New You by the New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Today is waterdown Wednesday? I bought a Deerpark water bottle that holds 101.4fl Oz. Lets see how many i can drink today
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Any ideas for tomorrows challenge?
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I will have my bf % in by the end of the weekend. :smile:
  • wvualum
    Options
    Update:
    Still need BF% from Lauren (dipsl19), catlewjones23, Kedia (MsBrwnsugga), and Nikki (snobuni8) from Team Thin It to Win It.

Still need BF% from Denise (154by54), and need intro, weightloss goal and bf% from Ohfong from Team Abnehmen. Maybe you can send a little encouragement ohfong's way Team Abnehmen.

Still need BF% from Sam (wilbailey3), Tracey (insanely), and Jennifer (xbabigrl72) from Team Weightloss Warrior Princesses.

It's Wednesday! DRINK DRINK DRINK.
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    Team 3's name is Weight Loss Warrior Princesses (WLWP)
  • insanely
    insanely Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds good, still have to figure out my BF, only have a computer at work right now

so can only log on during breaks,lunch
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Challenge idea:

Thirty Thursday!

1. Take your resting heart rate before you get out of bed in the morning. Find your pulse. Watch the clock for *30* seconds while you count the beats. Then double the number and that's your resting heart rate. (If we do it every weekly it'll be a good indicator for improving health.)

2. Do a "new" exercise for 30 minutes. New can be entirely new, or it can mean doing an old favorite in a new way or at a new intensity.
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Update:
    Still need BF% from Lauren (dipsl19), catlewjones23, Kedia (MsBrwnsugga), and Nikki (snobuni8) from Team Thin It to Win It.

Still need BF% from Denise (154by54), and need intro, weightloss goal and bf% from Ohfong from Team Abnehmen. Maybe you can send a little encouragement ohfong's way Team Abnehmen.

Still need BF% from Sam (wilbailey3), Tracey (insanely), and Jennifer (xbabigrl72) from Team Weightloss Warrior Princesses.

It's Wednesday! DRINK DRINK DRINK.

I will get mine in... I just have to find a measuring tape first! I can tell you though.. its going be a LARGE number.. uggg... can't wait to watch it go down!
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Challenge idea:

Thirty Thursday!

1. Take your resting heart rate before you get out of bed in the morning. Find your pulse. Watch the clock for *30* seconds while you count the beats. Then double the number and that's your resting heart rate. (If we do it every weekly it'll be a good indicator for improving health.)

2. Do a "new" exercise for 30 minutes. New can be entirely new, or it can mean doing an old favorite in a new way or at a new intensity.

My resting heart rate is 68,,, going to start Power 90 tonight. Its supposed to be the pre-curser to p90x. I heard it is less intense and only 20-30 min workouts instead of the 60 min p90x. hopefully i won't give up as fast on this one then i will be "in shape" enough to p90x in a few months.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    I was thinking for our challenge on thursday or friday

1) Everyone has to burn a minimum of 500 calories for the day
    2) Stay in your calories intake goal for the day
    3) Drink a minimum of 10 glass of water
    4)Then by the end of the day we all post how many calories we burn and your team name
    5) Lorie then add up the calories burn by each team member
    6) The team with the most calories burn all together, WINS the day challenge and gets bragging rights for the day

And no cheating cause you will only be cheating yourself and your team
    Good luck to everyone :-)
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    My body fat % is 27.9 (a LOT lower than I would expect...) and I need 133 oz or 4 liters of water.

edit: And according to the chart, there is NO way I can be at a healthy fat %.... When I was 190 in the 8th grade, my body fat was 35%.... I'm so confused.

How much do you weigh now?

Right now I weigh 222
  • BigDave1050
    Options

4)Then by the end of the day we all post how many calories we burn and your team name
    6) The team with the most calories burn all together, WINS the day challenge and gets bragging rights for the day

Sounds good to me
  • wvualum
    Options

I really like 2 for tomorrow. I think alot of us have trouble with that.

How about a team calories burned for the weekend. without a minimum though, I'm afraid that some may not be able to do that much exercise safely at this point. Plus then the winners get bragging rights for the whole week!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthyWoman/popup?id=790241

Check out this little article. Interesting... it's about fidgeting, and how being fidgety can burn 340 calories a day! For a "heavier person" (didn't quantify) you could lose 40 lbs a year, so that's almost 20 by the new year! Do I feel a Fidgety Friday coming on????
  • BigDave1050
    Options

How about a team calories burned for the weekend. without a minimum though, I'm afraid that some may not be able to do that much exercise safely at this point. Plus then the winners get bragging rights for the whole week!

#2 works for me tomorrow.

I'll be burning calories galore this weekend hiking at Chimney Rock. Check out the link below:

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Ciarn! I am in!!
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    got my workout intoday....doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

working on getting calories in for the day....I tend to go under calories and as mfp has me at 1200 calories/day I cant afford to go under

question: does each team have their own sub board to post in specifically
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    So team 2, do we have a name yet??? And I'm at 64 oz of water so far today
  • wvualum
    Options
    Team 2 is Team Abnehmen (German for weight loss)

gretchen, no this is the one central board for all the teams.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthyWoman/popup?id=790241

Check out this little article. Interesting... it's about fidgeting, and how being fidgety can burn 340 calories a day! For a "heavier person" (didn't quantify) you could lose 40 lbs a year, so that's almost 20 by the new year! Do I feel a Fidgety Friday coming on????

I think thats a good idea to just do #2 challenge and then do the weekend burn :-)
    Team "THIN IT TO WIN IT" lets win the weekend challenge!!!!
  • wvualum
    Options

#2 works for me tomorrow.

I'll be burning calories galore this weekend hiking at Chimney Rock. Check out the link below:

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

Looks like where I am from. Very pretty. Looks like a lot of calories are going to be burnt too. Too bad you're on Team Abnehman and not Team Thin It to Win It!!! :wink: