Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Spot Reducing...This Should Be Interesting...

Replies

• IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Oh lookie, neither of the two things you sent me in the PMs actually showed spot reduction, just fat loss induced because one is a steroid and the other is hgh.

Care to share which miracle "spot reduction" things these are?

I won't - if he wants to be silly and publicly mention things that were entrusted in a private setting to show that it is biologically possible with said compounds then that's up to him.
    What I found hilarious is that he clearly didn't read the papers and studies let alone look them up to do his own research. Grandstanding attempt is clearly misguided in that one.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Oh lookie, neither of the two things you sent me in the PMs actually showed spot reduction, just fat loss induced because one is a steroid and the other is hgh.

Oxandrolone and HGH. Really this secrecy crap stinks to high heavens. There's no reason to not write it public unless being afraid of being shown to be wrong.
  • IVMay
    IVMay wrote: »
    You keep writing so much, yet saying so little.

"The study" you're talking about just says "Hey the guys on steroids lost fat unlike the guys on placebo".

Are you really that silly? It *SPECIFICALLY* targets abdominal regions. Glucocorticoid signalling blocking. It accomplishes its effects different from other compounds in its manner of abdominal fat reduction. No normal steroids are known to spot reduce specific areas. You could argue something unsafe/untested like Tren has capabilities that have not been medically researched but that's not even up for discussion give it's not used in any medical setting.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

Oxandrolone and HGH. Really this secrecy crap stinks to high heavens. There's no reason to not write it public unless being afraid of being shown to be wrong.

I should think the legalities of using them in this context may have something to do with the reluctance. It was mentioned openly in previous discussions but he's choosing now to be cagey. No doubt there are reasons for this.
  • IVMay

You certainly seem to be afraid of reading into studies and researching anything, right?
    AOD9604 or Fragment 176-191 have arisen specifically due to the spot reduction abilities of GH.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Then I read an article about arm fat and why its so hard to get rid of it. I understood then why they made that shake weight but then decided to then just use my kettle bell for it...I still wasnt getting the results i wanted...So I added wrapping to the mix but it was such a mess...So I got those things the basket ball players wear. Oiled up my arm with coconut oil to help condition the skin and pulled the arm sleeve on. I shook my kettle bell like no tomorrow and did arm rolls kind of in speed bag fashion. Just as before...the difference was night and day. I lost twice as much fat sometimes more on a good day Than before it was wrapped.

No, you didn't.

a) You have no way of measuring the amount of fat you've lost in a given area.
    b) You don't lose enough fat in a single day to be measurable, even if you had a magical fat-measuring machine just for your arms. If you did you'd have scrawny arms within a week.

Ridiculous posts like this do more harm than good.

• IVMay
    edited April 2017

I should think the legalities of using them in this context may have something to do with the reluctance. It was mentioned openly in previous discussions but he's choosing now to be cagey. No doubt there are reasons for this.

Yeah - to be honest I didn't want specific names brought up in the thread (edit) because it would lead people to assume some condoning of use but he decided to bring about it public. Would have been better to grandstand referring to them as O or H. There's others out there like Intaleukin 3, 6, 8 and 15 and all sorts of cytokines which are disputable as to their pros and cons and rarely used in connection with fat/health/muscle/performance but I'd never discuss anything that wasn't a medicine or prescription based chemical with a USE for that particular topic. I.e. these things are used for these purposes.
  • IVMay
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised you don't like people linking to the WHO?

The WHO wasn't the issue - the complete shock of the irrelevance of your 'research' was the issue. Anyway that's another thread. I just sent you two messages with two examples. You want some more messages with other examples? I also provided you with links if you require any more links or research into those let me know.

Without prescription and approval from a doctor I find it more appropriate to not discuss particulars but you get the idea :)

Why not post your citations here? As a professional researcher, one of my great joys in life is destroying clown science.

The fact that you "know" all this but can't post your supersecret, magical compounds or link to any science backing you up is hysterical.

I've already done it in private. Since he has namedropped two examples and I've provided further information I'll assume you've heard of search engines? I'm not here to be your joey or dog and fetch for you when I've already provided my examples as well as sent him links.
    I'm glad you get joy in destroying clown science. So do I. We're in the same boat, then.
    Why kind of research is it, that you do? I do some research, myself.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    why don't you use these compounds on your self and show before and after pictures of your magical spot reduction?
  • IVMay
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you use these compounds on your self and show before and after pictures of your magical spot reduction?

rlh330sk1gwb.gif

Sure thing, buddy. Cool idea, bro.
  • ndj1979

rlh330sk1gwb.gif

why not?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

rlh330sk1gwb.gif

why not?

Apparently he does. Unless he's retracting that now.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member

The WHO wasn't the issue - the complete shock of the irrelevance of your 'research' was the issue. Anyway that's another thread. I just sent you two messages with two examples. You want some more messages with other examples? I also provided you with links if you require any more links or research into those let me know.

Without prescription and approval from a doctor I find it more appropriate to not discuss particulars but you get the idea :)

Why not post your citations here? As a professional researcher, one of my great joys in life is destroying clown science.

The fact that you "know" all this but can't post your supersecret, magical compounds or link to any science backing you up is hysterical.

I've already done it in private. Since he has namedropped two examples and I've provided further information I'll assume you've heard of search engines? I'm not here to be your joey or dog and fetch for you when I've already provided my examples as well as sent him links.
    I'm glad you get joy in destroying clown science. So do I. We're in the same boat, then.

You're missing the point of the discussion. You cannot spot reduce based on things that are readily available to us. You cannot, for the most part, exercise a muscle to death to spot reduce fat. You just can't. TECHNICALLY, there are likely a bunch of cagey, unsafe, massive side affect, drugs out there that could slightly increase it. But there is no magic thigh pill that if you take 3x's a day you're thighs will magically shed fat! Don't over complicate things, the OP brought up spot reducing. You can't. End of story.
  • cardioxxbunnyxx
    cardioxxbunnyxx Posts: 39 Member
    Let me know if you ever do find a way to spot reduce.. These pesky hips LOVE holding onto fat!!!! >:)
  • IVMay

rlh330sk1gwb.gif

why not?

I don't see the retraction of anything. I can't be emphatic enough when I tell you this: please look above and look at what was actually written. He wanted some "Men's Health" type comparison nonsense. I'm sure there's plenty of before and after shots of these on the internet to view if he's that desperate.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    You guys are disappointing.
    I gave an FDA approved example and didn't get a peep on it - Coolsculpting.

What I'd really like to see is a before/after where they only treated one side of the belly, so I could discount normal weightloss.

CS-Process(OPT)_1.jpg

I'd also like to read of someone trying this with popsicles from their fridge, forgoing the exorbitant fees.
  • IVMay
    brittyn3 wrote: »

You're missing the point of the discussion. You cannot spot reduce based on things that are readily available to us. You cannot, for the most part, exercise a muscle to death to spot reduce fat. You just can't. TECHNICALLY, there are likely a bunch of cagey, unsafe, massive side affect, drugs out there that could slightly increase it. But there is no magic thigh pill that if you take 3x's a day you're thighs will magically shed fat! Don't over complicate things, the OP brought up spot reducing. You can't. End of story.

Sigh. You've contradicted yourself there. The OP asked about spot reduction. The OP employed a method of use that dealt more with water and sweat than actual fat. The responses were of a technical nature regarding fat loss. water. muscle. etc etc. I gave a technical dispute using science. I was asked to clarify. The thing went to pot with ignorance. The rest is history.
  • ndj1979

rlh330sk1gwb.gif

why not?

I don't see the retraction of anything. I can't be emphatic enough when I tell you this: please look above and look at what was actually written. He wanted some "Men's Health" type comparison nonsense. I'm sure there's plenty of before and after shots of these on the internet to view if he's that desperate.

nope, I said since you are so sure that you can spot reduce, why don't you take these compounds and show us that one can spot reduce by showing before and after pictures?