WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Beth near Buffalo. I am the loon with what I watch on TV. So I watch My 600+ Supersized, because it makes my little quest of losing 50 lbs put into a proper perspective. I also want them to Get It and lose the weight! When they are just making excuses I yell at them!

Then like last night I went to the Food Channel and watched Carnival Eats! Its like I pig out with just my eyeballs! A lot of the time I am saying Eeeewww! But its interesting what they put together!

Carol, Lenora and Michele I added you onto Facebook! If any of you want to add Mr, please tell me the name to look out for or I might just delete the friends request. My name is Becca Gossett and I have strawberries three huge ones in my hand as a profile pic.

Hugs my sweet ladies!
    Becca
    Oregon

• Annr
    Options
    Dang it it cut off my message!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele I am working Monday...we'll get together another time. Cheri and I have had a good time getting together a couple of different times! This last time I was supposed to stow away in her daughter's suitcase and visit her in Texas, but it just didn't work out.

Becca Hugs right back! l give very good hugs.

Gloria Glad Zac had a normal heart checkup. Now to get the headaches under control.

Heather Adorable photo of you & your brother!

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Michele I am working Monday...we'll get together another time. Cheri and I have had a good time getting together a couple of different times! This last time I was supposed to stow away in her daughter's suitcase and visit her in Texas, but it just didn't work out.
    Karen in Virginia

Ha, ha and she even left room in it for you! We'll get together this summer I'm sure!

Cheri
    in wet TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Chris - sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. My heart is sad for you (((hugs))). Congratulations on your new lowest weight. I'm really looking forward to your news.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options

Oh Boo! You wouldn't consider taking a day off...would you <snicker> Maybe next time.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Chris - I echo Mary's post. So sorry for all you've gone thru. Great weight loss!

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Heather: I love the picture of you and your little brother as children. You two were charmers. :bigsmile:

Ezzie: Welcome back. I hope you enjoy your new knee and heal well. Did you go by a different name before? :smiley:

colonagirl: Sending good thoughts for your DH. :flowerforyou:

Michelle: I know a bit about how you feel. (((HUGS)))

We solved a couple of problems today. We replaced the mattress in our guest room because our guests have complained about it. Habitat for Humanity volunteers came and took the old mattress away. They were kind enough to carry the new one upstairs for us while they were here. It is now on the bed frame and "off-gassing." We'll put the sheets and blankets on in a few days. It is like the one we bought for ourselves a couple of years ago. We like it quite well and didn't have to spend a fortune on it.

Riding lesson tomorrow. I look forward to it. I didn't go see Arrow this week because I've been feeling a little bit under the weather. When I'm alone with him I want to be on my A game. So far he's been a good boy for me and I want to keep it that way.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • Annr
    Options
    Chris in MA. My condolences on the loss of your dog...(tight hugs)!!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :'(Chris, I am so sorry about your dog.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I wanted to let you know that "Jake the rescue dog" is still hale and hearty. We lost my son and daughter-in-law's dog. She has had him since she was a teenager and he had become a part of my family since they all moved in with me.

Thank you for the kind words of sympathy.

Chris in MA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lanette, thanks for the info on Field Agent. My oldest daughter and husband are always looking for unusual opportunities to earn a little extra money. My SIL is a photographer and they both love shopping.

I accomplished the one thing I wanted to do, change that to needed to do. With our health insurance, we get $50 every 3 months of over the counter 'Essentials'. I don't think I ordered anything past March last year because I couldn't find the usernames and passwords. I am usually very meticulous about writing all of those down and keeping them in one place. But I guess I failed to with Essentials. So I got logged on, said I forgot my username hoping it would send me an email but I kept on getting a message that there was an error. It provided a number to call and she walked through doing Charlie's. So then I took the task of doing mine by myself since I thought I found my info. For mine it kept saying that I made to many attempts and could try again in 20 minutes. So after that time I tried again. After seeing that message 2 more times I gave up and went to my laptop and got me registered. So finally got both orders done. So both of us have 2 pair of Jobst stockings, lots of saline nasal spray and things like Neosporin and Cortisone cream.

Also got my every 6 week hair cut. Has been the same style for many years.

Christina is coming closer to finding their vacation home in the Florida Keys. I doubted they would be able to go to the Keys on such a low budget but they are. Now you are only seeing the homes via photographs on the computer so you are seeing what they want you to see. I am glad they gave up a houseboat. If you want an actual home there you have to have a minimum of 28 days rental. You can rent a mobile home for a week. So I hope the weather is good and no tropical storms.

Joyce, Indiana
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Back from golf and we had a good time. Did better than I expected since I haven't playec in a month. I decided to chance my exercise status to lightly active since I've not done much in The last three weeks. It dropped my calorie goal to 1200. Then I walked an Hour and played golf for four hours so I put it back to active but the calories didn't go back to 1500. What is up with that?
    Going to Dallas tomorrow to see DGs in a play. He has worked so hard.
    SueBDew in TX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Friday nite - we have discovered Whitechapel! Just starting season 4 ... The BBC is certainly expert at these murder mysteries. All 4 seasons are on Amazon Prime Video.

Regarding JFK's death, I was in 7th grade. I remember it was after lunch, Miss Bradway's English class. The principal came by and called her out in the hall, she came back in crying. One of those events that stick in a person's memory.

Regarding Agent Orange, we have an acquaintance who was exposed and is on disability for his diabetes. I checked with the VA about rheumatoid arthritis, and it wasn't on the list although DH was in areas of exposure in Vietnam.

