Goblet squats-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-13X7X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs challenge.
    20 squats
    8 push-ups
    30 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    It feels like winter again! I am going to take 2-2 mile walks today. Just getting ready to go on my first walk!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!

Lisa, I'm doing the happy dance for you - your new job sounds great. I'm sure your new employer is doing the happy dance as well since they were able to hire YOU for that position!

Barbie, sorry that Jake is still under the weather but good that he's made another appointment. Shen Yun looks marvelous.

Heather, we've seen Death in Paradise. Finished up the new Midsomer Mysteries....and now on to Father Brown! Since there are a zillion Midsomer Mysteries, we'll start over one of these days. Seeing the scenery is half the enjoyment of watching them. Has anyone seen the Agatha Raisin series and if so, how do you like it? Loved the books.

Kate in UK
    - when will you be able to start exercising again?

Becca, you are the queen of grocery shopping. Sounds like you did very well!! Have you ever tried putting white beans in tomato sauce? I used to make a "Tuscan Tomato-White Bean" soup...using left over spaghetti sauce. Sometimes I'd whir them all together with the blender and sometimes not. Sounds strange but I really liked it.

Ginger - your planning and lists are quite impressive! I remember when I was still working, I had to have lists to keep me on track and planning out eating/exercise was something I enjoyed, and it worked, darn it. Now that I'm retired seems I've become too relaxed in some areas. Thanks for the reminder.

Sarah - hope you don't get the flooding. Love the idea of making a list of things to do to relieve stress other than eating! Sometimes putting things down on paper helps them stick in my head.

Welcome Newbies! Bev from California! Susie on 800 calories a day -- have you done this before and if so has it worked OK for you? Kfisch340 sounds like you are doing well! Pam, all those steps are very impressive, way to go!
    Anita, good luck with the MRI, let us know how it comes out. 1snowlady, you are also a step queen! Good deal! Lora from Wisconsin-thanks for your story! And others I've missed!!

A reminder to please give us a name you like to go by and a location-general is OK each time you post if you're not already doing that. :D

Thanks everyone who popped in on the parent discussion, both good and bad. Childhood experiences have helped make us who we are today....and here we have come together from all kinds of backgrounds.(((hugs)))

Thanks for the comments about my greenhouse/back yard. All due to DH’s hard work and scrounging ability. We bought the greenhouse frame for cheap and covered it with construction plastic. The lumber for the raised beds – basically bought for pennies on the dollar. Even the dirt he made – years of composted lawn clippings. Potting shed, mostly scrounge and sweat. This has been good therapy for him keeping up activity despite his painful joints from RA. Yesterday we finished patching the plastic with Gorilla tape – I swear I have no fingerprints left, that stuff is super sticky. We also covered it with a shade cloth – kind of an open netting to cut down sunlight inside – otherwise it cooks even with windows and doors open. Moved 3 dozen little tomato plants out there which had been living under grow lights in the house. Going to be cool and rainy over the next few days, but they should do fine.

Hey walkers-runners, anyone ever get a stone bruise? I had one last year between the big toe and foot joint which didn't resolve so got a cortisone shot which did the trick, but still often have pain on the bottom of my foot and hurts to go barefoot on the linoleum. Always switching walking shoes around because of the pain. Use padded socks a lot since I my walking shoes are way beyond the "best by" date, and that helps. Got to actually walk around barefoot in the lawn a couple days ago - grass is lush and soft. It was wonderful.

OK Supermodels, I'd better scoot. Big day ahead.

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Cheri - you rock!!! Glad it's coming together for you! Lots of celebrating!!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Lisa- congratulations on your new position! You definitely deserve it!

Cheri- I thought I heard some screaming going on somewhere! So happy for you and your loss! It is nice when everything is working together and you find what works best for you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LISA - great news about the job

LANETTE - advice seemed a bit weird nurse said no gym for 4 weeks but the booklet they give you says gym - do 50% and less reps They said walking is ok so have been taking a walk each day. I have started to do Leslie Sansone with hand weights but taking it a bit easier. So far so good, I think the bad things are lifting heavy weights and anything which involves bending down for long periods

Anything which interrupts my routine throws me off track so food not so good that's why I need to get back to normal and the exercise is part of that

BOOKWORMS - not sure if I've already mentioned this but have just read 2 books on Kindle by American author Helen Bryan War Brides and The Sisterhood wonderful couldn't put them down and only 99p on Amazon. Want more but the others are more expensive but my kids alway give me Amazon vouchers for birthdays etc and birthday next month so I will get more

Kate UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Tuesday's Progress (4/4)
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B21, L0, D20, MS6, AS20, BBS24=65)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (32g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week. (Tues)
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    ✔8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.
    ✔9. Digital Detox. Track daily timeouts.

• Declutter - Personal Care today. Products and equipment for: hair, face, teeth, skin/body and nails. All make-up goes in a single make-up bag, nail care in its own bag. Tossed out a few lotions.

• Exercise. Got my 2 miles, 5000 steps, 30 minutes. I ran some errands today and parked farther away... walked up and down the aisles. But... apparently none of it was sustained for a 10 minute minimum period to count toward my active minutes. That's okay. I'd rather get those minutes with intentional exercise where I get my heart rate up and keep it up. But I really must work on doing it earlier in the day.

I did the BowFlex Max Trainer elliptical for a minute or two. Geez! It's hard. I really need to work on it. I have the app. I'll have to look up my stats and start a plan for improving on it.

• Digital Detox. Not feeling near as anxious without my iPhone and iPad at hand 24/7. Fell asleep with an episode of Dateline.

Have a great day. I'm off to get a hole lasered into my left iris (Iridotomy).

-- Ginger in Texas
    jf5aizrg67ca.png
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    The BowFlex Max Trainer. I'll keep at it.
    --Ginger in Texas

phkmsst8k2u0.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Cheri - HOORAY for you !!!! So exciting :)

Janetr okc
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hooray Cheri!

This day is shot because it's tax time in Norway. On the other hand, I've finished nearly all of the work in just a few hours! All that remains is to look up my meagre bank balances in Sweden, convert them according to the proper exchange rate and fill in the numbers.

The weather was gosh-awful, cold, snowy, and extremely windy. Thus no jogging today. Heck, I chickened out of taking the garbage to our neighborhood trash container, even though it only would have involved walking about 200 meters. I'm waiting for a lull.

A couple days ago I borrowed a book called "Letters from the Arctic" (in Swedish) for a project I'm working on. It's a collection of letters and diaries written mainly by 19th century trappers in Svalbard. Most of the chapters ended with a description of how many years went by before the corpses were found. :noway: And here I am, comfortable in a warm house with an adequate supply of scurvy-preventing fresh vegetables in my fridge. Yeah, I'm a total wimp.

Progress on goals for April:

500 g veggies on 15 days (ø ø ø o o o o o o o o o o o o)
    Jog a total of 100 km (3.7/100: o o o o o o o o o o)
    Be lighter at the end of the month

/Penny, staying indoors at the North Pole
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    yeah for Cheri You are rockin' it.

Hooray for Lisa Congrats on the new job.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lisa!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cheri Way to Go!

In a Kindergarten class today. Love the reminder take a breath and do your best!