WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I too let my hair go "platinum" a couple of years ago. I felt that I was frying my brain with all the dye I was using and just couldn't justify the expense. I love the word "platinum" sounds so rich compared to grey.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sue, I am very proud to be an alto. I love, love, love harmony. If I had any kind of opportunity to be in any kind of choir I would jump at the chance. I don't think I would like barbershop type music though. The harmony is to tight. But pop show tune, madrigal, religious, any kind of choir, I LOVE. Go for it!!!! Through our church we have had the opportunity to be in choirs that are a collaboration of all the local Southern Baptist churches and one time when we had a evangelist come to town for a week and preached in our local big stadium, we had all the churches in town participate. That was the largest choir I have been in. When I was in high school, each high school in the area sent a soprano, alto, tenor and bass and we had a large choir of several hundred. Even though I was just a sophomore, I was chosen as the alto!!!!!! That was when I learned how to snap my fingers for one of the songs. Can you tell I love to sing!!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks for telling me the name of the horrible machine. Funny, I never would have thought "chair" was any part of its name. Unless maybe it was "torture chair." LOL.
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Planted some of my tulip bulbs in a pot and set it by the window. They have sprouted, so when they bloom, will post picture. Couldn't wait for the snow to disappear. Thinking I may plant of bunch more in pots, but stagger the plantings so I have them blooming right up until the time I can plant outside.

Hugs to all. Take care
    Paula Y
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Music is therapy for me. When I want to unwind I try to get either to a local medical bldg that has a baby grand piano, and I play for an hour. Or I head over to a walking path, if its nice weather, and as I am facing Youngs Bay, I sing the opera songs I know. My momma and grandmothers listen, I think. I sing most every month at the senior luncheon I volunteer serving at. Once then I had finished singing an Italian aria, a lady asked, I couldn't understand anything you were singing! Too cute.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sue - Glad you all had some sun this afternoon. My daughter also lives in Parker, she told me it took her 2 1/2 hours to drive home, normally a 30 minute drive. She's been working 11-12 hour days six days a week so the drive was a killer. Seems so weird when we had 87 degrees today.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rori - I'm excited too. BTW, just a warning I talk fast lol

Janetr OKC
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have been chasing the ever growing posts all week - finally only three pages left to go! Yay!
    Lenora - what a great loss!
    RE: You are getting so close to Onederland!
    Carol - does this trip have something to do with the problem you give mulling over?
    Karen - Thank heaven for NICUs and the wonderful people who work in there. It must be so hard to see all those very sick babies. I pray that Olivia continues to thrive.

I'll find out tomorrow if DGS#1 has his homework caught up or not. He says he does but I've heard that before!
    Gonna get off so I can finish reading and head off to LaLa Land. Hooray for Friday!!!

Gloria in WA where we had rain, hail, snow. and sun all in one day <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Peach: Thanks for your good wishes for my horse time. It was great. More later. :flowerforyou:

jolenec: I have always let MFP set my calorie goals. They started me at a higher calorie level and reduced my allowed calories as I lost weight. It wasn't speedy, but it worked very well and I'm lots happier and healthier now. When I work hard at the gym I am sometimes a little sore the next day. Light exercise such as gentle stretching or walking usually fixes the soreness easily and quickly. You may be going at it too hard for your present level of fitness. I follow a harder day/easier day plan that seems to keep me from being too sore. A little sore is okay, but painfully sore may mean you're doing something wrong. Is there a professional trainer at the gym who can help you set up a routine that works for you? :huh:

Becca: I've switched to glycerin soap. It is very mild. You might like it, too. The brand I get is Nutrogena. In my younger life when I had acne, I tried this soap or a product like it. It didn't solve my problems back then. Now it works perfectly and it doesn't irritate my skin. :wink:

Barbie: I hope the x-ray for Sasha gives results that lead to a solution for her leg problem. Sending good thoughts for both of you. :heart:

Sarah in Ontario: Congratulations on your victory at work. Creating a better relationship with a coworker can be a challenge, but is worth the effort. WTG!!! :star::star::star:

Sue in WA: Arabs are inherently beautiful. Your description of her as a "valley girl" has me smiling & imagining her tossing her mane and strutting her stuff for the drab girls in the neighborhood. :wink:

Rori: JanetR is a lucky woman. I hope you two have a great time together. :smley:

Marni: I love the photos of the native jewelry. Love the deer, too. I thought they were elk at first glance but they seem way too small to be elk. :flowerforyou:

I had a great time with Arrow & he was a good boy for me today. I didn't try to ride. I practiced my skill at lunging. I stood in the middle of the arena with him on a long lead or lunge line. He moved in a circle around me at my direction. I sped him up, slowed him down, and had him change gaits and directions. It is a good way for him to get some exercise and practice doing as he's told, and for me to learn how to ask for what I want, and move his feet. Arrow has not always been predictable but he is getting better with more frequent handling and consistent training between all of the people who work with him. There are three of us as far as I know: his owner, his trainer (who is my teacher), & me. Of the three, I have the least skill and experience but he was a cooperative and willing boy today & I had a great time. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Early work day tomorrow. We are off to Kindersley, Saskatchewan for the weekend. Larry's youngest brother is not doing well. No word from Lloydminster as to when his MRI will happen. He is very skinny and getting more so every day. I hope they figure out what is wrong with him soon. Larry's oldest brother called and said he has another hernia and is meeting with the surgeon tomorrow.

Jheri baked cookies for my bake sale. I am not at a place where I can trust myself to bake very much. She made sugar cookies in the shape of puzzle pieces and frosted them blue. Our autism fund raising starts on Friday. She is such a good daughter.

My sister shoved $4 in my pocket today and demanded that we deliver some cookies to her. I explained that the bake sale is also a store activity. Jheri is dropping the cookies at the store and I am leaving right away for Sask. Might have to do a refund. I know she is really not going to like not getting her own way.

Hugs and prayers to all that need them.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    2 more pages but tomorrow it will still be here - night all!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept well and have the weekend off... working 9-5 today have the weekend off..
    about gray hair.. I will be 57 this year and I havent colored my hair in about 3-4 years.. I have salt and pepper hair..but it looks good,my dad didnt start getting gray until his 70s and my mom had salt and pepper that looked good to. at least I got a good genetic out of that.
    Don't have to watch Faith tomorrow as Jean has the weekend off. they are taking her down to Gaylord for a 7 hr neuro exam. her alzheimer's is getting worse and they need the results for the trust and for her primary Dr to know how to treat the advancement of the disease.
    Taking my dad to my uncles condo on Sunday..Taliah is taking double G(great grandpa)to special persons day tonight. they are having dinner and dancing, and Tal said I plan on making some awesome memories for Double G.. how sweet....
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Weather here has calmed down Storm Doris has gone on her merry way, it's cold but the sun is shining.

Been to the gym 15 mins each on bike, rower and treadmill plus a round on the weight machines (slowly increasing weight on those)

Re grey hair don't know what mine is like as I get it coloured as soon as roots are showing, I go to the hairdresser every week and I'm not sure I could style my own now. My hair seems to benefit from the process as it always has better condition after the colour is done

Off to town shopping will check in later

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Doing a bit of tidying for our buyer. So annoying to have to show again. :| It takes a day out of our week.

Will get a bit of shopping done this afternoon when we have to clear out. I like visiting the fresh fish shop and stocking up on fish and squid. It's a pity our local town doesn't have a good baker. The quality of ours is poor. In Hove the bakeries are amazing! :D There is one baker a short drive away, but we don't often get there.

Got a bit of pruning to do outside. Sunny day and the daffodils are out.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. The sky is bright with the rising sun and we are to reach 70 degrees today! In February! We had only one 'good' snow and not many days of cold weather. Although winter is my least favorite season, at least many of my allergens are 'killed off' in the cold. Not this year. Spring will be brutal on my breathing!

Question abt the gray hair- what did you do with your eyebrows? Mine have always been black, while my natural hair color is dark brown. Not too bad a difference. But if I let my gray take over, I think it will look 'off'. I was seriously considering the $ savings when I thought of that.
    Am looking for an app that will allow me to play with how different colors and styles look on my picture (or find a stylist who has that computer program- I don't think my friend has that at her shop, but I'll ask her first)

queene in PA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Edo14
    Edo14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm still learning to navigate MFP and all that it has to offer, seems I'm on the computer more doing this then on FB now, which is a good thing but still funny! :) have a great day everyone!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Weather has been unseasonably warm here in Ct, 50 and 60sso pine are pollinating and I can hardly see to type. Allergy season has hit!

Rita from CT