Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    There was a substantial young lady at the gym I used to go to. She was wearing Yoga pants and I thought "good for you getting healthy!", she bent over and the yoga pants disappeared. I still cannot unsee that.
    There as this old guy; about 70 who would go up to the hand dryer naked and spread his b*tt cheeks to get his rectal cavity a blow job...

Urrrghhh that's not something you forget.
    People can be so inconsiderate and uncouth
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    When people use the stair climber as a table to hold their notebook, pen, water, phone, etc. My gym's owner is the worst offender. I have to move his crap every. darn. time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    People sniffing the seats after spin class.

Okay, I haven't actually seen anyone do this.

This is wrong ?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Overweight personal trainers.

Yes! This makes me freaking crazy...

Why? Does not being a linebacker make bill bellichek a bad coach?!
  • tigertodd493
    tigertodd493 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sit on a machine between sets and use their phone. :/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Sit on a machine between sets and use their phone. :/

when I see that I ask to work-in
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    High school kids doing bottle flips. The constant banging noise drives me nuts. I listen to my 11 yo do it at home but at the gym - really, this is where grown ups hang out.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    -Women who gleefully prance around nude in the change room. One lady has no shame in bending over in front of me.
    This embarrasses the hell out of me when women do this in the changing rooms. But it is totally my issue. I am generally in awe of their confidence as it is something I would never do! Sometimes wish I could as the changing rooms can be so darned warm!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    People in the wrong swimming lane.

Young men who aggressively try to use the punchbag after I've started using it. They don't even talk to me. Just try to hit me in the face with it. What their issues are, I do not know.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    People in the wrong swimming lane.

I was ranting about this this morning! asked one guy to change lanes in the end as he was holding up 6 people in the fast lane due to flailing and lack of etiquette at the ends.
    His reply 'sorry I misread the lane sign' (it does say 'slow lane' on the other side facing away from the pool - stupid signs I know)
    But ok, so you mis-read it. You then decided to stay swimming in a lane where you were clearly holding everyone up for 15mins until asked to move?!! wtf?!?

and the lifeguards are useless as hell!

it really bugs me when people don't look behind them when pushing off though. Just a glance, see if someone is right there and let them past if they are. Guy ruined my 'constant swim' this morning as I had to wait for him to get down the pool before following else I'd have caught up and had to do breaststroke!

argh! rant over! lol