People who say cardio is "too boring" are full of crap

[soapbox] It drives me nuts when people claim they don't do cardio because it's just too boring. If sitting on a couch watching TV/movies isn't too boring for you then how can running on a treadmill/riding a stationary bike/etc. while watching the exact same TV/movies be too boring?

You aren't doing cardio because it's too hard or you don't enjoy sweating or whatever, not because it's too boring. If you don't want to do cardio then don't, just be honest with yourself. [/soapbox]

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Cardio is boring. I also don't sit on the couch for hours watching TV/movies (except football season. All bets are off during football season).

Everyone has different things they find "fun," OP. Your way isn't the only right way.

If you don't do it because it isn't "fun" that sounds honest. You didn't say it was boring.
  • mburgess458
    Disagree.

I HATE cardio. It is BORING. I speak of regular cardio such as treadmill running/jogging, elliptical, bike.

Do you watch TV/movies/Netflix/whatever?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    riiiiiiight...
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Disagree.

I HATE cardio. It is BORING. I speak of regular cardio such as treadmill running/jogging, elliptical, bike.

Do you watch TV/movies/Netflix/whatever?

Netflix - no.

TV/movies occasionally
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Cardio is boring. I also don't sit on the couch for hours watching TV/movies (except football season. All bets are off during football season).

Everyone has different things they find "fun," OP. Your way isn't the only right way.

If you don't do it because it isn't "fun" that sounds honest. You didn't say it was boring.

semantics
    pedantic
  • mburgess458
    I'm not trying to bash someone who doesn't like cardio. Please explain how doing X while sitting on the couch can be less boring than doing X while running?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    If someone finds something boring, who am I to tell them otherwise. Not sure why you are letting other people drive you nuts as you say, in the end we are all different. You do you :)