Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    So I haven't been great so far at logging in daily with my goals. Yesterday I fell for the "free pizza Friday at work" so my weight went up every so slightly. Tonight will be the real challenge as a friend is in town and wants to get together for drinks. I've been saving 150 calories a day to be able to do this. I know it probably doesn't work that way, lol. Anyway, I plan on getting through tonight and then back on plan. There is a web site called Emily Bites that is really helping me recipe wise not to be so bored while doing this. Just thought I'd share. No affiliation at all. Just found she has great comfort food recipes and all the calorie info. I love that My Fitness Pal allows you to import recipes and have them analyzed and also scan your bar codes. It's making this way easier. I lost 3 lbs this week on my first week so hoping I don't undo that completely tonight.

Thanks for sharing the website! I get really bored too. I'm going to check it out.

I didn't know you could scan barcodes!! How do you do that? Is it a 3rd party app or MFP? I Have to figure out how to do that because I get very frustrated when I can't find what I'm looking for and oftentimes am in a hurry so don't take time to enter it all.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Sat
    - Be in the green - I've not logged everything yet so unsure but probAbly just over
    - Walk the dog -no
    - Find time to meditate because I really need it! - about to do it now
    - Drink a bit more fluids ... I have a 7up in my hand..
    - And sod it! Let's try get a bit of exercise in! I've not done it in front of the telly for ages!... And sod it is exactly what I thought

Something's really going on with me and I don't know what it is!
    It must be depression because some days I'm so motivated and other days I'm really not. Maybe I over do it on the days I do good? I don't even walk the dog in the morning anymore and that's not fair on him is it!
    But it just seems so crazily up and down ATM

Goals for Sunday
    - WAKE UP and be lively in the day, not zombified
    - Walk the dog, for him not myself.
    - Do some stretches in the day
    - Meditate
    - Be in the green
    - No snacks (not even Easter egg, just to reboot my body)

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

There must be something in the air! I'm struggling too and now that it's getting nice outside, I'm really going to be mad at myself if I don't get busy! My goal this year was to be able to wear cute summer clothes and not feel like a frump. Now it's getting nice outside finally and I've been such a slacker that I'm not going to meet my goal. Mad at myself today!

It's just so easy to hide under baggy sweaters all winter. I need a good kick in the *kitten*.
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Goals for Saturday

Exercise (Cycling)
    Drink More Water

Goals for Easter Sunday

DON'T be pressure by relatives to eat unhealthy food
    Log all food, water, steps

April Goals

Swim at least 2x/wk
    Cut out late night snacking

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Goals for Sat
    - Be in the green - I've not logged everything yet so unsure but probAbly just over
    - Walk the dog -no
    - Find time to meditate because I really need it! - about to do it now
    - Drink a bit more fluids ... I have a 7up in my hand..
    - And sod it! Let's try get a bit of exercise in! I've not done it in front of the telly for ages!... And sod it is exactly what I thought

Something's really going on with me and I don't know what it is!
    It must be depression because some days I'm so motivated and other days I'm really not. Maybe I over do it on the days I do good? I don't even walk the dog in the morning anymore and that's not fair on him is it!
    But it just seems so crazily up and down ATM

Goals for Sunday
    - Meditate
    - Be in the green

April Goals

There must be something in the air! I'm struggling too and now that it's getting nice outside, I'm really going to be mad at myself if I don't get busy! My goal this year was to be able to wear cute summer clothes and not feel like a frump. Now it's getting nice outside finally and I've been such a slacker that I'm not going to meet my goal. Mad at myself today!

It's just so easy to hide under baggy sweaters all winter. I need a good kick in the *kitten*.

My goal was to wear cute summer clothes too, I have a crop top I want to wear!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member

April 14 goals
    20 exercise :)
    Drink 24 ounces water :)
    Log food stay under calorie goal :)
    Grocery shop :)
    Attend Good Friday Service with family. :)

April 15
    Hours of yard work :)
    Drink water :)
    Log food. :)

April 16 goals
    Easter service. Watch the baptism of my daughter's good friends.
    Spend time with the family
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I have been missing the past couple of days - and eating horribly!! Got into easter candy - then had to go buy more because I ate it all!! Now, does that make any sense at all!! What am I thinking. So that has been how my past week has been. I'm not even going to get on the scale. So @Bex953172 - you are not the only one struggling!

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, but it is also our 40th wedding anniversary. Even though I weigh almost 40 lbs more than I did 40 years ago when we got married, I have a husband who will never tell me I am fat - he still tells me I look great (even tells me I am sexy!) ! I love him for that. No matter what I wear, he tells me I look nice, even though I don't always feel it. I wish more than anything my weight was down 20 more lbs - that was my goal when I started this journey in January (actually January of last year!!).

