True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Awww 40 isn't bad. Trust me.

That is what you say after you are past it by years.

• A_MariposaDream
    A_MariposaDream Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't like pet names! I don't like to be told what you want to do with me! I am real I have a name and I am capable of having a real conversation! I don't need to see what you have in your pants! I live in a house with 4 boys I am sure I know what one looks like! Thanks rant over!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    relynne wrote: »
    I confess that I'm in a huge funk about turning 40 in a couple of weeks and as such, dinner tonight was a bottle of wine.

That's good news!

So.... how's 50?

55?

omg are you implying I'm that old?!?!?!

I hear 55 is the freedom year

No 55 is not the freedom year, at least for me. 56 wasn't freedom either. I am waiting for 62, not too far away to freedom
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I confess it drives me nuts that my mother goes through my mail and everything. It's annoying
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    i confess this morning i told my boss i was in a meeting, but actually was at target using the company credit card to buy the kids tons of *kitten* they don't technically need.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I confess it drives me nuts that my mother goes through my mail and everything. It's annoying

Going through someone's mail impermissably is a felony. Even mom. #toughlove
  • synchkat
    Options

Going through someone's mail impermissably is a felony. Even mom.

Thanks that's a bit over the top
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    relynne wrote: »
    I confess that I'm in a huge funk about turning 40 in a couple of weeks and as such, dinner tonight was a bottle of wine.

You are not 40. Get out of town!

ya sorry I'm 43. which means I'm still closer to 40 than 50....phew

and 40 is great. I know it seems like such a big number and milestone but since hitting my 40s I'm in as good a shape as I was in my 20s, I am confident and sure of myself and learn new things and ogle youngsters cause I can since I'm a cougar now so the youngsters (20 somethings) I think think it's funny since this old lady is friendly. :) but ya 40 is great

You rock 43 girl! Totally rock it!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks one summer, back when I was in school, I worked as a telemarketer. That's not the confession though. One guy started to *kitten* me out, so I told him that I hope he and his whole family would be brutally murdered and then I hung up. Oddly enough they didn't fire me. I quit the next day. That job sucks.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    i confess this morning i told my boss i was in a meeting, but actually was at target using the company credit card to buy the kids tons of *kitten* they don't technically need.

Did you meet with the cashier at Target?

Probably so.

If so, you're in the clear.

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm really annoyed at the lies I'm telling myself and how effective they are
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

My mom does the same thing when she comes over. I'll have a stack of stuff on my dining room table, and she thinks it's free reign to go thru it. I learned not to keep stuff out when she comes over.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Thank you! @Kepplekakes

Coming from a strong beautiful woman herself, that means a lot.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

Going through someone's mail impermissably is a felony. Even mom.

Thanks that's a bit over the top

Welcome. Should I have phrased it in the form of a confession? Would your mom let you openly commit a felony? Against your own child no less. I confess.
  • synchkat
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I confess I have a deep fear that the people I care about will get tired of me so I push them away before they can get bored with me. I'm beginning to realize my overthinking has ruined a few potentially great things.

Same here

That's a silly thing to do.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I confess, I give everyone respect and the benefit of the doubt, but deep down I understand most people focus on personal gain and self-preservation as driving forces for decisions and actions.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I will be 53 in October... BUT had declared that I felt like I was 40 when I was 17... so emotionally I guess that makes me 87 going on 88 this year. They say if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life...which means I didn't start work until I was like 38... I don't plan to retire... I have seen retired folk... and.. no thanks... after all I have only been working for 14 years or so... what's another 20 give or take... Trying to live up to other people's expectations is a losing cause...only because the expectations of yourself are probably higher, and their own are probably lower. Shift workers have a harder time losing... and an easier time gaining simply because they are messing with their internal clock... eating before sleeping... not sleeping enough...I didn't start gaining until I started wandering around all night (the thing I did before I began working for a living).

ALL that matters is forgiveness... forgive the people you love... and YOU should be at the top of that list. hanging onto stuff... well that's just an anchor to the past and you can't change that... cut it lose and look forward...

Emu out :)
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Did you meet with the cashier at Target?

Probably so.

If so, you're in the clear.

good call. that's exactly what i did!