True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I confess that am absolutely not serious at all today actually I am nevah serious at all here.. >:)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Confession....I really want abs, but I really want Chinese food. My morning almost there abs will be gone after lunch :lol:

Both personally and professionally, we make decisions everyday. Determining what to wear to work, which route to take to get there and even what foods we will eat are all decisions that have an impact on our lives. From a professional perspective, decision making is a key part of our jobs. Making the decision to hire or fire someone, whether or not to give someone an important project and deciding if we should launch a new product line, all impact our working lives and relationships in our organization. Decision making is defined as "the act of deciding between two or more alternative courses of action." (A Dictionary of Finance and Banking in Economics and Business, 1997). Being a good decision maker causes others to trust our abilities, whereas the opposite is true if we tend to make decisions hastily without carefully considering the ramifications of those decisions and their impacts across functional units.

It is obvious that decision making is a key component in our lives, but decision making without critical thinking gives us only half of the picture. It is these two components combined that result in successes both personally and professionally.

Combining the techniques of critical thinking and decision making results in situations that have been analyzed closely and potential outcomes clearly considered and defined prior to taking any action. In an article written by Greg Kitzmiller (2003), he states that "It seems most business people are busy taking action, meeting with people, interacting and making decisions. Certainly, thinking is one of the most important actions we take and is at the core of strategic planning."

Based on Kitzmiller's comments, I believe that critical thinking and decision making must go hand in hand in order to be successful. In order to develop a strategic plan, you must closely evaluate all aspects and in making decisions about your course of action, you develop a strategic plan for the future. From both a personal and professional level, these two combined techniques will put you in a better position to reach your goals and be successful. As restated by Ken Petress "Making quality decisions involves critical thinking; critical thinking has been defined as - involving the ability to explore a problem, question, or situation; integrate all the available information about it; arrive at a solution or hypothesis; and justify one's position".

Critical thinking allows us to question our environment and the information presented to us. "One alternative is to accept passively what you encounter; doing so automatically results in your making someone else's opinion your own. A more active alternative consists of asking questions of yourself in an effort to reach a personal decision about the worth of what you have experienced."

I confess I tried....I really really tried to read this through
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Confession....I really want abs, but I really want Chinese food. My morning almost there abs will be gone after lunch :lol:

Both personally and professionally, we make decisions everyday. Determining what to wear to work, which route to take to get there and even what foods we will eat are all decisions that have an impact on our lives. From a professional perspective, decision making is a key part of our jobs. Making the decision to hire or fire someone, whether or not to give someone an important project and deciding if we should launch a new product line, all impact our working lives and relationships in our organization. Decision making is defined as "the act of deciding between two or more alternative courses of action." (A Dictionary of Finance and Banking in Economics and Business, 1997). Being a good decision maker causes others to trust our abilities, whereas the opposite is true if we tend to make decisions hastily without carefully considering the ramifications of those decisions and their impacts across functional units.

It is obvious that decision making is a key component in our lives, but decision making without critical thinking gives us only half of the picture. It is these two components combined that result in successes both personally and professionally.

Combining the techniques of critical thinking and decision making results in situations that have been analyzed closely and potential outcomes clearly considered and defined prior to taking any action. In an article written by Greg Kitzmiller (2003), he states that "It seems most business people are busy taking action, meeting with people, interacting and making decisions. Certainly, thinking is one of the most important actions we take and is at the core of strategic planning."

Based on Kitzmiller's comments, I believe that critical thinking and decision making must go hand in hand in order to be successful. In order to develop a strategic plan, you must closely evaluate all aspects and in making decisions about your course of action, you develop a strategic plan for the future. From both a personal and professional level, these two combined techniques will put you in a better position to reach your goals and be successful. As restated by Ken Petress "Making quality decisions involves critical thinking; critical thinking has been defined as - involving the ability to explore a problem, question, or situation; integrate all the available information about it; arrive at a solution or hypothesis; and justify one's position".

Critical thinking allows us to question our environment and the information presented to us. "One alternative is to accept passively what you encounter; doing so automatically results in your making someone else's opinion your own. A more active alternative consists of asking questions of yourself in an effort to reach a personal decision about the worth of what you have experienced."

I confess I tried....I really really tried to read this through

I confess I didn't even try. Sorry Cee. Love ya but, NO!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I confess I tried....I really really tried to read this through [/quote]

I do confess I did read the first two sentences in the first paragraph and skipped to last paragraph..

i gave it my best effort, my attention span is small today.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    edited March 2017
    I confess that although 99.9% of my fitness journey is for me and my goals, the remaining .1% wants my husband to be kickstarted by my progress and get into shape himself. I know it doesn't necessarily work like that.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Last week on my way to work, I stopped at McDonalds and got a McFlurry. It was so good that when I passed by the next McDonalds, I purchased ANOTHER McFlurry. *hangs head in shame*
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    Confession -- I am also weirdly obsessed with taking sexy pictures of myself right now. I say they're for progress, but also I think I'm freaking hot right now, even though I have a ways to go.

Sharing is Caring
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    Confession -- I am also weirdly obsessed with taking sexy pictures of myself right now. I say they're for progress, but also I think I'm freaking hot right now, even though I have a ways to go.

Sharing is Caring

I can't, I'm trying to be President.

Although it wouldn't bar me from being the First Lady...
    sorry. I couldn't resist.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member

TLDNR
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member

Something something decisions... Something something citations & words.... Something something critical thinking...

Im just spitballing here, but I thinkkkkk this is about whiskey or cat gifs...
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    salembambi wrote: »
    I confess that even tho I'm a grown adult it makes me cry and feel jealous that my dad seems to have more time for his new gfs little kids than he does me

Once again more time for someone else's kids

It literally makes me feel like I'm nothing at all it makes me hate those kids

For taking my daddy away from me

My inner child is screaming

Maybe your dad thinks they need more attention because they are little kids and you are an adult. Little kids need someone to help them navigate life more than an adult. They have more physical needs that they can't fulfill and more psychological needs as well.

Just a thought.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I confess I have a date tomorrow and he is taking me out to dinner

I confess I hate eating in public so much I feel so self conscious and I hate not knowing what the calories are

It's making me not want to go
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I confess that even tho I'm a grown adult it makes me cry and feel jealous that my dad seems to have more time for his new gfs little kids than he does me

Once again more time for someone else's kids

It literally makes me feel like I'm nothing at all it makes me hate those kids

For taking my daddy away from me

My inner child is screaming

Maybe your dad thinks they need more attention because they are little kids and you are an adult. Little kids need someone to help them navigate life more than an adult. They have more physical needs that they can't fulfill and more psychological needs as well.

Just a thought.

They are not his kids therefore they are not important

No one else's dad ever took care me

my dad was off taking care of some other woman's kids tho even when I was a kid

As you can see

I'm very pissed

• Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    I confess I have a date tomorrow and he is taking me out to dinner

I confess I hate eating in public so much I feel so self conscious and I hate not knowing what the calories are

It's making me not want to go

Cancel.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I confess that sometimes I just want to sell everything and move to an island and just live on the beach. All I need is a beach chair and an endless supply of rum. Actually the chair is optional.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member

Something something decisions... Something something citations & words.... Something something critical thinking...

Im just spitballing here, but I thinkkkkk this is about whiskey or cat gifs...

I was thinking aliens.