Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options

Wow Sara--London! I have never been there. Would like to go someday, but that would mean sailing across and back, which would be so cool, but expensive. Must get a piggy bank.

Well, the play was not my cup of tea at all. Tons of empty seats on a Sunday afternoon.

The promo blurb was more interesting than the subject and the acting. I left during intermission because it was depressing, and I don't need that now. Somehow I thought it was going to be mysterious and intriguing, but instead it was post-apocalyptic (blech) and......well, I left.

Much happier here at home, warm and safe, with a fresh cup of decaf espresso roast coffee!

Time to go track the snack I had before the show.

*putting both pickles and onion on the shopping list*

Lana

Today: 242.0 not really; I haven't weighed myself in two days.
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Non-scale victories this weekend include: Day 5 of no pop! Took a 1.4 mile walk with the dog today (63 degrees in central MN on March 5th means you get outside!) Made choice to have roasted brussels sprouts rather than baked beans with our grilled hamburgers tonight.

Disappointments: Scale went up today in spite of my good choices. Broke down and had a shamrock shake today. Probably still eating too many carbs. I would have been okay today if I had skipped that darn shake!

Lana - good job at getting back to tracking!

Planning eggs for breakfast, chicken and asian salad for lunches this week, and a variety of suppers. (DH is on spring break this week, so he has time to cook!) Snacks will be cucumber slices, string cheese, and greek yogurt.

Have a good evening!

Annie

Today: 157.4 lbs
    All time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Cheeseburger casserole from Skinnytaste.com is a success - those with small children they will enjoy it. All the flavors of a cheeseburger but without the bread (it does call for pasta). I made half recipe so 3 dinners on tap fo the week. Also cooked sweet potatoes at same time.

Annie - it is the small efforts that you make that add up. I do not know - is a shamrock shake mint flavored or just green? I have never had one - or I dont remember....

I will enjoy having 2 day weekends - 25th is dog apt day so no overtime, so soon enough.....

Did not realize I did not have clean work pants!! Spilled pickle juice down the front of me trying to open new pickle jar.... My response was I could smell worse!

Will be in hammock with dog - took a couple of phone pictures while I was waiting to take picture of casserole for Manager - her son wont eat it, but I took a picture anyway.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Forgot to comment about the pop/soda debate....I live in MN and it is called pop here.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My scale constantly goes up and down no matter what i do. I have to ignore 3 pound day to day changes and look at the overall trend.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale down 1.2 since last week. Nice change. No granola for yogurt is part of it and TOM is going away (new gyn procedure makes first couple of months weird cycle-wise, but long term goal is worth it).

Oatmeal is ready, wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.

WW original weigh in -187
    Lowest seen on scale since started WW 159
    Today- 166.4
    Goal- upper 130's
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara~~
    bthsuoz46m2z.gif
    That is a great weigh in!

Lana, waving to everyone who stops by today~~

Today: 241.4
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    This isn't your first rodeo with losing weight is it? That's fine, this group is full of people who have been around more than once, the difference is we're committing to ourselves to make this our last journey with losing weight.

Anyone can stop in ask questions, answer questions, or just check in. We are here to support each other, encourage each other, and help each other out on this journey.

We are a group from Weight Watchers who wants to continue this thread, but as Weight Watchers is deleting their boards, we are starting here.

WW got rid of their message boards?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Perkymommy - they changed their message board so it uses Instagram only.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Monday

Sara!!! That is a fantastic WI. Congratulations!

I'm plugging along today. Realized DH did not buy a low-sugar greek yogurt for my snacks this week. At least he only bought 2. Should be okay. Scale barely budged a little lower this morning. Hoping to see a bigger change in the near future!

Back/leg feeling surprisingly good after yesterday's walk. Hoping to maybe get on the treadmill tonight (depending on DD's homework). I actually miss my walks! Also hoping to start some light arm weights and pushups. I have been slacking on my PT and am wondering if that is why I'm feeling better? Could the PT have actually been aggravating things? Hmmmm....

Better get some work done. Will lurk from work.

Annie

Today's weight: 157.2
    All time high: 177.8
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Annie - PT might aggravate things, but dont slack on your PT.

Dinner done, had salad as Teriyaki Chicken was the special at work.

Another 12 preemie hats packed and ready to go. Will knit and watch dvd for rest of night.

Wishing all a wonderful evening.
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am subbing to this thread because this is definitely not my first time starting!
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Perkymommy - they changed their message board so it uses Instagram only.

How odd... Or maybe I'm just behind the times...

I met my protein, fruit & veg, calorie, and exercise goals today! And i took the community center weight room orientation, so i can now use their equipment whenever i want. (And it's free this year :open_mouth: )
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Wide turn - welcome! If I can see the photo correctly -you have a dog, many of us have dogs. Let us know about yours.... stop by and post often.

Earthnut - my take on WW was that Instagram was cheaper to maintain and kept people without the technology out and they would filter out bad posters...... Just made our message board impossible, so we moved.

Oatmeal is almost done, second bag of preemie hats I knitted are ready to go. I wait until I have 12 - dont know why. Knitting 2nd scarf and still working on chemotherapy hats. Those will be sent out in 3 or 4 each (larger).

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday

Welcome Wide Turn and Earthnut!

Scale is going in the right direction! Now to stick with the plan and keep it going! Walked on the treadmill last night very slowly for 1 mile and it did not feel good. Not sure why. Back/leg acted up. But I walked faster outside on Sunday and on hills, no less, and did not get that irritation. Deep tissue massage after work today to help work out the kinks in both my neck and lower body.

Day 7 of no pop! Good plan for the day.

Thunderstorms yesterday and snow overnight. Minnesota has the craziest weather!

Enjoy your day. Will BBL!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - sometimes the treadmill is too hard of a surface, can you walk around your block, your house even? good for you on the day 7 B)
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sara - The weather just isn't great for walking outside right now. I told my husband I have to find a place where I can walk indoors - a place with a track of some kind? I could possibly walk at the mall but then you're dodging people. When the weather improves, I'll definitely be outside walking. My physical therapist had suggested an elliptical trainer but I tried some of those and that made everything hurt! So, no go there.

Forgot to record stats for today:

Today's weight: 155.8
    All-time high: 177.8
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What a scary night! Tornados everywhere...we were very fortunate and didn't hit here.. my friend had one close to her... she was safe, her friends lost their houses... so sad...

Hope everyone is well here!
    Have a good day
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, glad you are okay and your friends are too losing a home is hard, injury is worse. Stay safe.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Just have to pop in and share my excitement. My DD is a 7th grader. She has ADHD, difficulty reading, some developmental delay, etc. She has unique challenges and has to work hard in school to get decent grades. We have to push her a lot. (It's not very pleasant at our house during homework time.) She also has a very sweet personality. She accepts everyone as they are. She is not put off by people with disabilities. She calls everyone her friend. She gives all of her teachers hugs every day.

She texted me this afternoon that she was chosen as one of the Students of the Month at her school! I am one proud momma!