True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am scared of being too fat to fly this summer and maybe getting kicked off the plane.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I confess I despise being called "handsome".
    Like nails up and down a chalk board. I have always considered it a "you're cute" comment. Like "hey you're a 5.5-6.5-ish but there are better options out there."

To further compound my spite for this label the first time I let a woman call me this openly she broke my heart into a million pieces.

So now every time someone calls me that it reminds me of her and reopens a wound.

The end.

Oh, sad sad. Telling someone they look handsome is one of my favorite compliments to give men (whom I have the right rapport with). I don't think it's on the same level as "cute". Cute is for boys, handsome is for men.

Hearing handsome = "You're good looking for a not hot guy."

Ducky was handsome.

Oh no! I use handsome to describe good looking guys I'd date...hope no one took it as "not hot"

Me too :(
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Like nails up and down a chalk board. I have always considered it a "you're cute" comment. Like "hey you're a 5.5-6.5-ish but there are better options out there."

To further compound my spite for this label the first time I let a woman call me this openly she broke my heart into a million pieces.

So now every time someone calls me that it reminds me of her and reopens a wound.

The end.

Oh, sad sad. Telling someone they look handsome is one of my favorite compliments to give men (whom I have the right rapport with). I don't think it's on the same level as "cute". Cute is for boys, handsome is for men.

Ducky was handsome.

Oh no! I use handsome to describe good looking guys I'd date...hope no one took it as "not hot"

Yes, exactly.

And to add to my original comment....As a woman, I'd rather be called beautiful than hot. Because beautiful encompasses more than just physical attractiveness, it also encompasses character. The male equivalent to beautiful, in my eyes, is handsome.

Someone who is good looking but an *kitten*, is not handsome.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

The end.

^^^not true...but @Vikka_V is correct ..no judgement here..if you feel that way thats you. I will definitely be more mindful when I try to pay you a compliment.. :*
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I confess I sometimes wonder if by responding to people on a thread called "true confessions don't judge" I am kinda judging, just by posting a reply and giving my opinion about their confession.

This confuses me a bit, lol. I am now looking up the word judge and I can't decide. I think it may be a bit judgey, even tho I don't mean any harm.

You are not alone in thinking this.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I confess I sometimes wonder if by responding to people on a thread called "true confessions don't judge" I am kinda judging, just by posting a reply and giving my opinion about their confession.

This confuses me a bit, lol. I am now looking up the word judge and I can't decide. I think it may be a bit judgey, even tho I don't mean any harm.

I judge; I damn sure do.

Somebody has to, right?

If nobody judged, everybody would do everything.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I judge; I damn sure do.

Somebody has to, right?

Real Biblical *kitten*.
    Dogs and cats living together.
    Mass hysteria.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I judge; I damn sure do.

Somebody has to, right?

Real Biblical *kitten*.
    Dogs and cats living together.
    Mass hysteria.

right?

somebody needs to keep these damn kids in check.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I judge; I damn sure do.

Somebody has to, right?

lol
    I'm glad you stepped up to the plate! Someone's gotta take one for the team!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I judge; I damn sure do.

Somebody has to, right?

lol

don't laugh....

I was specifically thinking of you when I typed that.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I confess...I may have eaten treats that were meant for tomorrow my official treat day :(
    I was staaaarving :s
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I judge; I damn sure do.

Somebody has to, right?

lol

don't laugh....

I was specifically thinking of you when I typed that.

lol again!...

judge away! I do what I want :smile:

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Hubby outta town for 4 days and I'm Lovin the break :grimace:
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hubby outta town for 4 days and I'm Lovin the break :grimace:

I know that feeling!
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I'm on board with not being thrilled with being called "handsome". It's different if it's used as an adjective, that's a little better. Handsome is usually the polite way to tell a man he's not hideous....."oh don't listen to them, you're handsome" kind of thing. Definitely the cookie cutter response that a man will feel not meant went into commenting on my looks. Kind of like "yeah, you're pretty" to a woman. No real thought, just a pat on the back. Not a horrible thing, but used so commonly that when I look around and see who's getting called handsome, I'm thinking ok, that's everybody, not really impressed.

It's when someone says to me "hey handsome" that my skin crawls. Might as well just say hey sport.....champ.... big guy......chief......any irrelevant name that someone may dole out that has a somewhat condescending reference to a positive meaning.

There is nothing wrong with being described as handsome, just like being said you are pretty to a woman is not bad either. But me personally, if I were to find a woman attractive, pretty is only used in describing a specific thing, pretty smile, type thing......not just the casual brush over compliment that is reserved for everyone.....;)

Ok first thing first, I'm guilty of using handsome and big guy but I would never say you're beautiful or pretty. I would say you're handsome. And before you torch me let me explain.

Handsome to me means:

A) Manly
    B) Masculin
    C) Muscular
    D) Scars or a nose that has obviously been broken
    E) Dark features
    F) 5'o clock shade

When I say a guy is handsome what I'm saying is that I'm attracted to him and that he has that sexy, manly thing going for him. I would personally never be attracted to a man I'd call beautiful or pretty.. To me, those types are slimy and there's a certain look about them that makes me skin crawl.

I like handsome, manly men.

This is what I'd call beautiful:
    d5ed500fd0dd35bfe88420c6d83bf409.jpg

We actually have a name for guys that look like that, it's smjörpungur or buttery balls.. I can't stand that perfect look. It freaks me out and is uncanny.

And in terms of endearments,
    big guy = I like your body it's muscular and manly and I find it attractive

I like handsome guys. They're rough around the edges and that's extremely sexy

So there.. set me on fire now.

Love it! :joy:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

The end.

Ducky was handsome.

Would you rather hear "damn you fine!!!" LOL
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I confess I have no idea how to compliment a man now.

Sheeshh you and me both .. :/