New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    Athijade wrote: »
    The one thing I can't get over when it comes to Enlightened or Halo Top is the sheer PRICE of a single pint of ice cream. When you are on a tight budget $4.99 or $5.99 for so little is just out of the question.

How about $7.49? That's at the local store across the street from my house. I almost fainted when I saw that! At Target it's $5.49 here

It's all probably just supply and demand. It's true, the ingredients are probably more expensive but I can't imagine it being THAT much more expensive. I assume it's because Halo Top and Enlightened are really the only two good diet/protein ice creams out there, once more brands start flooding the market (which I'm sure they will soon, especially as larger companies notice this trend) the prices will be driven down. For the time being, they have me in their hands. Both of them. Especially during Shoprites sales of each. My freezer is no longer for food, that stays in the fridge now and requires more careful planning xD

I am lucky I am not an ice cream fan or I would be so hooked on all these ice creams you all post about LOL. QUest bars deplete my bank account enough :wink:

Hahaha to each their own obsession! XD Pancakes and ice cream are my weaknesses, whereas I never really was big on cookies, chips, or cheesecake like I see some people on other blogs go nuts over!
    As for what you've mentioned about the inconsistency with your quest bars, I really don't buy them too often but I have definitely noticed this and thought it was just me! Perhaps Quest DID change their recipe again this time though? I was in the Vitamin Shoppe last week and every single quest bar I picked up was SO SOFT and squishy, I couldn't tell if it was a warmer day and they just stocked the shelves or what! I bought one though and it stayed this soft!

Oh, by the way, speaking of Pancake stuff. NOTICED THIS ON TARGET'S CARTWHEEL APP. They better have it in the store this time!!!7cksfzb7eoyp.png

umm what!? that's not on my cartwheel app!!!

Well don't work yourself up too much because it was a clever way to get me in the store they didn't even have it! They did however have new Nitro Cold Brew Coffee which was awesome but I was too cheap to pay $5 for. I did pick up the coconut Quark though as I think that's new and it was 25% off!
    I also went to Shoprite to check for the Kodiak mixes and see if the new flavors Enlightened or Halo Top were stocked yet. Nope, nope, and nope! Found the cinnamon bun Chobani Flip though and yoplait caramel Custard you guys have mentioned before so I'm excited to finally see what all the excitement is about!pe9zl918cuju.jpg
    gd2xs5p3klav.jpg

By the way, I am VERY impressed with the new Coconut Elli Quark!!!! The Apple Pie was decent at best and I couldn't stomach the Brownie Batter much, but the Coconut is very very nice, clean, sweet, and has plenty of sweetened coconut pieces! 5/5 on this one and by far my new favorite, just miss them being 80 calories!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    31844032640_07457740e6_z.jpg?resize=550%2C546&ssl=1

Anyone try this bar?
  • hgycta
    Options
    Got both of these from Shoprite today. The chicken corn chowder bowl was delicious and very flavorful but also very expensive ($4.99) and didn't really have a lot in it, not filling at all.
    The cinnabun fun Chobani Flip was good but I think I liked the carrot cake more and honestly don't think either one is worth the calories. I guess I'm the minority in not caring for these flips but I'm glad I finally found it!
    vh5q5ypselra.jpg
    bvh8vytbkgf2.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Got both of these from Shoprite today. The chicken corn chowder bowl was delicious and very flavorful but also very expensive ($4.99) and didn't really have a lot in it, not filling at all.
    The cinnabun fun Chobani Flip was good but I think I liked the carrot cake more and honestly don't think either one is worth the calories. I guess I'm the minority in not caring for these flips but I'm glad I finally found it!

I only really care for a couple Flips, to be honest... Didn't care for that one either!

Anyone try this bar?

I've seen it but I haven't tried it yet!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Anyone try this bar?

I did I think I posted review here by maybe I forgot lol they were pretty good but not incredible not very sweet I was expecting them tonbe better
  • hgycta
    Options

Anyone try this bar?

I did I think I posted review here by maybe I forgot lol they were pretty good but not incredible not very sweet I was expecting them tonbe better

That's a shame, that sounds like such a good flavor too!
    I used to love Kashi when they had their protein bars, but they discontinued them for some reason and I miss them so much! Who else remembers them? I would love to see them bring them back one day, I was addicted!
    7h4vkua0rgi8.jpeg
    v1xai685en8a.jpeg
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses about the halo top vs enlightened- I will definitely TRY the enlightened ice cream now- as at least they are available in the won that i live in- the halo top is at least 35 miles away.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    Athijade wrote: »
    The one thing I can't get over when it comes to Enlightened or Halo Top is the sheer PRICE of a single pint of ice cream. When you are on a tight budget $4.99 or $5.99 for so little is just out of the question.

How about $7.49? That's at the local store across the street from my house. I almost fainted when I saw that! At Target it's $5.49 here

It's all probably just supply and demand. It's true, the ingredients are probably more expensive but I can't imagine it being THAT much more expensive. I assume it's because Halo Top and Enlightened are really the only two good diet/protein ice creams out there, once more brands start flooding the market (which I'm sure they will soon, especially as larger companies notice this trend) the prices will be driven down. For the time being, they have me in their hands. Both of them. Especially during Shoprites sales of each. My freezer is no longer for food, that stays in the fridge now and requires more careful planning xD

I am lucky I am not an ice cream fan or I would be so hooked on all these ice creams you all post about LOL. QUest bars deplete my bank account enough :wink:

Hahaha to each their own obsession! XD Pancakes and ice cream are my weaknesses, whereas I never really was big on cookies, chips, or cheesecake like I see some people on other blogs go nuts over!
    As for what you've mentioned about the inconsistency with your quest bars, I really don't buy them too often but I have definitely noticed this and thought it was just me! Perhaps Quest DID change their recipe again this time though? I was in the Vitamin Shoppe last week and every single quest bar I picked up was SO SOFT and squishy, I couldn't tell if it was a warmer day and they just stocked the shelves or what! I bought one though and it stayed this soft!

