of all the added milk and sugar. My dark chocolate serving is one 50 calorie individually wrapped piece of Endangered Species 72% Dark Chocolate. Bliss. And I can have just one. My other indulgence is coffee, and I drink as much as I want. I sweeten it with stevia drops, not sugar.:heart:

Sue in WA: You have been productive! It sounds like you are getting set up for a wonderful spring. We have blueberries, too, and love them. I have a handful on my cottage cheese or oatmeal every morning. I'm happy about more riding time, too. It has been in the works for ages and I've finally made the arrangements because of DH's improving health situation. :bigsmile:

Joyce: So sorry to hear about back spasms. (((HUGS)))

Karen in VA: I'm keeping baby Olivia in my prayers. News is sounding hopeful. :flowerforyou:

Joyce in Alberta: Welcome to a great group! :smiley:

NYKaren: DS and DDIL went to Morocco last fall and loved it. I hope you'll enjoy every minute. :flowerforyou:

Queene PA: Welcome to a great group. :star:

lacruiser: I'm glad you're enjoying the peacocks. :smile:

Janet OKC: Congratulations on the weight loss success. That is a fun comparison chart. :laugh:

I'm out of time. DH is hungry and wants to go out for breakfast. I'll be back later today.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"Normally I'm quite normal . . ." The Gods Must be Crazy

30881843.png[/url]
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Katla: So glad that hubby's eyesight is so much better! I hope everything goes well in the sailing dept too.

Jana: Glad you enjoyed the poem.

Heather: I'm needing a Bea fix...

Karen VA: Olivia is in my thoughts

Lanette: Happy Anniversary!

Joyce AB: Welcome! I'm from the northern part of our lovely province

Queene: Welcome to a great group of caring women.

Carol: Whatever it is I hope you find a solution soon :)

My stress managment plan for today is to identify which items I can do something about and come up with an action plan for them.

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Michelle – DOS would have been there in a heartbeat with y'all. He ‘loves’ racing. He will be glued to the TV set for Daytona 500. Yeah, Daytona 500 is a ‘festival’. I just cannot believe the raceway is right next to a busy highway. Sisters and SO/Hubbies have gone there for several years for a shared vacation. Middle sister’s boss owns a cute little house there, 3 houses away from the beach. Easy walking.

Cracker is really good in the car. We took her to Louisiana with us this past August for a week. That time she had to find out what it was like to be on another female's territory. This last week, I have been letting her ride with me to the PO. The first day she thought it was time to ‘get out’; the 2nd day, she waited patiently for me to go in and come back.

I hope I don’t have the shingles either. Today I itch a little; but, not as bad as I did yesterday. My head hurts, especially right behind my ear; and, wearing glasses to read has been pretty miserable. I take them off every few minutes and then try to rest them off my ears. I keep pulling at them, but, because they are the ‘correct strength’ don’t want to break them. Hard to find.

Jana – I’m going to take a copy of the Weight Chart with me the next time I go for my weigh-in. I know that nurse/MD will get a real ‘kick’ out of it. I just told Louis what my weight goal and the chart had to say; he thought it was really funny.

KYKAREN – I know you will be very busy; but, I am sure y’all will have a great time. Louis just said we’re going on a ‘date night’ this afternoon. We always go early to beat the crowds.

queene, PA – You are going to find that giving the site a ‘quick’ glance every day or so will help you keep up. You wait from weekend-to-weekend … no telling how many posts you’ll have to read to catch up. I will read up to 100 past-due posts; but, after that I go straight to the last page.

A few tips:

1) Bookmark the site by going to the outline of the star and click on it; it will turn ‘yellow’; barbiecat will post a ‘new link’ to the ‘next month’ on the last day of the month. Make sure you also bookmark that new month as well.
    2) Some of us open up a word processing program and put it side-by-side to the MFP community; so that we can ‘answer’ the posts without too much of a risk of losing what we have typed in response. Then we ‘cut & paste’ our responses from our WPP to MFP (making sure we are on the last page) when we do so.
    3) You cannot start typing in the yellow response page; then, go back a page. If you do you WILL lose your post. You can ‘post’ it and then go back and ‘edit’ it. Go to your post and run your cursor over the upper right-hand corner and a black gear will appear with a drop-down, click on it and it will give you ‘up to 1 hour’ to ‘edit’ your post.
    4) Some of us ‘bold’ and/or 'color' the names, especially if our response posts are long, so that anybody just cruising through will see it and can read it, or not.
    5) Tell us what you care to share about yourself. Name, location (general or specific), family, married or not, children/grandchildren, hobbies, goals, anything so we get to know you better.
    6) We are a large group of women 50+ (but, welcome anyone in whether or not they are 50 or not; even let men in; but, they don’t normally stay long [or get involved]).
    7) We chat a lot; you will find encouragement, goal setting and achieving; rants, raves, and just plain out asking for suggestions. Just jump in!
    8) Private messages between you and others is just that ‘private’. Do NOT post it UNLESS you have permission from the person who sent it to you. It causes ‘hard feelings’ and we don’t want that to occur (if possible). It can also be considered as 'divisive'.
    9) We ‘try’ not to get into discussions about ‘politics’, ‘religious ideologies’, or ‘anything that is too controversial'. IF you want to do that … with another – do it in a PM. You ‘have’ to make ‘friends’ with that person in order to be able to send them a PM.
    10) I think that is all I can give you; maybe someone else has other suggestions.

