Evil Dairy?

Options
1235»

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Dairy is the root of all evil. No wait, money is the root of all evil. That's it. Money.

Love of money is the root of all evil. ;)

OP, maybe try it out? I'd never heard that dairy is bad before, but I don't think that going dairy-free would necessarily be harmful. Might be an interesting experiment.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    newtnest wrote: »
    I'm just looking for some insight. I've heard many people say that a person should cut out dairy. If it is organic, high quality and consumed in moderation, what is the problem? Why is it branded as "evil" lol

That's silly. Cut out dairy if you have an allergy or intolerance to it. Otherwise, eat high quality, low quality or medium quality dairy, your choice.

No food is good or bad, it's just all food.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    We don't really NEED the lactation fluids from another species. There is lots of calcium in other foods. And it might not be as good for men and their prostates ( NIH 2014 published a study linking milk, red meat, and fat to the risk for prostate cancer). Having said that, I would be hard pressed to give up my plain fat free Greek yogurt. I love the stuff. There might be something to milk producing hormones given to cows, even though my dairy farm cousins tell me it is all natural. A lot of milk products contain added sugars and saturated fat and flavorings and hard to pronounce ingredients. I don't know. I'm sticking to my mostly Mediterranean Diet without drinking milk, and I'm getting a flatter belly, but I won't give up my yogurt unless a very compelling reason is found.