July Walking Challenge - Bring it on!

Options

Replies

• jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Added at least 9.5 miles yesterday (zoo) and today (Holiday World) - at least that's what I have from pedometer, plus the walking around the water area at Holiday World, where I didn't have pedometer on at. Tomorrow may or may not have a lot of walking, haven't decided what we will do yet, but Wednesday, all water fun, so I will have to keep track of my walking some other way... maybe the park will have a walking distance mapped out! Up to 44 miles for the month!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    The weather is getting really hot here, making it difficult to
    walk outside. I will try tomorrow even though they say it
    is going to be in the 90's,
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'll stick around - I've been tracking my July Miles and would love a walking thread for August!!
    Met my 50lb marker today - it's so rewarding to see the payoff!!

ReNae
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tanya and I just started walking a week ago and I would love to join this group! I walk 2 miles everyday, it usually takes me about a half hour to walk that unless I am pushing my toddler in her stroller then it takes a little longer.

exercise.png
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is 100miles -

July 1 - 4.5
    July 2 - 3.0
    July 3 - 4.75
    July 4 - 1.5
    July 5- 2.0
    July 6- 2.75
    July 7 - 2.5
    July 8 - 2.5
    July 9 - 4.5
    July 10 -2.5
    July 11 - 5.0 (whoohoo!!)
    July 12 - 1.5
    July 13 - 3.5 So excited I'm actually on track to make my 100 by the end of the month!
    July 14 - 3.25
    July 15 - 2.5
    July 16 - 2.75
    July 17 - 1.0
    July 18 - 4.5
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    34 mi n. 43 sec., 1.77 miles, 3.06 mph. The boredom is starting to set in. At least it took 14 days this time instead of two. What do you all do to combat the boredom and tediousness? Tomorrow, I think I’ll take a different route for some different scenery.

Congratulations RenaeJay, a major accomplishment!

Welcome Tanya. I just joined 12 days ago. I have walked for 14 days straight. This is the longest I’ve exercised for since boot camp, 45 years ago.
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Same here CRody44. I hardly ever exercised before, I would do a little here and there but nothing daily. I think this id a good form of exercise and I don't need to join a Gym to do it. I've been walking a little over a week now doing the same route but I have'nt got bored yet. If I start getting bored, I will probably start walking to a new location.
  • pmorgan813
    Options
    CRody: I never walk the same route twice. I leave my front door and just start walking, sometimes I take the dogs and let them lead the way so that changes it up. I love checking out people's yards so I am always inspired to go a different direction to find new ones.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Tanya, I prefer the outdoors and am not a joiner so a gym doesn't interest me. Besides, being a fat old man, I don’t want to be walking on a treadmill next to some young hot body training for a marathon. : )

Pmorgan, on the weekends, when my wife walks with me (some people have to work), we take the dogs, but we have to be in charge. If I followed them, I’d spend all my time at the base of a tree, peeing.

I have been walking around the neighborhood, but I think I’ll drive down to the trail for new scenery. We have, what is known as, the Iron Horse Trail, which is a regional trail converted from an old railroad track bed that is 33 miles long, about 20 feet wide and either cement or cinders. If I pick a new starting point each time, it will be a long time before I need a change of scenery again.
  • pmorgan813
    Options
    Tanya, I prefer the outdoors and am not a joiner so a gym doesn't interest me. Besides, being a fat old man, I don’t want to be walking on a treadmill next to some young hot body training for a marathon. : )

Pmorgan, on the weekends, when my wife walks with me (some people have to work), we take the dogs, but we have to be in charge. If I followed them, I’d spend all my time at the base of a tree, peeing.

I have been walking around the neighborhood, but I think I’ll drive down to the trail for new scenery. We have, what is known as, the Iron Horse Trail, which is a regional trail converted from an old railroad track bed that is 33 miles long, about 20 feet wide and either cement or cinders. If I pick a new starting point each time, it will be a long time before I need a change of scenery again.

LOL - I have to keep my dogs in check too but their noses usually find good new smells to check out and that's how we wind up where we do.
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been very busy and away for 4 days camping, but got in quite a bit of exercise.

7/10 37 minutes walking w/family - 1.97 miles
    7/11 30 minutes walking - 2.05 miles
    7/12 No walking (other cardio)
    7/13 60 minutes walking (4.01 miles)
    7/14 Nothing
    7/15 314 minutes hiking Laramie Peak - 10.5 miles
    7/16 92 minutes walking w/family - 4.5 miles
    7/17 Nothing
    7/18 15 minutes stair climber (1.15 miles)
    7/19 68 minutes elliptical trainer (5.46 miles)

58.94 miles / 75 miles GOAL
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    4.3 miles yesterday
    5.56 miles today
  • tanya7712
    Options
    So I have been walking a little over a week every day for 2 miles (30 minutes) plus the last 3 days I started seriously watching my calories and yesturday was the first day that I did'nt walk. For some reason I got so tired after work that I just came her and past out. Took like a 2 hour nap and almost all night my stomach was hurting and even today so I did'nt even have breakfast because I am scared that I will throw it up because I have been feeling neasous too. So I am either getting some sort of stomach virus or its just my body adjusting but I still feel guilty for not walking.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Tanya, hope you feel better. I’m scared to death that something like that, or a twisted ankle, or plantar fasciitis, or whatever, is going to interfere with my walking. Knowing me, one day off will stretch into two, then three . . .

I switched routes today and didn’t find today’s walk boring. I have to remember to walk with my head up rather than looking down at my feet. I passed within feet of a flock of grazing Canada Geese.

37 min 37 seconds, 2.07 miles, 3.31 MPH, 356 calories burned, according to my HRM, quite different from what MFP says.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Its hot hot hot, did my walk this morning while it was still cool.

35 mins. walking
  • pmorgan813
    Options
    My goal for July is 100miles -

July 1 - 4.5
    July 2 - 3.0
    July 3 - 4.75
    July 4 - 1.5
    July 5- 2.0
    July 6- 2.75
    July 7 - 2.5
    July 8 - 2.5
    July 9 - 4.5
    July 10 -2.5
    July 11 - 5.0 (whoohoo!!)
    July 12 - 1.5
    July 13 - 3.5 So excited I'm actually on track to make my 100 by the end of the month!
    July 14 - 3.25
    July 15 - 2.5
    July 16 - 2.75
    July 17 - 1.0
    July 18 - 4.5
    July 19 - 4.75
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    2.2 miles doing C25K, I'm lucky my work has a free gym cause there is no way I would be walking in this heat!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i'm up to 95.7 miles, think i need to rethink my personal goal!
  • tanya7712
    Options
    CRody44, yeah your calories burned is definatly different from MFP, I like your better (LOL) I have to get myself a HRM. Once I get more into the walking thing I think I will. So I am feeling better now as far as the tireness and yummy ache but now my thighs hurt. I am starting to think I may be getting sick. We'll see what happens.

Talk soon,

Tanya
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    July 16: 2 miles
    July 17 : 1 mile
    July 19: 2.46 miles
    July 20: 2 miles

I saved them on my phone, but I didn't have a chance to enter them in the thread. Lol!!!