Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• Peanutcat98
    Peanutcat98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2 Hi everyone, I am a fellow shortie and I am just starting out on this new challenge in my life, to lose the weight. I am 182 lbs (yikes) and I just want to feel lighter and have more energy. I do have Fibromyalgia and some of the medicines that I take,are known to increase appetite. What would be a good way to tackle this weight loss? and those that have been successful,how did you do it? At the moment it all seems so daunting.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    5'2 Hi everyone, I am a fellow shortie and I am just starting out on this new challenge in my life, to lose the weight. I am 182 lbs (yikes) and I just want to feel lighter and have more energy. I do have Fibromyalgia and some of the medicines that I take,are known to increase appetite. What would be a good way to tackle this weight loss? and those that have been successful,how did you do it? At the moment it all seems so daunting.

I'm 5'3 and started at 181lbs!

I'm currently at 135lbs and my goal is 120. I've always been big and have never been a healthy weight let alone slim. I know how daunting it is! But what honestly helped me was setting myself little goals. For example, my current goal is to get into the 120's! 5lbs to go. It doesn't seem so scary when you think of it in terms of mini goals.

My success has literally only been down to calorie counting. I use a food scale and weigh everything! I have a Fitbit and eat my exercise calories back (about 1/2 or 3/4). If you go over or have a bad day, just move on! Don't dwell over it and pick yourself back up as soon as possible. Slow and steady wins the race! Good luck on your journey :smile:

• metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4/5'5 depending on who measures me!

I started at about 209 :( (I have only just worked that out!) I'm at 176(ish) the now.

I would love to get down to about 150 (I'd even take 160).

At the moment I hit a plateau due to a serious shorn fracture on my ankle, I had a trampoline accident :sweat_smile:
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5' 2 3/4"...but I think I'm shrinking a bit. I'm 47 and have been losing the same 15-20 pounds all of my adult life. I'm currently at 160 having lost 8-10 since the holidays. I can usually get down to 155 then I falter and gain it back. The smallest I've been since having kids is 130 and everyone told me I looked sick so my goal weight is actually about 140-145 at this point in my life. I've never been small. I've always been very athletic and muscular and even in high school I was around 125. I'm also curvy with the emphasis on the top half even when I lose weight.

And the old adage is true...the older you get the harder it is to lose it! I used to be able to drop 15 pounds by just cutting a few calories and adding some exercise. Now though, every darn pound is a struggle!

I've added in more resistance training with my cardio to help my metabolism and hopefully get rid of some back fat and arm jiggle. I'm seriously considering hiring a personal trainer but time is tight with work and kids and a new puppy coming soon.

This site is great for motivation! Thanks!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    How is everyone elses progress coming along? You are all welcome to post pictures of your success as well.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Do you shorties eat your exercise calories? I know it's harder for us to create a large deficit and I wonder who eats them back and who doesn't. I work in an office and have some extremely sedentary days so my base cals are 1200. I usually earn around 275 cals in exercise but I'm conflicted on whether or not to eat them most days.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I NEVER eat my exercise calories back. When I did, I didn't lose.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Do you shorties eat your exercise calories? I know it's harder for us to create a large deficit and I wonder who eats them back and who doesn't. I work in an office and have some extremely sedentary days so my base cals are 1200. I usually earn around 275 cals in exercise but I'm conflicted on whether or not to eat them most days.

I eat some back. Probably 1/2 - 3/4. Sometimes I eat them all. I like to leave myself a little cushion for the weekend, because Saturday is our (husband and I) play/date day, and we just eat/drink whatever without counting. So while I don't count cals on Saturdays, I like to be aware in the back of my mind that I've given myself that extra bit from eating a bit under throughout the week.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I always eat at least half mine back and I'm on 1200 too. Still losing :smile:
  • maria_clue
    maria_clue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also 5'2 (and a half) because it's super important fact. I used to be around 110~120 but going though college I'm not 140. So I'm hoping to get back down to 110. Feel free to add me I need motivation and friends!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    5'1" here. I can look okish at anything from (UK weights coming up...) 8st to 10st depending on how much i'm exercising and what kind I'm doing.
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ooh, how have I not seen this thread yet. I'm 162cm (5'3) and have transitioned from 62kg to 53kg in the past few months. While I still want to lose a few more kg, my focus is now on recomposition. Add me up, would love to exchange some ideas and you can never have too many motivated friends around.
  • AnneParker1981
    AnneParker1981 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Add me, I just joined. [post edited by MFP moderators] I'm 5" 2 trying to get to a very lean 145 I was 191.2 now I'm 150. I life lately and a little cardio in between some days
  • tasha12004
    Options
    So , I went to the doctor the other day and the doctor asked how tall I was. I told her 5'2(and a half) she said "okay , so 5'2" .... hey that half really does count ... anyways rant over.
  • jujubeans1974
    jujubeans1974 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    I'm exactly 5ft .. 42 years old
    Current Weight 145.2 pounds c37fbt9kxzwr.png

Last April had an abdominal hysterectomy " weigh 142 .. at that time .. than got diagnose with hypothyroidism .. worked with my doctors, that's under control currently... but weight went up to 151.6 ... February 6 .. got serious with tracking my intake.. and average 1644 calories daily , with 90 minutes of daily activity, nothing major .. just walking .. I hate feeling hungry .. so I eat my activity back .. will be happy at 120-125 pounds
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and at 105 I know that's small but I do not by any means look super super skinny ! Ppl tell me I'm thick still lol!
  • tasha12004
    Options
    are you trying to loose?
  • loodleyloodle
    loodleyloodle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9 and have always struggled with weight. Used to be 182 but lost loads through walking everywhere and maintained for 7 years at 108. Now 126 and really wanting to lose those 18lbs!