Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Soccer involves a lot of running/jogging. I'm not surprised at all that your lower body lifts would suffer. Even at only one day a week, that's one more day of stress where your legs have to recover.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow TR0berts at the RPS New England Revolution!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Is anybody else somewhat stoked about this? I'm excited to hear what Mark Bell and CWS have to say in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4abutGjK68
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Is anybody else somewhat stoked about this? I'm excited to hear what Mark Bell and CWS have to say in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4abutGjK68

This is the first I've heard, but please update when it's out because I need to watch haha.
  • not_a_runner
    Options
    Also patiently waiting for Massthetics to be on the Power Cast. :o
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

gonna be so many sexual innuendos and poop stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • not_a_runner
    Options

gonna be so many sexual innuendos and poop stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will they even talk about lifting though!?
    Frankly I don't care lol
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I almost bashed myself in the head one Wednesday morning doing ohp trying not to laugh at a poop story.
  • 2thelimit2017
    2thelimit2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    snatch. *giggle*
    I don't think we're allowed to post that here.

Lol... Well played :D
  • TR0berts
    Options

Thanks. Worst meet I've done. Only my openers on squat and bench - technical issues that I probably wouldn't have made, had I been able to train properly that week my gym was closed (which I had an option, but balked at the cost, oh well) and 2/3 on deads for a 1075 total. I don't have the vid, but my 2nd dead was technically a PR at 460. The guy before me did some Tork, and I got a whiff while on deck and got really lightheaded after my pull - not sure if that was affecting me on my 485 3rd, or what. One of the guys I train with has the video, so I may put up the DL PR - just because it's a PR that moved fast - when I get it.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Thanks. Worst meet I've done. Only my openers on squat and bench - technical issues that I probably wouldn't have made, had I been able to train properly that week my gym was closed (which I had an option, but balked at the cost, oh well) and 2/3 on deads for a 1075 total. I don't have the vid, but my 2nd dead was technically a PR at 460. The guy before me did some Tork, and I got a whiff while on deck and got really lightheaded after my pull - not sure if that was affecting me on my 485 3rd, or what. One of the guys I train with has the video, so I may put up the DL PR - just because it's a PR that moved fast - when I get it.

I'm sorry your meet didn't go as planned, but congrats on the DL PR! I believe your total is still way over the qualifying requirement for the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships meet in September.

Are you going to compete at the CT State Championship in June? A few guys at my gym already registered for it so they have been pressuring me everyday to sign up too.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about the crappy meet. I had a similar one in January. They happen. When you've done a lot of meets they will crop up.
  • TR0berts
    Options

I'm sorry your meet didn't go as planned, but congrats on the DL PR! I believe your total is still way over the qualifying requirement for the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships meet in September.

Are you going to compete at the CT State Championship in June? A few guys at my gym already registered for it so they have been pressuring me everyday to sign up too.

No, I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on that one - too soon. I was thinking about the Supreme Warrior in New Jersey, but the Power Challenge in Brockton in October is probably more likely.
  • TR0berts
    Options

Sorry to hear about the crappy meet. I had a similar one in January. They happen. When you've done a lot of meets they will crop up.

It wasn't all bad. A couple of guys I train bench with competed in their first meet(s). One of them set RPS WRs in his (military) division for squat and bench, and the other guy pulled 500 lb and had a really good meet overall. So, while I'm disappointed with my performance, I was still able to cheer for my guys and was really happy with their performances.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Lol, torkheads sabotaging...
  • _Phill727
    _Phill727 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Working my way back to some heavy lifts.
    305# C&J felt good today
  • _Phill727
    _Phill727 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Struggling to post the video..
  • TR0berts
    Options

No, I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on that one - too soon. I was thinking about the Supreme Warrior in New Jersey, but the Power Challenge in Brockton in October is probably more likely.

Quoting myself to say that I just looked at a revamped training schedule and Jersey looks much more doable now.