But, I feel healthy, and I am still here on this earth. So I am thankful for that.

So my goals for tomorrow are simple
    1. don't worry about what I eat. Don't obsess over it. Just enjoy the day, and try to make healthy choices for my health, not for how I look.
    2. enjoy the day with my husband and our daughter. We are all she has, and it is Easter. We will all 3 enjoy each other, have a quiet dinner, and get outside and enjoy nature, or just each others company
    3. be thankful for the meaning of easter. Easter always symbolizes a fresh start - starting anew.
    4. Get back on track - keep the water bottle with me --- get rid of ALL that easter candy!!

I hope each of you has a very blessed and happy easter. I am so very thankful for all of you that join me on this journey. Breaking habits is hard to do, but one habit at a time, one day at a time!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2017

My goal was to wear cute summer clothes too, I have a crop top I want to wear!

I am in the same boat as you guys!! In January, I knew we were exhibiting at a show in Chicago - the same time as our 40th wedding anniversary! I wanted to wear a cute dress, buy a sexy nitegown for our 40th anniversary, wear some cute shorts. Here I am - 13 lbs lighter, but still 30 more pounds than I wanted to be.

But rather than be mad at ourselves, we have to tell ourselves that tomorrow is a new day. I know for me, if I don't keep going, instead of 30 over, I would be 50 over. So .... we are doing something .... even if it maintaining.

I am going to be gone for a week, but in that week, I am going to try my hardest to just concentrate on healthy eating and drinking water. We can all do this! ! So lets all keep going - and keep encouraging each other as well. We are all going to look and feel fabulous in December for Christmas parties, get together, etc!!!!

• Bex953172
    Awh going to miss you Joan!
    See you in a week :)
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    shenna333 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Hope you all have been well. The Realtor is showing the house again, so the freak out has begun. With seven of us and all of everyone's crap, wadded into my small home, I somehow think every breathing moment of work will turn it into show house lol. Reality is, it's all I can do to keep the sink clear and the toilet clean hahaha. The more I try to present "normal" the less my family cares.... So this week, I have set no goals and eaten everything in sight. Against my better judgement, stepped on the scale this morning. It must be defective. For the first time in years, I am in the 140's!!! Really the morale booster I needed. I hope you all have an excellent holiday weekend, I look forward to catching up on posts soon. See y'all midweek lol <3

Awesome job on losing weight! Having to keep the house ready to show is always extremely stressful. Keep up the great work!
  • dph118
    @OConnell5483, @Bex953172, @joan6630
    Holidays are always the worst! It seems like temptation is around every corner. Just remember to take it a day at a time, which is what I love about this discussion thread by the way. I find it very helpful to only look at the current day and not so much at the large number that is the difference between my current weight and my goal weight. It will happen, we just need to focus on making those small changes that make such a huge difference in our behavior.

Hope you all have a Happy Easter!
    Diana
  • dph118
    Saturday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water. :smile: Managed to do it and resist the urge to indulge in Easter candy!
    2. Get those steps in. :smile: Just barely, but I made it!
    3. Do some stretching exercises. :smile:
    4. Go shopping for a pram. :smiley: Found the perfect pram for my new grandson, but boy is it expensive! Guess I will start spoiling him before he even arrives! LOL!
    5. Take a long walk/hike today. It is a beautiful day! :smile: Not exactly the long walk I had envisioned. I should have gone out in the morning when it was gorgeous, instead we didn't walk till after we had gone shopping and the day turned out to be rainy. Still, took a walk in the rain and managed to get my exercise in for the day.

Sunday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water.
    2. Meet step goal.
    3. Do some stretching exercises.
    4. Do one other kind of exercise.
    5. Spend quality time with the family.

Have a wonderful Easter!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Diana and Joan, you are both so right!!! I need to remember why started this journey...ultimately it was for my health. I hit the 5-year cancer free mark this month and that is my main goal. To detox my body and have a whole bunch more years like that! The clothes are just a bonus! And instead of being ready to throw in the towel, I need to really make realistic and important DAILY goals for myself. I think I do try to do that, because my goals are really things I try to do every day, but maybe I need to just focus a couple for each area I am trying to improve. Body, mind and spirit.

I cannot even tell you how much I appreciate this whole group! Every time I'm feeling discouraged, I log into this thread and there is something someone posted that either cheers me up, makes me laugh (Bex haha!) or makes a lightbulb go on in my brain.

