NYKAREN
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    meg. I am sending strength and <3 your way. NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Meg, ((((hugs))))) What Karen in VA said.... I cannot begin to say it more eloquently. Thank you, thank you Karen. It's been an amazing week for this group. So glad we are here for each other.

Katla, cute little Nutria. Does Fish & Wildlife try to trap them along the river? Beavers often get "moved" from their ponds around here when it results in the roads being flooded. I'll never forget the time I saw one hit on the road - those guys are BIG!

Kim, we lost power this morning at about 9:15, got it back just before noon. It's still pretty blustery out there, a weather station a mile north of us recorded a 40 mph gust at around 10:30 which isn't that big of a deal, really, but continued gusts removed part of the shingles on our neighbor's house. Still gusting in the 30 mph range, but generally winds are starting to die back a little. To pass the time, DH and I raided the cupboards (avoided opening the fridge) and listened to the radio which cut out a lot since the radio station in town was also losing power.

Lanette

SW WA State - anxious to take a walk and see the wind damage but playing it safe for a while.

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Meg I am SO sorry to hear about your situation. I cannot imagine the way you must feel and how difficult it must be for you. We are here for you and will be a support to you on this journey. I am very glad you felt safe to share this and you have my deepest respect <3
    Margaret/Katia/Karen I know we don't know each other well, but your kind words are those of a true friend, thank you <3
    Lenora Wow what a stressful experience regarding the insurance story
    Leigh Thank you for listening and you are very smart to have things organized and written down. I need to do that too. I thought having a will was enough...

We are such an amazing group and I am so honored to be able to witness the difficult stories as well as the tremendous success stories.

Thank you.

Sarah.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Meg~ so sorry to hear of all this mess. We are here for you always and please know I am keeping you and your husband and Benny in my prayers..
    have the weekend off, but my DB asked me to watch Faith tomorrow night so they can go to a concert...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    <3Meg, I wish I could give you hugs in person. The trauma of your husband's trouble and and Benny's declining health are huge burdens. I hope you will stay in the moment and find ways to soothe yourself.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Katla is that a beaver or a woodchuck? We only had a woodchuck once and did he/she do a lot of damage. We dd recently have a wild turkey.

:heart: Margaret
  • KimK2009
    KimK2009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Having a really rough day today (mood-wise). We left for a quick trip to Orlando/Tampa on Saturday for spring break. So, eating out all three meals each day. We returned last night. I weighed this morning and gained 3 pounds! I did my best to make good food choices (the options were not very good, but I tried to adjust the best that I could). I walked around Universal and Islands of Adventure for hours, logging over 12,000 steps each day. So, today I have rebelled a little, I know, childish, but I'm very disappointed. Tomorrow I'll start again, but, you know, I'm bummed. It makes me think that I'll never be able to eat the foods I like again.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's comments on this thread. But, I'm only on page 9, looks like I've got a lot more to read to catch up.

KimK - Augusta, GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Margaret I think Katla said it was a Nutria. I've never seen one in person.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Nobody does anything about the Nutria. We had a huge population of them several years ago & then didn't see them again until recently. My favorites here are the river otters, although they do sometimes get into people's boats and cause damage. I could happily do without raccoons because they cause so much property damage. All three animals are here on the river and we have beavers, too. I haven't seen a beaver recently but there was one here last summer. Sea Lions visit during the salmon runs and they are noisy and nasty. :grumble:

Dr. Katie: Congratulations on the massive cleanup and trip to the laundromat. :bigsmile:

Margaret: The critter in the photo is a nutria. Nutrias are South American rodents that were brought in to the US as a source of fur for fur coats in the 1950's or thereabouts. Nutria never caught on & fur coats in general fell from fashion so the breeders turned their nutria loose on an unprotected ecosystem. They're herbivores & I've read they're a problem in Oregon and Louisiana. I'm not sure where else. (I read up on them because they're a problem in my yard.) :ohwell:

KimK from Augusta GA: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

We had a wild windstorm this morning and it has calmed down. No damage at our house and the lights stayed on here. The gym was closed due to a power outage so I missed yoga. :grumble: Tomorrow I've got a riding lesson and I'm looking forward to it. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm working-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 14.59min, 142mhr, 11.7amph, 2.9mi = 128c
    apple watch- 101c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 40min, 166fl, lvl7-8, 66-78steps per min, 149mhr = 364c
    apple watch- 365c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 6.36min, 142mhr, 12.9amph, 1.4mi = 89c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.54min, 9.39min mi, 156mhr, .5mi = 64c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.49min, 10.04min mi, 149mhr, .4mi = 69c
    Apple Watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 22.54min, 6.9amph, 20mph WINDS, 157mhr, 2.6mi = 270c
    apple watch- 156c

total cal 984
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Meg, I am so sorry for all you are going through. As a fellow nurse I have always looked up to you for your strength and knowledge. It drives me crazy when I would be presented with a situation that as a nurse, I couldn't fix. Your part right now is to just love him and provide forgiveness. I hope your group therapy is helping you realize that this was nothing wrong in your love and marriage to him. Hugs to Benny beagle.

Ginger, I need a 12 step process and ASAP! I am sitting here typing on my lap top, my phone has April the giraffe and my iPad ahs TinnyKittens. They are an agency that take care of feral cats, take care of them, befriend them then capture them, provide vet care, spay and neuter and then release them. But sometimes they get a pregnant cat who needs medical care. Right now I am watching Evolene, a precious very pregnant cat who is in labor. Her first kitty is breech. Now on the live feed, the chat says that during the breech birth the tail somehow came off and will be repaired. But right now I am just watching this poor Momma cat in labor trying to give birth to this kitty. For some reason the live feed stopped so I watched this video. Momma cat is just looking at the vet like 'help me'!!!!

Michelle and I went shopping today and got some over the hill stuff for Christina's birthday tomorrow. Her boss offered her $100 for her birthday but she told him she does his book and knows he can't afford that so they agreed on $70. He also changed her hours from 20/week to 30. I hope that allows her to stop looking for another job.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
    did I mention the heavy *kitten* bag!!???? about 18pounds...thanks Y!