Husband cheated on me here

Options

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Sending nudes is definitely cheating.

You should be able to let the spouse read and not cause any friction. That is the definition of innocent interaction.

I don't wanna judge the folks who play around here. Just the times we live in. Everyone makes mistakes. Key factor here is reconciliation and consideration for the spouse.

Will it break their heart and make them cry? That vision should be in front of every person. That would be the biggest deterrent. But then different individuals have different outlooks on life.

I happen to strongly think so too, but not everyone does as your last sentence suggests. Nor does her husband, BUT that doesn't mean he can't come to a different understanding that what he did was cheating eventually.

• Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    made my night, either way!
  • Sooothathappened
    Sooothathappened Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks it was crazy to me too. I hadn't told anyone the complete truth until last week. my therapist is having me practice Exposure Therapy...

I'm thinking it will help you to understand that what happened isn't your fault, that you have nothing to feel guilty for or ashamed about. Let it all out!
  • Sooothathappened
    Sooothathappened Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    @RoxieDawn unfortunately this is pretty much it... just a sad, pathetic reality

Is creating this thread part of the exposure therapy?
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    We getting names or nah?

(Ps. I'm in just for my two cents on the lab advice. Go to a pound or a lab rescue. I have two lab-pit mixes. They are the best. <3 )

3 labs here.. I can third on the lab advice..

I have been wating on names too.. sigh :'(

Excellent.
    I have a dream. One day this forum will have a lab thread where all the poor little puppies can bark and run riot.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I could see signing up right when you found out, but then realizing there wasn't much for you to do other than to try to find the women, and then finally posting about it.

What's the goal of the therapy? Are you trying to get back together, end it, or still figuring it out?

BTW, I'm sorry he broke your trust. People are debating the semantics of cheating in this thread, but I don't know if it matters so much as your trust was broken.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »
    We getting names or nah?

(Ps. I'm in just for my two cents on the lab advice. Go to a pound or a lab rescue. I have two lab-pit mixes. They are the best. <3 )

Excellent.
    I have a dream. One day this forum will have a lab thread where all the poor little puppies can back and run riot.

That would be sweet! :)
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    A lot of men are dogs... and they don't think that virtual sexting or nude videos are even cheating. Does he know what he did was wrong? Is he sorry or just sorry that he got caught? So what can you do? Can you spring for the nuclear option and leave? (I worked outside the home and that's what I did. It took me years to recover financially, from the divorce, but I did. A lot of women are scared to leave, and, think they can't make it -- but they can and they do.) In the old days when this happened, women "went home to mother" for a while. Is that an option? Will he go to marriage counseling? Is it worth it? Do you have kids? Ann Landers / Dear Abby would say, "Can you live without him?" So sorry that this happened to you. <3

I wouldn't say only men, it goes both ways.

In THIS cast it is a man. So "A lot of men are dogs definitely applies. Had it been a man posting about a cheating wife the sentiment would be transposed.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @IVMay wrote: »
    We getting names or nah?

Excellent.
    I have a dream. One day this forum will have a lab thread where all the poor little puppies can back and run riot.

Start a lab cafe. Much better than a cat cafe.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    A lot of men are dogs... and they don't think that virtual sexting or nude videos are even cheating. Does he know what he did was wrong? Is he sorry or just sorry that he got caught? So what can you do? Can you spring for the nuclear option and leave? (I worked outside the home and that's what I did. It took me years to recover financially, from the divorce, but I did. A lot of women are scared to leave, and, think they can't make it -- but they can and they do.) In the old days when this happened, women "went home to mother" for a while. Is that an option? Will he go to marriage counseling? Is it worth it? Do you have kids? Ann Landers / Dear Abby would say, "Can you live without him?" So sorry that this happened to you. <3

In THIS cast it is a man. So "A lot of men are dogs definitely applies. Had it been a man posting about a cheating wife the sentiment would be transposed.

What about those he was cheating with? Don't they get included in this cast?

• adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

What about those he was cheating with? Don't they get included in this cast?

Exactly.
  • _illini_Jim_
    _illini_Jim_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So, I'm confused. Are you looking for action now?
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Once trust is broken, it becomes almost impossible to get it back. Especially if it has been broken repeatedly.

OP.. My heart goes out to you. A betrayal on this scale is really devastating. I hope you are able to heal from it.
This discussion has been closed.