Nancy – Peacock groups are called ‘pride’ or ‘parties’. I’m sure you know the horrific sound they make when they are strutting around. Our neighborhood babysitter (several decades ago) had a peacock and it could hear it a half-mile away. They lived in a big 2-story house that sat off the road a bit; and, it was their ‘alarm’ if someone drove up in the yard. They are beautiful birds. Also considered ‘sacred’ in Indian where they are the national bird. You can find out a lot of interesting little facts if you ‘Google’ peacock facts for children … several different sites. Just have fun reading about them. Especially since y’all seem to have an entire "party" of them.

Our DYS asked me ‘if’ I would paint/draw a picture of a peacock, for his ‘at the time’ girlfriend; who ended up being his wife. I did it in ‘mixed medium’, had it framed, and sent it home with him the next time he came home. She was so ‘excited’ about it and never thought for one minute that I would actually agree to do it. Well … we already knew that she would become his wife … he was just plain out ‘in love’ for the very first time (36-years-old). Love the sweet young lady and her daughter. He has the ‘exact’ type of woman in his life that he needs/needed; she thinks he is ‘her prince’. He treats her (and her daughter) as his princesses. His ‘new’ daughter ‘loves’ him just as much. She wrote me a sweet note after she and her mother were becoming a part of his life; about ‘wishing he could be HER boyfriend; but, he was her mother’s instead’.

Allie – I think everyone tries “The Serenity Prayer” outlook; it is ‘hard’. Just, as always, stay safe and always ‘feel’ protected … personally and financially. Snow … 5-8”? Makes that FL home look even ‘more’ appealing, doesn’t it? LOL!!! I think ‘in your work field’ you would have no problem getting a job. Medical or Dental, isn’t it?

csofled – Love your hugging smiley faces … just like what you need to do with ‘adult’ children; hug them a lot; but, also keep them “at arm’s length.” Smiles all the way around. While our DOS and his family live next door (but, not like in a ‘neighborhood’ where we would hear them ‘fart’ every time) … sometimes we just have to ‘ignore’ them as we might any ‘neighbor’ that live next door. But, DDnL#1 … is ‘trying’ to be careful around us. She did go see her MD and she was put on medication to ‘even out her moods’. I am so happy to see that, for her AND for our son and granddaughters. Just praying that she will ‘stay’ on it and NOT go off it, just because she is ‘feeling better’. I’d have good odds if, in a bet, about whether or not she might be ‘bipolar’ (just comparing my attitude at the same age).

YinkFed – I have the macramé hammock that my grandfather made while running the ship’s store while in the Navy. We were helping Mimi get ready for her move from where she had lived most of her married life down to my hometown to be near my Mother. I found it rolled up lying on the dirt underneath her house. I asked if I could have it. It was molded and had dry rot in 3 places. She was ready for anybody to get rid of it, she couldn't believe that 'anyone' would take that old, rotten, stinky thing. But, she also could not understand why I wanted her old "Hoosier" kitchen cabinet. I took it home, laid it out on our driveway and we pressured washed/bleached it many, many times. Then folded it up, to hide the holes and made a ‘wall hanging’ out of it. The next Christmas, I gave it to my Mother. That was a year that all of us, made our gifts instead of buying them for one another. She burst into tears and it got hung from the picture molding in the foyer of the old house I grew up in. When she passed away, it came back to me. It is hanging on our middle wall. I’ll try to post a picture of it. Everyone who comes in the house are first stuck by the 7 deer mounts and then see it hanging in the middle (well not exactly). As for the cabinet, which had been painted 'white' when they bought it to start off housekeeping. DH stripped it of the paint; and, it is built of the most beautiful 'wormy oak'. There is only one thing that did not come with it and that was the sugar bin that she took off because it kept getting ants in it and it got thrown away (probably). Our DDnL#2 would like to have it, one day. I'd rather that she and DYS get it because they would 'keep' it 'in the family' and would not sell or give it away as our DDnL#2 would, if she had the opportunity.

Carol – Hope everything works out for you. Sometimes dealing with certain things can always be a ‘challenge’. Sometimes you just have to 'stand your ground and not give in'.

Welcome to all the 'newbies'!

Lenora