Today is a perfect day to rethink and renew my true goals for this journey! Happy Easter everyone! Sending you hugs! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Saturday
    1. Go to granddaughter's 18th birthday party and try to make sensible choices. :) For the most part I did. My daughter had food she bought for my low carb, protein focused diet so that helped A LOT!! I still had a piece of birthday cake and I'm not going to beat myself up over it because it was a small piece and my granddaughter only turns 18 once! Still gotta live, right?
    2. Stay in the green :p I was doing fantastic until I decided I should eat Pistacchio nuts and honey-roasted peanuts for dinner. Wow.
    3. Walk outside and get my steps in if it doesn't rain (pretty gray out there) :D It was in the 70's in Green Bay yesterday! I didn't go for a walk, but I did walk around our yard for a few hours picking up sticks and stuff that was buried under snow all winter, so I got a lot of bending and squats in! So, I'm counting that as a win.
    4. Rest this afternoon. Feel a little feverish so not going to beat myself up trying to clean or shop. Just going to rest and read maybe today. :) Read some of a "Stephanie Plum" book I got from the library. Read it outside in the backyard, listening to the chimes and birds. Was a really peaceful time. Then came inside and watched a couple movies.

Just for Sunday/Easter:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Take a walk outside on this gorgeous day
    3. WATER
    4. Declutter the kitchen and the office
    5. Make my husband a wonderful meal and let him know how much I appreciate him.
    6. Be grateful for another day
    7. Lead by example, using gratitude and positivity around my family.

I will NOT:
    1. Eat sweets
    2. Waste the day feeling discouraged
    3. Sit on my butt all day

This week I will:
    1. Begin to write down stressors when I encounter them. Start a list, so I can....
    2. Look at the list of stressors to determine what I can change and what I need to just accept.
    3. Look at list of things I can change and start writing out baby steps how to change them.
  • Bex953172
    Goals for Sunday
    - Meditate
    - Be in the green

Is it Opposite Day of something, I literally did non of my Sunday goals! All I've ate all day is chocolate and a spag Bol.. with pasta rather than zoodles.
    I've had one glass of juice
    I was not in the green or walked the dog (poor sod)

So that's my conclusion, today is Opposite Day.. and you best all agree with me :sweat_smile:

I'll post Monday goals tomorrow morning
    Night all x

April Goals

• PackerFanInGB
    Goals for Sunday
    - Meditate
    - Be in the green

Is it Opposite Day of something, I literally did non of my Sunday goals! All I've ate all day is chocolate and a spag Bol.. with pasta rather than zoodles.
    I've had one glass of juice
    I was not in the green or walked the dog (poor sod)

So that's my conclusion, today is Opposite Day.. and you best all agree with me :sweat_smile:

I'll post Monday goals tomorrow morning
    Night all x

LOL! Maybe it IS opposite day! I actually took a walk and cleaned the house! Ask my husband and he'll tell you that is very unusual for me on a Sunday in general, let alone on Easter Sunday! :wink:
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    April 16 goals
    Easter service. Watch the baptism of my daughter's good friends. :)
    Spend time with the family :)

April 17
    Exercise 20 minutes
    24 ounces water
    7000 steps
    Log food and stay under goal
  • air103
    air103 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2017
    My day 1 - April 17:
    Eat salad
    Go to gym class
    Weigh myself and take first day photos so I can see my results!
    Log my food!
  • mfreetofly2017
    mfreetofly2017 Posts: 8 Member
    @Oconnell5483 I'm not sure how to replay directly to someone's post. I scan the bar code through the MFP app. When you click to add food, and choose your course (dinner, for example) there is a bar code icon in the upper right corner. Just click on that icon and you can scan bar codes.

Today's goals met and not met:
    1.) Stay below 1200 calories (yes)
    2.) Make some snacks and meals ahead to reheat this next week (yes)
    3.) No alcohol (yes) although I almost caved and had one glass of wine when I had left over calories
    4.) 10,000 steps (no, I had 9,700, ugh)

Monday's goals:

1.) Stay below 1200 calories
    2.) No alcohol
    3.) 10,000 steps
    4.) Save calories for husband's birthday coming up
  • Bex953172
    So I said I'd post my goals this morning.
    I've already walked the dog and I took a picture because I know you all love to see a picture :sweat_smile:
    6B72A998-13BF-4BA9-98D5-B24A4C8E406E_zpsaa3yvqgg.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Goals for Monday
    - walk the dog! Done!
    - Stay within 1200 cals
    - Exercise tonight
    - Meditate
    - Drink plenty today and only drink herbal teas!

Started today off well!
    Let's hope I keep it up!

April Goals