Are there any protein bars that don't taste like a stick of chalk?

Because if there are I'd really like to know

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I like the quest cookies and cream and vanilla almond flavors the best... These aren't the most popular, but I like them way better than the others. The cookie and almond bits seem to help with the texture.

But really? Like, actually delicious? Actually a healthy candy bar? No. Lies. All lies.

2016-05-06-09-29-mars_cropped_80.jpg

Have you actually tried them?
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Oh Yeah ONE Birthday Cake and Almond Bliss. Also the Grenade ones are pretty awesome as well. FitJoy has a few good flavors - the best being their Christmas/Holiday selection which includes Peppermint Bark and Gingerbread Cookie.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Smart forLife from Costco or on line.
    They are more like a rice crispy square covered in chocolate.
    About 20g protein for under 200 cals.

Premier are cake like with little crunch balls in them. Mint is good.
    About 30g protein for 300 cals.

Cheers, h.

• Jockamo319
    Jockamo319 Posts: 22 Member
    Oh Yeah ONE Birthday Cake and Almond Bliss. Also the Grenade ones are pretty awesome as well. FitJoy has a few good flavors - the best being their Christmas/Holiday selection which includes Peppermint Bark and Gingerbread Cookie.

Peppermint Bark protein bars --- sign me up!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Another vote for One Yeah One birthday cake bars here. I also enjoy the coconut almond ones, too.
    I know this isn't a bar, but Lenny and Larry''s Lemon Poppyseed cookies are quite nice, too, imho.
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    I like the Power Bar protien bars. My favorite is the Peanut Butter Caramel. Reminds me of a snickers. The Vanilla ones are nasty tho!
  • planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    I eat the ones from ALDI several days a week. Greek Yogurt, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Strawberry. They offer 10g protein and are pretty balanced. They taste good. I am not too fond of the super protein bars, the ones that are closer to 20g. For protein loading I drink a Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter shake with offers 30g per scoop and little if any fat or carb. Of course the price from ALDI is pretty good. https://www.aldi.us/en/grocery-home/aldi-brands/fit-active/pantry-items/pantry-detail/ps/p/fit-active-strawberry-protein-meal-bars/