Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Tip- Keto flu can happen at any time regardless of how long you've been on plan. It all comes down to the electrolytes

I didn't know that! I thought it was something that happens at the beginning. Thanks for the heads up!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    BeLLe- you had a great first week! Congrats on the loss!

Pessxx - glad you are over the flu! Great loss!

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

Tip- Keto flu can happen at any time regardless of how long you've been on plan. It all comes down to the electrolytes

Now that I know about .. I will stay on top of this, moving forward.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    BeLLe- you had a great first week! Congrats on the loss!

Pessxx - glad you are over the flu! Great loss!

Thank you @fanncy0626 .. right back at you!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I love this way of eating! I know when I wake up in the morning I will either weigh the same or have lost weight! This morning I lost .8 pounds! My husband has had even greater success. It's funny, he wants to do this forever!

Mary
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Had lots of posts to catch up on. So congrats to those who had a loss, thanks for the recipes, and all the great tips and advise. The weekend was challenging for me as I over ate quit a bit even while staying in ketosis. It started out as nearing that TOM issue but later just turned into unnecessary eating. Oh well, a new week. So I will try to make this one a better one. Not sure how much of my gain is too much food vs TOM. But back on track and I did stay in ketosis but I think I still need to count my calories OR make sure to stop eating when not hungry.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- fantastic job staying in ketosis during TOM. No matter what you are burning fat! Great job!
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I didn't know that! I thought it was something that happens at the beginning. Thanks for the heads up!

Me either, good to know!

I've been straight out with work, house & dog sitting and shoveling a boat load of snow up here in the northeast. I haven't had that much time to get good structured workouts in, but my eating has been pretty decent! I too like this way of eating. I really love my bulletproof coffee for energy. There have been a few mornings I just had that as a meal! I'm planning to weigh in sometime mid week since there is no scale where I'm house sitting. My husband has really noticed a difference in my stomach and legs. One of my friends noticed my face seemed slimmer!
  • Kilika735
    Options
    OK half my post is gone. Errrr..... anyways. Question: If I go over calories by let's say 200, but my macros are good will fat loss stall? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Kristie
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Kilika735 wrote: »
    OK half my post is gone. Errrr..... anyways. Question: If I go over calories by let's say 200, but my macros are good will fat loss stall? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Kristie

Great NSV on the comment from your husband and friend! For the above question the fat loss depends on your daily activity and amount of calories burned that day. Take in too many calories and that could eventually lead to stored fat. The article can explain it better!

http://www.ruled.me/counting-calories-on-ketogenic-diet/

Mary
  • Kilika735
    Options

Kristie

Great NSV on the comment from your husband and friend! For the above question the fat loss depends on your daily activity and amount of calories burned that day. Take in too many calories and that could eventually lead to stored fat. The article can explain it better!

Mary

Thanks Mary! Do you use the caloric requirements recommend by mfp or another source? Currently mine are set from a tdee calculation minus 15%.

Kristie
  • fanncy0626
    Options

Kristie

Mary

Thanks Mary! Do you use the caloric requirements recommend by mfp or another source? Currently mine are set from a tdee calculation minus 15%.

Kristie

Right now just MFP because I'm doing a Keto diet and it is very satisfying and the 1200 mark is a lot of that type of food rich in fat. Your way is good too. More accurate.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kilika- thanks for the recipe! I love pizza!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Today is one of those days we tend to celebrate with food....if you're going out to dinner, skip the breaded things, Think protein first...Chicken, Steak, Fish are all good choices...broiled, or grilled.....veggies...usually those limp mixed veggies that are more for garnishment....ask for extra blue cheese dressing or oil and vinegar or butter to slather on both the meats and vegetables. Substitute a salad for the potatoe or rice....

Cooking tonight ? Same rules apply....I love wrapping green beans with bacon and cook in oven while grilling a steak. Pair with a salad, or loaded " riced" cauliflower....( cheese, hwc, garlic, chives, cream cheese) tastes like special mash potatoes.

Keto-ize cheese cake using Swerve sweetener. Or make ice cream, or cake in a mug - all can be keto ized....Pinterest or google the dessert, just put Keto in front of it in the search bar.

Enjoy the day...not only is it fun for couples and families, but I love to surprise people ( especially ones that may have lost someone dear to them in the past year ) or the single young intern, or the grumpy boss with a single flower, or funny something from the dollar store....key is to do with out them knowing who did it!! ❣
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3 Happy Valentine's Day <3

Today is a very challenging day for most everybody! As you have probably in the past not had to think about eating or not eating sweets today. pwrfl1 has given many helpful hints as to what to eat for a very healthy keto diet! There have also been great recipes shared on here for a fantastic Valentine dinner and dessert! The Portabella pizza or cauliflower pizza would be a lovers feast! Can you imagine sitting down and sharing the cup of chocolate cake with your special someone! Thank you everybody for all of your support!

Mary
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day .. to you both!! <3<3

I just got in.. after a denist appt. and 3 hours of grocery shopping. I hit all the major stores in our area to shop the sales. Got some goodies.. aspargus, blue cheese, seeds, portabella mushrooms and marinara sauce for the above recipe ^

Today is a no log in day.. but the jeans I haven't worn in 2- 3 weeks. I put on are big/loose now.. especially in the hip, zipper area. I rather see this than the lbs gone.. any day of the week. :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    BeLLe that is a fantastic NSV! Your dinner sounds delicious!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    BeLLe that is a fantastic NSV! Your dinner sounds delicious!

Thanks Mary... we don't really celebrate VD ..as our anniversary is so close too. So we are having leftovers tonight. :) Yayyy!