Options

Replies

• DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow TR0berts at the RPS New England Revolution!

Thanks. Worst meet I've done. Only my openers on squat and bench - technical issues that I probably wouldn't have made, had I been able to train properly that week my gym was closed (which I had an option, but balked at the cost, oh well) and 2/3 on deads for a 1075 total. I don't have the vid, but my 2nd dead was technically a PR at 460. The guy before me did some Tork, and I got a whiff while on deck and got really lightheaded after my pull - not sure if that was affecting me on my 485 3rd, or what. One of the guys I train with has the video, so I may put up the DL PR - just because it's a PR that moved fast - when I get it.

I'm sorry your meet didn't go as planned, but congrats on the DL PR! I believe your total is still way over the qualifying requirement for the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships meet in September.

Are you going to compete at the CT State Championship in June? A few guys at my gym already registered for it so they have been pressuring me everyday to sign up too.

No, I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on that one - too soon. I was thinking about the Supreme Warrior in New Jersey, but the Power Challenge in Brockton in October is probably more likely.

Quoting myself to say that I just looked at a revamped training schedule and Jersey looks much more doable now.

That looks like it will be an interesting meet since RPS just announced today on Facebook the first ever RPS Women's World Championship will be the day before the Supreme Iron Warrior at the same location. Its too bad I don't have a qualifying total since I haven't competed in a full power meet yet.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Thanks. Worst meet I've done. Only my openers on squat and bench - technical issues that I probably wouldn't have made, had I been able to train properly that week my gym was closed (which I had an option, but balked at the cost, oh well) and 2/3 on deads for a 1075 total. I don't have the vid, but my 2nd dead was technically a PR at 460. The guy before me did some Tork, and I got a whiff while on deck and got really lightheaded after my pull - not sure if that was affecting me on my 485 3rd, or what. One of the guys I train with has the video, so I may put up the DL PR - just because it's a PR that moved fast - when I get it.

I'm sorry your meet didn't go as planned, but congrats on the DL PR! I believe your total is still way over the qualifying requirement for the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships meet in September.

Are you going to compete at the CT State Championship in June? A few guys at my gym already registered for it so they have been pressuring me everyday to sign up too.

No, I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on that one - too soon. I was thinking about the Supreme Warrior in New Jersey, but the Power Challenge in Brockton in October is probably more likely.

Quoting myself to say that I just looked at a revamped training schedule and Jersey looks much more doable now.

That looks like it will be an interesting meet since RPS just announced today on Facebook the first ever RPS Women's World Championship will be the day before the Supreme Iron Warrior at the same location. Its too bad I don't have a qualifying total since I haven't competed in a full power meet yet.

Well, if you do the CT States with the guys in your gym, you will!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

where in Jersey?
    lazy- I just googled.

damn- Supreme Warrior is a race horse.

And running USA is blocked.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    Why were you shaking your head after your 3rd squat - because you think you should have gone higher?
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

where in Jersey?
    lazy- I just googled.

damn- Supreme Warrior is a race horse.

And running USA is blocked.

It's at the Ramada Plaza in Newark, NJ on Sept 16-17.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Why were you shaking your head after your 3rd squat - because you think you should have gone higher?

Exactly. I had set numbers going into the meet because I really wanted a 9 for 9. I think i should have deviated about 20lbs though and went closer to 575.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    Got my meet vids last night. I'm only going to post the deadlift PR (460) and the failed 485 deadlift. 460 went pretty fast. I didn't set up worth a damn for 485. I really wish I had that one back. Sorry for the quality.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Quick Recap of my meet from last weekend:

9 for 9
    SQ 507-529-551
    BP 353-374-391
    DL 518-540-556

Wilks: 391.75

Video of my attempts that my dad took. Please excuse his loud screaming (this was his first meet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3NF3nb1kc

I've never been to a meet. Still a virgin in that sense. So what does 3 white, and 2 white 1 red mean? Still learning about the power lifting world
  • jessef593
    Options
    Only went 5/9 today but it was good enough for 1st place in the 82.5 kg open class!
    303 lb squat/148 bench/341 deadlift 8ps9zp56anus.png

Awesome job! Gotta ask. Also, what is the out of 9 for?

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Only went 5/9 today but it was good enough for 1st place in the 82.5 kg open class!

You get 3 attempts each for squat/bench/deads, so 9 total attempts. (I missed 4/9 so I had 5/9 completed.)
    And the lights- 3 judges/3 lights. White light means good lift, red light means bad. You need at least two white lights for a good attempt.
  • jessef593
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

You get 3 attempts each for squat/bench/deads, so 9 total attempts. (I missed 4/9 so I had 5/9 completed.)
    And the lights- 3 judges/3 lights. White light means good lift, red light means bad. You need at least two white lights for a good attempt.

Awesome! Thank you! I've looked up standardized rules but have never heard of the lights or out of 9. Unfortunately there's not a single experienced power lifter in my gym to learn from so I'm in uncharted territory
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    303 lb squat/148 bench/341 deadlift

Congrats! That sounds like a great meet despite the evil back cramp.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Well it's been 18wks. I have resumed lifting with running. Today I tested my deadlift. 135 and 225 felt explosive. 315 felt heavy and 365 was like RPE 9.9 but my grip slipped because I was lifting DOH no hook. After, I did 275x8 which felt really good. Afraid of where my bench is at . Tomorrow I will find out. :|