WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Janet. It's a very cute dress, and I love the shoes and toenails, too.

Thanks, Lanette! I wondered if DST had something to do with my crazy Fitbit. I'm sure if I can figure how to update it, it will fix itself. Good thing I know better than to eat all those calories it says I've earned. It says I still have over 2000 and I've logged 1500 already. LOL.
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Blizzard warning for us tomorrow and 12-20" of snow

Joyce yes there are all sizes of generators from small gasoline portables to large, natural gas or propane ones that can power everything in the house. That's what we have. Prices vary from under $1000 to over $30k. Have a feeling ours will be getting use in this storm with heavy, wet snow & 55 MPH wind gusts.

All DH's appointments cancelled for tomorrow. Thank heavens his neurosurgeon appointment was today.

I have a few pages to read to catch up

Lois on what's been a sunny,cold day here in Ma with no inkling of what's to come!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    DJ well friend, my plan is to never wash my hair with shampoo again. Just rinsing, scritching, and preening. I sound like a cat don't I? Haha. Well scritching is massaging your scalp before ya hop in the shower. Preening is when you take sections of hair in your fingers, (like you are holding the hair like holding a cigarette), and run down the strand length, to get the oils from scalp to the ends. I guess preening is what ya do in the transitional phase. I just found out about these terms recently, soi I have yet to preen! Crazy journey!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Very informative posts, thank you Heather, Barbie, Karen & Katla really all of you!

I've been so very disappointed in me! Always thought of myself as someone who set goals, developed a plan and then executed it. When I realized I gained 36 pounds during Wayne's treatment & healing from epiglottis cancer I decided to take action. Joined MFP lost 63 pounds in 10 months, decided wine & Coke didn't fit my plan and while at it gave up my 5-8 cigarettes a day. I'm not patting myself on the back just saying that's kind of how I've run my business & personal life, a comfort zone. I went to maintenance and the other day for no reason I ate 4 yes FOUR Balanced Breaks snacks, 720 calories, one right after the other. I've been beating myself up ever since which has but me in a bad place. I needed to hear you, I needed to hear be nice to yourself. I need to embrace & accept that less than my A game once in awhile is OK. I'm working on it :)

Janet I love your polka dot dress such a classic look!

Ginger great meal plan chart, pretty spread sheets are a good thing :)

NYKaren congrats on your numbers

Lois on the North Shore of Ma
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    Pppp
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 14.06min, 12.5amph, 140mhr, 2.9mi = 127c
    apple watch- 105c
    SPIN CLASS- 47MIN, 83ar, 85aw, 113ahr, 130mhr, 10-12g, 19.2mi = 324c
    apple watch- 370c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 6.47min, 136mhr, 12.5amph, 1.4mi = 68c
    apple watch- 48c
    walk station 2 wk- 8.38min, 3.5aspd, 121mhr, .5mi = 46c
    apple watch- 46c
    walk wk 2 sta- 7.29min, 111mhr, 15..43min mi, .4mi =40c
    apple watch- 38c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.31min, 8amph, 150mhr, 2.6mi = 192c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 797
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Lois, never be disappointed in yourself. Maybe some task you didn't do right but not in yourself.

Karen, how long does Olivia have to have the feeding tube in now she is scarfing down the breast milk?

This morning when I got up it was snowing to beat the band. How in the world did we come up with that phrase??? I checked the weather report and it said we were to have snow showers turning to rain. Well what was coming down did not look like showers neither was what was accumulated on the cars and grass. The street was fine. I had my re-evaluation at PT and more than likely be discharged. I really wanted to call them and cancel but I knew I was a big girl and could handle the amount of snow out there. I remember my Mom cautioning me about being out in inclement weather. I would jsut tell her it was weather and if you dressed right and had a car that could take it, then there was no problem in getting out. What was funny is that she always told me that AFTER she asked me to get out in that 'terrible' weather to do a task for her which meant me going to her apartment. Sometimes Mom would do anything to get my sis and I over there. But really it didn't take much. We were both over there at least once a week. Wow, I got off subject. Anyway, I talked myself into getting dressed an going to PT, got evaluated and discharged from PT.

Allie, I bought the Sleepy time tea you always use. There were two brands both labeled the same as Sleepy time tea. I bought the brand Celestial something. It has valerian root in it. I hope none of the herbs affect any of my other meds. Do you use it every night or just when you can't sleep?

