Tonight I had the dumbest conversation with target staff

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
So my local target sell a select few items that are gluten free, which was a wonderful find for us. It's very limited but we love the selection (isis pizzas, breakfast sandwiches, applegate gluten free chicken fingers etc).

So tonight we are there and I grab a whole bunch of udis breakfast sandwiches. I wasn't really paying attention to the date on them. My sister wife goes.... those expired last April. I was like what?!? So I look and sure enough the expiration date was 4/2016. I was like, that can't right, maybe that is the manufacture date, but nope it was the expiration date.

So we calmly bring them to the register and tell the cashier they are expired, and here is where the fun begins lol. Her response was-no they expire thisbup coming April. Uhhhh no, we are in 2017 not 2016. She continued to
Assert that they don't expire for another 2 months. Finally I politely ask if she can page a supervisor while ringing everything else up (so people wouldn't be held up). Manager comes, I explain the situation. Her response "oh no... gluten free just means the product doesn't expire". Wait, what?!? We gave up after that and literally laughed the entire way home.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...wait, you're serious?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hahaha...wait, you're serious?

I thought they were joking as well, but nope-they were serious.
  • daddyspuddin
    daddyspuddin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Something being past its Sell By date doesn't mean it has gone bad.

It was chicken and egg not dried spices and stuff.
    No way I'd eat it and I have no problem eating ood dried products.