Marni, thanks for popping in! We missed you!

Chris - sorry to hear about your son & DIL's dog passing. Good to hear Jake is hale and hearty and I'm sure ready to receive lots of extra pets and attention.

Becca, so glad things are better for you!! You have plenty of great sisters right here <3

Joyce, it was "Field Agent" Gloria who shared the Field Agent info B) - but thank you for giving me credit. It sounds like a really great opportunity and I also passed it along to other folks I know.

My Facebook is down to bare bones as well. Much more pleasurable to not be "hit" with stuff I either don't care about or simply don't want to hear about. Good way to reduce the mental "clutter". Like Beth, I get hardly any notifications. Plenty of photos and videos of puppies and kittens and inspirational sayings and ideas. I think in the olden days they called it "Mental Hygiene".

Made it to the gym this morning and it was packed - I finally found an empty treadmill kind of down in the "pit" where all the machines and some free weights are - so gave me something to watch o:) . I'd estimate well over half the folks there were in their 70's and older. And the older fellas on the machines were really dedicated and doing their reps. I notice a lot of the "buff" younger guys do a couple reps then "prance" around. :p

Lanette
    SW WA State where our apple and pear trees are getting ready to burst into bloom - The mason bees are hatching out and will enjoy a good meal. In the rain. <3

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

A couple of days behind… so some of these comments are “old”

Toni – on putting yourself first – read the posts carefully and almost every day one of us is trying to make ourselves first in one way or another… It’s “normal” for a nurturer to have trouble with that. Seeing your sister seems to be in the category of “have to” but can you make little bits of it better? Stay in a hotel? Add a visit to something you’ve wanted to see? Include a massage?

Allie – you have support “on the home front” it’s just us on your screen!!!

Carol – probably more out of practice than too old to have the little ones!

Becky – read the Wikipedia listing on Tuberous Sclerosis and your post, wow you have your hands full! Sending (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Heather – glad you were not in London, glad you had a good go with your son, and are home safe and sound…

Becca – We can not do things just because a relation who has passed might have wanted it, and if you twisted it would your Mom want you to be so hurt by your sister’s choices? You have the door open, but you do not have to keep watching through the peep hole, you can just wait till she rings the bell…

Gloria – thanks for the lead on Field Agent, I don’t have a lot of time, but sometimes are slow…

Chris – (((((((hugs))))))))) on the loss of your fur baby and sad to hear PB did not work out, but there is better out there…

Denise – welcome -- I’m not sure where in N.Cal you are but I’m in N. Cal also – East Bay Area…

So N.California is getting more rain this week – we still need it to refill ground water tables, but I am getting a bit sick of it. Actually what I am most sick of is wet feet. I have looked at rain boots – I really need water proof walking shoes and work boots and all are out of my price range.. so this winter I have been doing sox then a plastic bag then shoes, and it is fine for a short jaunt but after 3-4 hours out in the wet, my feet are wet and it is a drag… I’ll start saving! maybe by next winter. Embroidery has picked up again, which really helps the check book.

So I caught a comment by someone about passwords/logins etc… so a suggestion that is a combo of what I do and a neighbor’s idea get an address book for each person and then using the alpha listing put in web page, user name, and password ie: Amazon.com godmomkim 123pass456word ((that’s not real!!!) Then tell your estate executor what you have done and where you are keeping your address book.. It will really help anyone who is trying to help you out, or your DH in the case of serious illness or passing.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends

Cheri, it sounds like you are doing great. I’d much rather lose inches than pounds even though I know it’s more fun to lose both. Keep up the good work.

Lanette, it was so interesting to read about the gel for dog’s teeth. Our toy poodle has terrible teeth and we don’t like having him put to sleep to clean them. He really doesn’t like to be messed with around his mouth so not even sure I could put it in there but so glad to hear that it works.

Betsy, we will miss you. Come back to us when you return to civilization (if that’s what we call being connected?)

Mary, you are like the Energizer Bunny….you just keep going and going and going. Such an inspiration.

Kelly, Joaquin is just a doll. It sounds like a fun day planned for the kiddos at the beach party.

Pip, baby Yogi’s face is do black I can’t even make out his features. So cute.

Allie, glad the kidney might not be as bad as expected. Also glad Tom gave you ½ of the tax refund.

Kay, love the little fat girl in her bathing suit. Thanks for sharing.

Well I am way behind again but too tired to read any more. Today I went to the DMV to renew my driver’s license. I also turned in the License Plate from my friend’s car that we sold. The line wasn’t as long as I have seen it at times so it only took about an hour from start to finish.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Annr
    Options
    Denise. Bowing to you respectfully, becuz Lord girl, you are awesome with the riding and workout schedules! You and our Pip should ride together!

Regarding pre mental pause... Need I say anymore!?! My skin has decided to be temperamental. (Again with the word mental). If you put a camera on me throughout the night it would look like I'm trying to fly with my quilt!! Then there is the use of another pillow, then no, then yes...well, I do sleep.

Napa is a beautiful place! I am a retired Navy Chiefs wife so I have lived all up and down the state. Never had a junk drawer though! Wasn't in one place long enough!

I find preparing my kitchen for a week full of great eating helpful. Pantry purging, and planning your attack,(OK I think like a military wife). Even preparing many meals on a Saturday, empowers me.

I have 50+ lbs to lose, so I can't see myself running or biking a race, so I donate blood. That is my Superwoman moments.

Welcome again
    Becca
    In the rainy gray days of the
    Oregon coast