Oh, by the way, speaking of Pancake stuff. NOTICED THIS ON TARGET'S CARTWHEEL APP. They better have it in the store this time!!!7cksfzb7eoyp.png

umm what!? that's not on my cartwheel app!!!

Well don't work yourself up too much because it was a clever way to get me in the store they didn't even have it! They did however have new Nitro Cold Brew Coffee which was awesome but I was too cheap to pay $5 for. I did pick up the coconut Quark though as I think that's new and it was 25% off!
    I also went to Shoprite to check for the Kodiak mixes and see if the new flavors Enlightened or Halo Top were stocked yet. Nope, nope, and nope! Found the cinnamon bun Chobani Flip though and yoplait caramel Custard you guys have mentioned before so I'm excited to finally see what all the excitement is about!pe9zl918cuju.jpg
    gd2xs5p3klav.jpg

By the way, I am VERY impressed with the new Coconut Elli Quark!!!! The Apple Pie was decent at best and I couldn't stomach the Brownie Batter much, but the Coconut is very very nice, clean, sweet, and has plenty of sweetened coconut pieces! 5/5 on this one and by far my new favorite, just miss them being 80 calories!

my target didn't have the new kodiak mixes either :(
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    10g5d5vkboqd.jpg
    Not new, just new to me because they were on sale. A little dry, but super filling. Note a serving size is HALF an English muffin.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Anyone try this bar?

I used to love Kashi when they had their protein bars, but they discontinued them for some reason and I miss them so much! Who else remembers them? I would love to see them bring them back one day, I was addicted!
    7h4vkua0rgi8.jpeg
    v1xai685en8a.jpeg

OMG yes I LOVED the chocolate truffle one. They also had a caramel peanut one and I think cookies and cream I used to love.18627734000.jpg
    5df06bb8-f7a8-4cb7-9fea-e139a527db40_1.a7f4f11f860cd1bd70a62fb22814d1cd.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I also miss these quaker mini cinnamon rolls they used to make. I tried to google so many times to find them but can't find them anywhere. They were like little packs and I am pretty sure quaker brand and they were mini cinnamon rolls like each the size of a quarter and each pack had like 5. I used to warm up in the microwave they were the BEST ever.

Anyone remember luna fiber bars, those were really good too. Too bad they discontinued them.
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options

Anyone try this bar?

7h4vkua0rgi8.jpeg
    v1xai685en8a.jpeg

OMG yes I LOVED the chocolate truffle one. They also had a caramel peanut one and I think cookies and cream I used to love.18627734000.jpg
    5df06bb8-f7a8-4cb7-9fea-e139a527db40_1.a7f4f11f860cd1bd70a62fb22814d1cd.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I also miss these quaker mini cinnamon rolls they used to make. I tried to google so many times to find them but can't find them anywhere. They were like little packs and I am pretty sure quaker brand and they were mini cinnamon rolls like each the size of a quarter and each pack had like 5. I used to warm up in the microwave they were the BEST ever.

Anyone remember luna fiber bars, those were really good too. Too bad they discontinued them.

YESSS Oh man I really miss those GoLean Rolls I remember they were out when I had braces and I had to go to the dentist three times because I kept breaking off the metal brackets from them being so hard but I didn't want to give them up :')

I never heard of luna fiber bars before, but I just googled images and it kind of looks like a nutri grain bar so I don't *think* I would have liked it. But those quaker mini cinnamon rolls sounds fantastic! I'm not sure if these are similar but I used to destroy these pecan swirls as a child, they're still around although they don't have icing (you can always make icing by adding some water to powdered sugar or using Quest's powder to make a glaze for something healthier)
    n236sc0wruvs.png
  • Debmomto5
    Debmomto5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Anyone try this bar?

I tried the coconut cashew macaroon flavor and liked it :)
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop has a microwave popcorn now in a box. I believe it doesn't have the same known cancer linked ingredients that bagged popcorn does. Tried the butter flavor tonight - it's a keeper! Found at Target.

2b0dzz37c9df.jpg
  • jroth261
    Options
    Chobani now has lighter version of Flips (also found at Target). Tried this one. Just OK. I'd much rather budget the cals for the regular Flips.

a6pflt7hesiw.jpg
  • jroth261
    Options
    n236sc0wruvs.png

I live in Tastykake country. The chocolate cupcakes - SO addictive! My bf always has Tastykakes in his cupboard and I have to do my best to pretend they're not there.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Note a serving size is HALF an English muffin.

Need a dislike button for this stuff.
    jroth261 wrote: »
    Chobani now has lighter version of Flips (also found at Target). Tried this one. Just OK. I'd much rather budget the cals for the regular Flips.

a6pflt7hesiw.jpg

The two I tried were very watery and just not worth it at all.

I've never tried Tastykake and should probably not start going down that road, lol.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I get a monthly healthy foods subscription box and yesterday's box contained a few items from a small company called Wonky Kitchen:

http://wonkykitchen.com/

They sent me the kale and coconut chips and the Queso Broccoli Wafers. Both were surprisingly good, but man are they pricey if I wanted to buy them myself!

Are you talking about Urthbox? I just discovered it and can't wait to start getting healthy snacks!! :smiley: