Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Out of topic but where do people get the idea of aliens? Where did the idea of them having a big round head with bulbous eyes and where did we get the idea/imagination of God, people with wings, spaceship etc it has to stem up from somewhere past lives maybe or maybe from the annunakis?

The idea for God makes sense that people attributed things they didn't understand to something magical and powerful that was both destructive and protective. Clouds, rain, lightening, etc. Bad things seen as punishment. Good as being saved. It's normal for children to think that way about parents. God is like an imaginary parent to punish bad things and provide comfort when a person is afraid and suffering. People can hallucinate when they are under extreme distress (like war or torture). Parents tell stories to encourage children to behave. It's comfort for dealing with the fear of death and punishment to try and control behavior or even to label something as bad when it isn't actually bad (like sex).

My point of it was maybe we all have a soulmate maybe we were made in pairs when we die our souls/subconscious gets reincarnated/recycled to a different body with no recollection of the past maybe that's where all these ideas comes from and every now and then we get to cross paths with our other half idk it's just a thought I know it's sounds like a fairytale or silly figured I'll throw it out there

I don't think its silly. Thats why I put the link to this movie "Cloud Atlas" in my earlier post. And quite a few people believe this to be true.

So the part you were asking about aliens.... Don't laugh but. When I was a really little kid about 5 years old. I had a dream one night. It wasn't a scarey dream.
    The dream was.... the light bulb people (heads that looked like big light bulbs with funny looking eyes)
    They took my brother and I to the beach. Then into the ocean. Then into a underwater cave. Even though we were under water, we had no problem with breathing. We were just fine without air to breathe. Laying on a table under the water in the cave. We weren't really in any fear either. I can't remember the rest. Thats all I can remember of the dream. Why did I have this dream? Why do I still remember it 45 years later? I never heard of aliens at that age. But when I hear of some peoples alien encounters I kinda laugh. And then I see their pictures of what their alien looked like. Then I think, that looks alot like the lightbulb people from my dream when I was a kid.

Some people mistake near death experiences, as being dreams; which is why you might be able to still remember it. People of all ages, do die; in their sleep. I believe that you were able, to breathe underwater because you ceased breathing, while sleeping & thus that would've caused your death, if you didn't exit; the dream.

My Mother has a dream frequently, in which she's climbing the stairs; to heaven but turns around & begins walking down them, then awakens.

I've had dreams, in which I am falling but then awaken before, I crash land.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "soulmates", in fact I despise that term. I also hate the "you complete me" phrase. UGH...so corny.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I don't believe in "soulmates", in fact I despise that term. I also hate the "you complete me" phrase. UGH...so corny.

but @J_Surita3 I think we are wine soulmates and could compete each others' sentences when we've had a few...bottles
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

but @J_Surita3 I think we are wine soulmates and could compete each others' sentences when we've had a few...bottles

Well there is that. Good point chica. ;)
  • Hunter_Killer
    Hunter_Killer Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I believe so. I have thought i have found mine a few times but it just wasn't to be though. Still searching...
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I think soul mates are a real thing, and don't have to be your husband or wife. I've had a few in my life. My first was my best friend...we knew within moments that our friendship would last forever, and it did, until she died two years ago, and took a huge piece of me with her. I've never met another friend like her in my 47 years on this planet. <3

My second one is my honey. We never got married, but we have been living in sin for 23 crazy years. We feel each other's feelings, read each others minds, without even realizing we're doing it. He's got my back, and I've got his, always. In 23 years, it hasn't always been perfect, there have been a few rough patches. But I wouldn't change a thing, and wouldn't have ever wished it to have been with anyone else. <3

The last one is my 7 year old granddaughter. Without knowing it was going to happen, her heart and mine bonded in such a way that will stay with us forever. I wake up thinking about her, and go to sleep thinking about her. She's my "little love". <3

Maybe I'll meet another person who becomes another soul mate, but if I don't, these three people are in my head and heart forever, their souls melded to my soul.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Woah. Thats interesting. Thank you @DeficitDuchess.

