For my favorite bicyclist! PIP
    Becca
    Oregon

Woah
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Pet Day -

Wishing a perfect day to all of your furbabies and other companion animals!

Becca - Your son sounds like a fine man. Glad he's able to help. I love the photo of the cheery yellow repurposed planter! Thanks for sharing it!

Cheryl - Welcome back, and sorry to hear about your accident. It's appalling how fast we lose condition when we're down from an injury!

Sarah - Hooray for sunny weather! Of course that also means muggy after a lot of rain, but here's hoping the sun starts drying things up. Congratulations on that three-minute plank!

Joyce - We're going to need to paint our house sometime fairly soon. I enjoy looking at paint samples, but I swear when I start talking colors, Philip's eyes roll up in his head. Guess that means I won't get any opposition once I decide what I want!

Jude & Brenda - Welcome! You'll find lots of support here!

It was so muggy yesterday I ended up absolutely slogging through my workout. I had to break my Nordic Track session into three shorter sessions to get through it. I can see that we'll have to break down and turn on the air conditioning before too long. We had thunderstorms last night, though, so it's pleasant this morning.

-Yvonne in TX
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who welcomed me back. And yes, it is the same horse as the last time I was here. She is the short, fat, been there, done that mare I bought after I decided since I didn't bounce like I used to I need to quit riding the young ones. And since I only ride bareback I needed one short enough to get on from a log, a picnic table, a fence . . .
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,775 Member
    Options
    Angie ... Welcome! And kudos to you for nearing Onederland!

Joyce ... I just had to laugh that the Baptists wouldn't give your daughter a grade average of .666! LOL!

Kim ... some traditions are hard to let go of I know ... but sometimes they've outlived their purpose as well. Enjoy a quiet and restful weekend this year.

Michele ... just saying hello (and, yes, I read your posts).

Beth near Buffalo taking it easy today!

• angel300crow
    angel300crow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lisa, sorry to hear that about your son. As a parent it is difficult to see our children go through such things. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    So far it has been a busy morning. I dropped the dog off a the groomer and we're getting ready for day #2 of raccoon abatement. I will be glorious to have this work all done at long last. :bigsmile:
  • BinWa
    BinWa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Brenda: Several women in this group live in Washington. What part of the state are you from? :flowerforyou:

Hi Katla...Oh good to know :) I am in SW Wa.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Katla - So glad all your upheaval is nearing it's end. <3

Michele - My mum used to call that my Cleopatra look. I had a fringe most of my life, until hot flushes drenched it! :o

I've made up my calories today to 500 by going out shopping with DH and doing 262 on the recumbent bike. I love yoga, but it's not a calorie burner. It's the one thing I will miss when/if we move. Our group and teacher is fantastic.
    There is no movement on the house front. Our buyers first option has 2 more weeks to run. Their house isn't selling. The estate agent is coming round here tomorrow afternoon. She is a new employee and wants to see it for herself. I hope she won't try to persuade us to lower the price. We need to get a good price in order to buy the one in Hove. I'm not going to clean and tidy up for her too much. She's not a buyer. :laugh:
    I try not to think about it too much. :'(

Posted the ÷×+=# kettle back this afternoon. :D Long queue.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Took the morning off of work, made an app for bullwinkle with a he vet to chk her out
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beautiful flower pics Margaret I wish I had been there!
    NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Margaret- thanks for sharing the pictures of the Como conservatory! It is so nice to see something so close to home!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • USLeggs
    USLeggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Group. Looks like a great group. I'm new but enjoy reading all the posts and hope to learn a thing or two.
    Just started working out. I started working out one hour every four nights a week. I'm on my fourth week and I'm very discouraged. I've gained weight and can barely get into my jeans. :( I will keep trying. I want to be able to wear a pair of shorts this summer without being embarrassed. Any group suggestions would be appreciated.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Made a trip to the co-op to get horse feed that they told me last week would be in yesterday. Today she told me it would be in this afternoon or tomorrow. That is two trips so far and I still don't have the feed. I really wanted to get it today since it is supposed to rain again tomorrow. Need to get some more steps in today. Doing well on food so far.

Brenda - I am north of Seattle near Snohomish. Welcome!

Margaret - Gorgeous flowers!

Beth - Glad you got a diagnosis on the knee.

Pip - Hope there is nothing wrong with Bullwinkle.

Katla - Glad you are getting all of the raccoon mess cleaned up finally. Yay for you!!! How little were the people who showed up to do the job?

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends

I miss you ladies while I’m just too busy to read everything. I am sending love, hugs and prayers for all. You are so wonderful to post difficult life events with us.

I love the pictures. Beautiful Bea, walking way too soon. She needs to stay a baby for a few years!

Janetr, beautiful GD. I’ll bet it just seems like she was taking her first step yesterday.

NYKaren, I had hives a few years ago…well it was probably about 20 years now that I think about it…and they lasted for weeks. OMG talk about miserable. Finally on third doctor I was given an antihistamine, an anti-itch pill and told to rub down with Vaseline after every shower. Also, cool showers help. I hope yours was a short lived episode.

Sarah, sorry about your basement flooding. Hope the worst is over.

Pip, I love the pics of the Airstream, especially the kitchen.

Meg, so sorry about Benny. I know the pain.

I love all the sibling pictures. Thanks for sharing, ladies.

Margaret, thanks for the wonderful flowers. I can always count on you!

I am working daily to get all the garage sale items ready to leave the premises. I’m going to take some of the children’s clothes to the Resale Shop, Once Upon A Child. If they pay enough to make it worth my while, I’ll take more. I probably have 10 totes full. If not worth the trouble, I will let the kids clothes go with all the other clothes and items. I found a local charity that will come pick it up and they “give” directly to people in need. That is what I have been searching for.

It’s less than 2 weeks until my friend comes to go on the cruise with me. I’m getting her room ready and have to get the rest of the junk out in the next couple of days. Also have a handyman coming to replace the faucet in the guest bathroom that keeps leaking. This house is 10 years old the end of June so I guess it’s time for things to start wearing out. yuck

I will hopefully get back to reading every word and posting daily soon but at least for now I’m logging everything and think of you often.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC