so hungryyyyyyyyyyy

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just going to put it out there, but eat more fat. Full fat yogurt, avocado, nuts.

For example, low-fat yogurt contains a lot more sugar to replace the missing fat. Sugar won't keep you feeling full, but eating a portion of full fat yogurt instead should keep the hunger at bay for longer.

ETA Ok, just read a bit more of the thread and it seems you have quite a few things to balance. Is your problem with dairy lactose, if so can you still have things like goats milk/cheese/yogurt? As a replacement. Also, there is a Low-carb group here who might be able to help you a bit more. I noticed you mentioned gall bladder problems and I'm sure that was discussed in this group as well. Also, people dealing with diabetes and using Low carb to help. I'll come back with the link, but I really think you could get help with your specific requirements.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Even if you join to have a read through all the information on the launch pad. You might find information or tips you hadn't thought of.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    VictoriousBeauty Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I read another post where you mentioned you were aiming for a 2 pound a week weight lost. Since you're hungry consider adjusting it to 1 pound or 0.5 pounds and see how you feel :) you'll be able to eat more food.

Thanks for your reply, I dont know how to adjust it, but I have over 200 lbs to lose and need to lose it as fast as safely possible as I need brain surgery
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Just going to put it out there, but eat more fat. Full fat yogurt, avocado, nuts.

For example, low-fat yogurt contains a lot more sugar to replace the missing fat. Sugar won't keep you feeling full, but eating a portion of full fat yogurt instead should keep the hunger at bay for longer.

ETA Ok, just read a bit more of the thread and it seems you have quite a few things to balance. Is your problem with dairy lactose, if so can you still have things like goats milk/cheese/yogurt? As a replacement. Also, there is a Low-carb group here who might be able to help you a bit more. I noticed you mentioned gall bladder problems and I'm sure that was discussed in this group as well. Also, people dealing with diabetes and using Low carb to help. I'll come back with the link, but I really think you could get help with your specific requirements.

Thanks for your reply, I cant eat a lot of fat as I have gallbladder issues, if I up it too much I am in agony plus realistically would have less food as a result too as fat is more calorific Not good on any dairy. Thanks look forward to links
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I've never had my diary open and never will because I knew what I was unable to eat outweighed the foods I could eat. No one could tell me, I'd do better eating this or that because it was well and truly ruled out by my intolerances. When you combine salicylate and hystamine intolerances it leaves very little for one to eat. I have read of mast cell activation and my heart goes out to you.

I'm in the UK too and I've not been fortunate with the doctors I've encountered. I've mostly had to plough my own furrow working my way back to health. Recently I discovered some probiotics and digestive enzymes which really help me, probiotics which did not aggravate the histamine and enzymes to take down the polyphenols. There are those of us who by no fault of our own do not conform to the usual.

All the very best to you from someone who knows a little of what you are going through.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I've never had my diary open and never will because I knew what I was unable to eat outweighed the foods I could eat. No one could tell me, I'd do better eating this or that because it was well and truly ruled out by my intolerances. When you combine salicylate and hystamine intolerances it leaves very little for one to eat. I have read of mast cell activation and my heart goes out to you.

I'm in the UK too and I've not been fortunate with the doctors I've encountered. I've mostly had to plough my own furrow working my way back to health. Recently I discovered some probiotics and digestive enzymes which really help me, probiotics which did not aggravate the histamine and enzymes to take down the polyphenols. There are those of us who by no fault of our own do not conform to the usual.

All the very best to you from someone who knows a little of what you are going through.

Thanks for replying, oh my I react to histamines too and they think salicylates but like you say its too limiting Am on probiotics and considering adding in a digestive enzyme as I have lot stomach acid, got to add one thing at a time to know what is helping
    ahh yeah us unique gems is how I refer to us on a good day, on a bad day I refer to myself as an oddbod ;-)
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »

Thanks for replying, oh my I react to histamines too and they think salicylates but like you say its too limiting Am on probiotics and considering adding in a digestive enzyme as I have lot stomach acid, got to add one thing at a time to know what is helping
    ahh yeah us unique gems is how I refer to us on a good day, on a bad day I refer to myself as an oddbod ;-)
    God bless you
    xoxox

if you have a lot of stomach acid you need to see a gastroenterologist and see what is causing it(h-pylori,NSAIDS,alcohol(doubt this is your cause) and several other issues can all cause excessive acid. digestive enzymes I know for me help me to digest my food due to my one health issue, but it does nothing for the extra acid my stomach produces.I had to have a scope down to rule things out that causes it. I ended up with gastritis because of the excess acid, and am on meds for it. its slowly getting better.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    thanks for your reply, I think I have very little stomach acid, not too much
    was advised a while ago for digestive enzymes but suggestion came with several others, and I want to know if what I add in is helping so want to add one thing at a time to be sure
    I was put on meds a couple months ago, not sure exactly what for, my memory is shocking so, might be worth checking that first but, not helped much :blush:
    God bless you
    xoxox
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You were eating something to gain the weight you can eat that same thing just a bit less of it to lose the weight. 2lbs might be too agressive better to aim at 1lb and do it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    was advised a while ago for digestive enzymes but suggestion came with several others, and I want to know if what I add in is helping so want to add one thing at a time to be sure
    I was put on meds a couple months ago, not sure exactly what for, my memory is shocking so, might be worth checking that first but, not helped much :blush:
    God bless you
    xoxox

only way to know its to get a scope done.Im glad I got mine done though. I was having such stomach issues and couldnt understand why. now I do.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    You were eating something to gain the weight you can eat that same thing just a bit less of it to lose the weight. 2lbs might be too agressive better to aim at 1lb and do it.

Thanks for your reply, I am eating less, just not losing weight, one week I lose the next I gain. Considering keto coffee for breakfast but, not sure how my body will cope with the coffee and fat https://draxe.com/recipe/keto-coffee-recipe/ only trying will tell, but not today as woke late due to a rough night so early lunch
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    God bless you
    xoxox

only way to know its to get a scope done.Im glad I got mine done though. I was having such stomach issues and couldnt understand why. now I do.

Thanks for replying. I am glad you got to the cause of yours, sadly a scope isnt safe for me due to a genetic condition as risk the scope will rupture however, doctor is sure its MCAD which makes sense, and fits the picture its just working the plan of food I can cope with out, to keep retrying in smaller quantities, or to let that food go Recommencing ketogenic when I return from my sisters funeral but, first need to use the meals carers have frozen for me

Baby steps

God bless you
    xoxox
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, I am eating less, just not losing weight, one week I lose the next I gain. Considering keto coffee for breakfast but, not sure how my body will cope with the coffee and fat https://draxe.com/recipe/keto-coffee-recipe/ only trying will tell, but not today as woke late due to a rough night so early lunch
    xoxox

Sounds like you might benefit from this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

Add medical conditions in to a process that already experiences several natural fluctuations, and consistency and patience become all the more important when it comes to gauging results. Don't assume a particular food or calorie level is causing you to gain weight based a a few weeks of data.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    God bless you
    xoxox

Thanks for replying. I am glad you got to the cause of yours, sadly a scope isnt safe for me due to a genetic condition as risk the scope will rupture however, doctor is sure its MCAD which makes sense, and fits the picture its just working the plan of food I can cope with out, to keep retrying in smaller quantities, or to let that food go Recommencing ketogenic when I return from my sisters funeral but, first need to use the meals carers have frozen for me

Baby steps

God bless you
    xoxox

yes but keto is low carb high fat.if you have gallbladder issues(or dont have one I cant remember if you said) then high fat is going to make you miserable. I would do low carb, moderate fat and protein. you dont have to be keto low in carbs,but anything under 150g is low carb.keto is under 50 net grams. its going to be hard for you to find a way or eating due to all your health issues,which I feel for you.talk to your doctor and see if they can find a registered dietitian who can work with you and help you figure out how to work things out food wise(if you havent done this already). there has to be something out there you can do without suffering one way or another.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

xoxox

Sounds like you might benefit from this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

Add medical conditions in to a process that already experiences several natural fluctuations, and consistency and patience become all the more important when it comes to gauging results. Don't assume a particular food or calorie level is causing you to gain weight based a a few weeks of data.

Thanks so much, am bushed so will read tomorrow

God bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    God bless you
    xoxox

Baby steps

God bless you
    xoxox

yes but keto is low carb high fat.if you have gallbladder issues(or dont have one I cant remember if you said) then high fat is going to make you miserable. I would do low carb, moderate fat and protein. you dont have to be keto low in carbs,but anything under 150g is low carb.keto is under 50 net grams. its going to be hard for you to find a way or eating due to all your health issues,which I feel for you.talk to your doctor and see if they can find a registered dietitian who can work with you and help you figure out how to work things out food wise(if you havent done this already). there has to be something out there you can do without suffering one way or another.

Thanks, trouble is nothing is sustainable, that is why my GP doesnt go at me as she gets that I cant low carb high fat, I cant eat typical western diet, and low carb low fat moderate protein means I am around 900 cals a day

Hopefully will find a way

Keep persevering

God bless you
    xoxox
  • jerb00
    jerb00 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your sister.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I read another post where you mentioned you were aiming for a 2 pound a week weight lost. Since you're hungry consider adjusting it to 1 pound or 0.5 pounds and see how you feel :) you'll be able to eat more food.

Thanks for your reply, I dont know how to adjust it, but I have over 200 lbs to lose and need to lose it as fast as safely possible as I need brain surgery
    xoxox

Hi Victorious,

I've been following along here, and it certainly sounds as if you are going through some struggles.

If you need to lose the weight for brain surgery, and you need to lose it quickly, it seems to me that your doctor should have you working with closely with a dietitian to accomplish this. It seems to me you basically said upstream that the doctor and dietitians don't know how to help you with your weight loss journey, but if it's for surgery they have a duty to help you because the risk of losing weight is less than the risk of staying obese and not being able to have surgery.