Replies

• thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    thedcubed1 wrote: »

I honestly don't know what the intended use is for...it's not like I have a trophy room or anything!

Quite obviously it is because everyone deserves a participation trophy. Wouldn't want anyone to realize they didn't actually win

And it gives them an excuse to charge some of the ridiculous fees that come with these events...like WHY am I paying to run???

I think that every time that the money isn't going directly to charity. It makes me feel somewhat foolish

Maybe I need to do more charity runs...wait no...see..that's how they get us non-runners to run more!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I keep going to a Foam Glow 5k page and wanting sign up but chickening out. It's in August and I'm scared that's still not enough time.

Usually things like a Color Run are more for fun that time. I have done several of these with people who can't run a full 5K and we walk part of it and it is still a blast. I don't know how all of them work, but the fun of the Color Run is the party afterwards. I would imagine a Foam Glow is similar. I want to do something like that this year

It's a night run and looks so much fun.

Do it! Really! You won't regret it. If you have to walk some of it or the whole thing it will still be fun and will give you motivation for next year

http://www.mgoblue.com/bighouse5k/

qug2zz8trpxp.jpg
  • thedcubed1
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »

I honestly don't know what the intended use is for...it's not like I have a trophy room or anything!

Quite obviously it is because everyone deserves a participation trophy. Wouldn't want anyone to realize they didn't actually win

And it gives them an excuse to charge some of the ridiculous fees that come with these events...like WHY am I paying to run???

we know why...to add to your trophy room collection...there is no other reason

I told you it's not a trophy room! It's my Sentiment & Memories room..

I fear what else might be stored in there....

It's mostly just metal and straps...hence why you can use them as mirrors!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I just ate 2 small York Peppermint patties, and felt NO SHAME!!!
  • thedcubed1
    Options
    I confess I turned down a coworker's extra cookie and really wish I had taken it
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I confess I turned down a coworker's extra cookie and really wish I had taken it

you can have my cookie, Z :lol:
  • thedcubed1
    Options

you can have my cookie, Z :lol:

Why must you tease? :tongue: :lol:
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options

I have 6 Icelandic cream puffs. You can have them, I'm done today.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I confess I didn't leave room in my calories for the shamrock shake my husband is bringing me... so now I can't make excuses and have to get a good workout in.
  • thedcubed1
    Options
    I confess I tried the shamrock shake years ago and thought it tasted kinda gross...it was during a string of milkshake fails including the Chick Fil A banana pudding milkshake.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I keep going to a Foam Glow 5k page and wanting sign up but chickening out. It's in August and I'm scared that's still not enough time.

Usually things like a Color Run are more for fun that time. I have done several of these with people who can't run a full 5K and we walk part of it and it is still a blast. I don't know how all of them work, but the fun of the Color Run is the party afterwards. I would imagine a Foam Glow is similar. I want to do something like that this year

Do it! Really! You won't regret it. If you have to walk some of it or the whole thing it will still be fun and will give you motivation for next year

qug2zz8trpxp.jpg

Double NO, And leave with a M go BLOW. >:)
  • Gimsteinn
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I confess that I'm thinking about skipping an already paid for trip to the UK so I can do the third open wod twice here in Iceland instead of just once in the UK.

And I confess that I need a regular coach, just 1.. not the 10 I have. Cause next year, I wanna compete for real in the Open and go to regionals and I need a game plan cause I have no idea what I'm doing, I haven't a clue about how I got here and I sure as *kitten* don't know why it's going so well and I'm super surprised by it.
  • thedcubed1
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »

we know why...to add to your trophy room collection...there is no other reason

I told you it's not a trophy room! It's my Sentiment & Memories room..

I fear what else might be stored in there....

It's mostly just metal and straps...hence why you can use them as mirrors!

How many people and how do I become one?

I don't know what you mean :tongue:
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

qug2zz8trpxp.jpg

Double NO, And leave with a M go BLOW. >:)

Sheesh. A simple no would have sufficed. And I am pretty sure he wasn't asking you anyway! :D

Sorry, but anything associate with UM has to put in its place and quickly. :D
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    738i48tls5dg.png

I'm just gonna leave this right here and walk away....

What if they forgot the cherry?
  • TheLonelyGod
    TheLonelyGod Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat any canned food straight from the tin cold rather than hot.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I confess @km8907 has me curious about those darn Shamrock shakes. I may be a rebel and grab one on my way home from work.

It was delicious. 0/10 regrets given. I only have 1 a year so they better make it right!
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    738i48tls5dg.png

I'm just gonna leave this right here and walk away....

Damn was gonna try this when I go to the UK.. If I go.. Still not decided.. But now I'm definitely not trying it