The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    iaq9j73rq1td.jpg

This one really spazzes daywalkers out when I talk about it....but I know my tribe will understand.

This. This happened to me today.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    13 hour shift of FUNNESS over here... I need more coffee and my Lieutenant better DAMN WELL bring donuts. Or breakfast burritos...or just some fresh goddamn coffee...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    The calculator for IIFYM takes in to account the number of days you work out so it adjusts macros accordingly. I quit counting calories awhile ago. I pay attention to the macros and it usually adjusts the calories to where I need them. Yesterday was WAY off though. Going lean on the meat was definitely not the answer. :smile:

I got with both calorie counting and watching my macros(which has helped OODLES with workout recovery) and as far as fats go, I LOVE my fats and when someone told me not to eat avocado because it had "too much fat" I was all "You can pry avocado from my cold dead hands because that's the only way you will EVER get me to stop eating it." Same for nuts. I LOVE me some nuts(except peanuts). Unsalted is preferred by me. If I want salted, I will salt them myself because I find they are "over salted" when you buy them that way. Just my preference though...now I REALLY want a handful of almonds and cashews.... :cry:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    The calculator for IIFYM takes in to account the number of days you work out so it adjusts macros accordingly. I quit counting calories awhile ago. I pay attention to the macros and it usually adjusts the calories to where I need them. Yesterday was WAY off though. Going lean on the meat was definitely not the answer. :smile:

"You can pry avocado from my cold dead hands because that's the only way you will EVER get me to stop eating it."

Pretty much, I love me some avocado and guac and peanuts and almonds and cheese lmao. I hope adding in tracking and hitting macros will help get my weight loss going and keep it consistent. From what I've read so far, it does. Now I could really go for a bfast burrito lol thanks @BodyByBex
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    I really need to get to my records, but I just can't seem to get started. It's like there is a force field between me and the records. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »

"You can pry avocado from my cold dead hands because that's the only way you will EVER get me to stop eating it."

Pretty much, I love me some avocado and guac and peanuts and almonds and cheese lmao. I hope adding in tracking and hitting macros will help get my weight loss going and keep it consistent. From what I've read so far, it does. Now I could really go for a bfast burrito lol thanks @BodyByBex

Yep.... This is my life for the past 3.5 yrs. I love it.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Ugh, 'paperwork.'. I will have a bunch when I get back to the office. Several businesses left doors unlocked tonight. Sigh, I think they hire the dimmest people to close up on Fri & Sat.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - I know you know what I'm talking about. People just want to get out of there so they forget simple things. The devil is in the details.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yeah.... I can just hear the thought process.... "I'm pretty sure I locked all the doors, ah whatever, I'm done. Time to head for a beer with my buddies anyhow!"
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why is it when I'm listening to iTunes radio it seems like any song I mark as dislike, they try to play more of it? At least on Pandora I can block songs. Bad iTunes! No biscuit!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    :D
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just because John Lennon like to Yoko Ono sing, doesn't mean the rest of us want to. How do I get iTunes to quit playing Yoko Ono!!! Her voice is like fingernails on a chalk board! :angry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Yeah.... I can just hear the thought process.... "I'm pretty sure I locked all the doors, ah whatever, I'm done. Time to head for a beer with my buddies anyhow!"

Most of them are probably already half lit as they're leaving work!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Why is it when I'm listening to iTunes radio it seems like any song I mark as dislike, they try to play more of it? At least on Pandora I can block songs. Bad iTunes! No biscuit!
    One time on Pandora it played a song I really liked and I accidentally hit thumbs down instead of thumbs up, and didn't look at the song title, so I have no way of looking it up! Otherwise, I love Pandora. It's not their fault I have fat fingers!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love Pandora as well. It just seemed like lately they keep playing the same songs over and over. Not bad songs, but when I want to listen to Supertramp, I'm not expecting Maroon 5 to show up. I have iTunes Radio but tonight it's driving me nuts! Crazy as it seems, if you switch from the iOS app version to the computer version, it lets you block songs. Switched about 30 minutes ago and my night is getting better. :smile:
  • cbarnett10
    cbarnett10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here. I like the extra money and the group I work with, but other than that I rather work day shift.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Come on, really? Work dayshift? Didn't you always want to stay up past your bedtime as a kid? Here's the perfect chance. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Seriously, all the cool kids work (or have worked) night shift!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    So. Much. Protein. Omg
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    nightshift where? its just gone mid-day here