Your welcome!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Awww @JustMissTracy that's sweet

I think we often confuse romantic love with this sort of thing. I suppose my brother is my soulmate since we've always been really close.

I've had two husbands and I'd never describe either as a soulmate.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Out of topic but where do people get the idea of aliens? Where did the idea of them having a big round head with bulbous eyes and where did we get the idea/imagination of God, people with wings, spaceship etc it has to stem up from somewhere past lives maybe or maybe from the annunakis?

The idea for God makes sense that people attributed things they didn't understand to something magical and powerful that was both destructive and protective. Clouds, rain, lightening, etc. Bad things seen as punishment. Good as being saved. It's normal for children to think that way about parents. God is like an imaginary parent to punish bad things and provide comfort when a person is afraid and suffering. People can hallucinate when they are under extreme distress (like war or torture). Parents tell stories to encourage children to behave. It's comfort for dealing with the fear of death and punishment to try and control behavior or even to label something as bad when it isn't actually bad (like sex).

My point of it was maybe we all have a soulmate maybe we were made in pairs when we die our souls/subconscious gets reincarnated/recycled to a different body with no recollection of the past maybe that's where all these ideas comes from and every now and then we get to cross paths with our other half idk it's just a thought I know it's sounds like a fairytale or silly figured I'll throw it out there

I don't think its silly. Thats why I put the link to this movie "Cloud Atlas" in my earlier post. And quite a few people believe this to be true.

So the part you were asking about aliens.... Don't laugh but. When I was a really little kid about 5 years old. I had a dream one night. It wasn't a scarey dream.
    The dream was.... the light bulb people (heads that looked like big light bulbs with funny looking eyes)
    They took my brother and I to the beach. Then into the ocean. Then into a underwater cave. Even though we were under water, we had no problem with breathing. We were just fine without air to breathe. Laying on a table under the water in the cave. We weren't really in any fear either. I can't remember the rest. Thats all I can remember of the dream. Why did I have this dream? Why do I still remember it 45 years later? I never heard of aliens at that age. But when I hear of some peoples alien encounters I kinda laugh. And then I see their pictures of what their alien looked like. Then I think, that looks alot like the lightbulb people from my dream when I was a kid.

Some people mistake near death experiences, as being dreams; which is why you might be able to still remember it. People of all ages, do die; in their sleep. I believe that you were able, to breathe underwater because you ceased breathing, while sleeping & thus that would've caused your death, if you didn't exit; the dream.

My Mother has a dream frequently, in which she's climbing the stairs; to heaven but turns around & begins walking down them, then awakens.

I've had dreams, in which I am falling but then awaken before, I crash land.

There is a term for this. Pressure on certain parts of the brain results in the same dream for everyone and I think it's linked to disturbed REM? . There is a very vivid dream where you are paralysed and assaulted by a demon/alien and scientists have replicated it in sleep subjects by stimulating certain areas of the brain.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
  • StayNParis
    StayNParis Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Soulmate? nah. However I have found a certain someone 'perfect for me'. With the exception of location, that is an issue. grumble
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Two friends of mine, together since high school ('90) 3 kids later and now getting divorced. Many times on FB, they've claimed to be soulmates.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    Anyone have divorce rate statistics for soulmates?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in soulmates. The older I get, the more I find the idea manipulative. One person trying to get the other not to leave them because "we belong together" rather than "we can work through this". I think it also gives people who believe it unrealistic expectations of how much work they may have to put into their relationship (i.e., soulmates = easy). Personally, I'd rather be chosen than fated.

BTW I'm also happily married. :)

Same with me, there's no such thing as ''The One''. If it were true then marriage rates around the world would have been 1% and there wouldn't be such a thing as moving on from a failed relationship & meeting someone new. I had few relationships & loved all my exes & my current guy equally.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Really not a fan of the term: soulmate

There's only been two people in my life where I thought: I could spend the rest of my life with this person.

I'm married to one of them.

The other one... it was just a matter of poor timing.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    My outlook on love has changed. I used to believe in soulmates... not anymore.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Well I have only have one 'whateva' you want to call it. This soulmate wording thang is just a label to use.