Joyce, Indiana
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    DJ - thanks for the wise words...I do need to get healthy! I just have such a all or none mentality it is hard to break. I tend to lose weight and get healthy (exercise and all) then get stressed and crash and burn. It is like if I admit to my DH then I would have to be more accountable....crazy games I play!

You look GREAT in the dress...the shoes are perfect with the dress too...I hope you feel as good as you look!

Barbie - I downloaded the book on kindle...waiting to read this weekend when at states with my students...can't wait!

I also wrote down the other book suggestions, they will be great when visiting grandson.

Everyone in the storm I will be thinking of you, please try and stay warm, hope you do not have to go out in it!

~Cathy in UP of MI~
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    DJ- I love your dress! You look absolutely fantastic!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    I've found that the tea I bought had a oily taste to it; unless I put 'sugar' in it. That seemed to defeat the purpose to me. But, I will drink it; thankfully, it was a small box.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :)Rita, I'm so glad you found an RV that you can afford so you can head out on your grand adventure.

:)DJ You look fabulous in your dress.

:)Cathy, I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. I have gotten a lot of great book recommendations from women on this thread.

:)Paul Y. going on a trip even farther north than where you live sounds heavenly to me.

:'( This afternoon I suggested to Jake that he double check the phone charger that he plans to take on his trip. The charger was fine, but he discovered that the phone battery won't charge so errand #1 on the list tomorrow is to go to the phone store and find a solution---we hope it will be one that won't be expensive He leaves on his trip on Wednesday afternoon.

<3Lois, there is nothing to be gained by kicking yourself for a misstep. Just pick yourself up and get back on track. None of us has stayed on track with 100% perfection.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

“The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

NYKaren, congrats on the great check up. Keep up the good work.

Lois, good grief lady, you have done a wonderful job with the weight loss, cutting out cigarettes and getting rid of wine and cokes. You “should” brag. And I can’t believe this is the first time you have had a lapse in sanity???? Wow you must be disciplined! It happens to the best of us. The wonderful thing is we get to just start over eating like we should at any moment. And an occasional crazy binge really doesn’t do any harm in the big scheme of things. Please just forgive yourself and move on with your life. It’s my job in this thread to get out my boots and give you a kick in the *kitten* when you ask for it. You really don’t have to do it to yourself.

Ginger, your food looks yummy. What is the sauce in the plastic bowl?

Wow, I'm caught up for the first time in about a week. I do that then get behind and stay a page or two behind for a week, never finding the time to get totally caught up. Thanks for the compliments on the dress. I just hate how fat I look. I guess I just feel smaller because of the weight I've lost but this gives me incentive to get busy and do more. I'm thinking of all of you and your weather. Stay safe and let's all hope for Spring to be right around the corner.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Janet: I agree with Dr. Katie. You look wonderful in your pretty dress with a great pedi. :smiley:

Becca: I hope you keep us in the loop about your hair. I'd love to know how you feel after the first week, second week, etc. :star:

PaulaY: Your planned adventure to the West Coast of Hudson Bay sounds wonderful. I hope we get to hear all about it. :flowerforyou:

Joyce: Celestial Seasonings tea is in my drawer waiting for me. I like Sleepytime and Peppermint best. :bigsmile:

Today I got a birthday present shipped off to DGD. I wish it were easier to see her in person. Illinois is a LONG way from Oregon. :sad:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Janet love the picture and dress!
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    DJ - I mixed 2 Tablespoons of buttermilk ranch dressing with a tablespoon of ground flaxseed (to boost my fiber intake) and added a little red wine vinegar to thin it out some. I used it for my salad. Actually makes a nice sauce to dip the chicken in also.

BTW - I agree with the others... you look great! Love the dress.

--Ginger

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    I forgot to say to DJ that she looks fabulous!!!!!

OK, on the Sleepytime tea, is it to be used only if you can't get to sleep or you just drink it anyway.

Michelle, my YDD, is on the board of directors of ehr dog park. They have been contacted by a yoga group that want to rent the dog park. They have 'Yoga with dogs' and want to rent it. I have never heard of it. I have seen funny videos of people trying to do yoga and their animal kind of wants to play but I have never seen it to be intentional.

I think Pip is going through the alphabet again.

Barbie, I go to dollar stores or places like that to get things like phone chargers. It costs a fraction of the cost. I ahve never seen any difference in the quality.

Joyce, Indiana