Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 Hi! Welcome! The Half Size Me webinar you mention...is that a Podcast? I recently started listening to a few a day at work or when I walk, and most of them are inspirational and I really am hooked on them now. Wondering if this is another one I should try?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Thank you Joan for inviting me to this thread!

So happy you found us Saragirl2!! Welcome back!

I'm like you - lost, then gained some back. But it helps me so much getting on here everyday. The weight comes on so easy, but it takes a long time, and committment, to get it off. But ..... we can do it!!!

I may check out the Listen to Half Size Me Webinar!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I'd like to join you all regularly. I was a lurker/occasional contributor on the old thread. My goals may be little, but just completing one thing right a day is a winner spirits wise.

Welcome!! So glad you are joining us!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Saragirl2 Hi! Welcome! The Half Size Me webinar you mention...is that a Podcast? I recently started listening to a few a day at work or when I walk, and most of them are inspirational and I really am hooked on them now. Wondering if this is another one I should try?

What kinds of things to do you listen to? I need to find some that are motivational? Could you share?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »

Well, I was dreading getting on the scale this morning, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was down another 1.6 pounds this week! I would love to lose another 4 to 5 pounds by my husband's birthday on 15 May.

Great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap T 4/25
    1) Keep total net calories w/i 100 of daily goal = yay -4 :smiley:
    2) Drink at least 8 c. water (hard to do when performing fieldwork, can't carry water with me) = 9 :smile:
    3) Floss = yes Day 3 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = nope, not even close :s

Just for today W 4/26 - rainy weather moving in, hair appt. after work, so no dog walk :/
    1) Total net calories w/i 100 of daily goal
    2) Finish three things on to-do list in evening
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have so much to catch up on! Welcome to all new joiners! I love how we inspire each other - and I know for me, getting on here keeps me focused! So thank you all for all the inspiration, new ideas, etc! By the end of this year, think of how great we are all doing to feel!! We can do this!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Life has really been getting in the way of my morning goal-setting lately. I've been doing pretty well at setting and complying with them in my head though. :)

Today I am working from my parents' house (an hour and a half away from where I live) because my dad had something urgent to do in another city and my mom can't be left alone. She has some kind of serious heart issue going on and is in the process of getting a diagnosis...but she is getting worse, so we don't want to leave her alone for a whole day. This aging parents thing is not for the faint of heart. I am really missing having siblings around to help.

Wednesday:
    1. Track all food...not so easy when not at home, but there are scales and cups here, so it can be done
    2. Under 100G carbs
    3. Get to the gym, even if home late...try to shoehorn in 60 minutes of exercise...weights if too late to swim
    4. 8 cups of water
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 Best wishes for your mom! That's really hard when you are the only one nearby to help. I'm sure they are very thankful to have you, though!
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jft for 4/26
    1. Eat a healthy dinner
    2. Complete to-do list (includes this list plus additional items)
    3. Contact a friend
    4. Exercise for 15 min
    5. Write to-do list the next day
    6. Write goals for next day

I completed all of the goals!

Jft for 4/27
    1. To-do list
    2. Cardio for 20 min
    3. Eat a healthy dinner
    4. Plan dinner for the next day
    5. Write to-do list for the next day
    6. Write goals for the next day
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday 4/27/17
    1. Log Every Bite
    2. Go to Jazzercise
    3. Plan/Prepare Evening Food Right After Lunch
    4. Take a Nap
    5. One Declutter Task

Karen in Virginia
  • Smithbat
    Smithbat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    H everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining your thread.

My goals JFT 27/4/17

1. Drink only one cup of coffee and three of tea. Rest will be water or fruit tea
    2. Go for a bike ride after work when frost has gone
    3. Make lunch for work tonight instead of tomorrow morning
    4. Do not buy the sweets at work
    5. Make sure I complete over my 8k goal for steps
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

4/27
    20 minute exercise :/ Did complete my step goal for the day
    Water 24 ounces :/
    Log all food and stay under :)
    Read and study :)

Got second health test result back today. All is normal. Thank you all who helped me not get anxious while I awaited the results.

4/28
    20 minutes exercise
    Water 32 ounces
    Log all food and stay under
    Clean house
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wednesday goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300. :smile:
    2. Keep carbs under 20g. :smile:
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water. :frowning: Only got in 7, need to focus on getting my water in.
    4. Meet step goal. Get away from that computer! :smile:
    5. Do one other kind of exercise. :frowning: Was so busy, didn't get to this.
    6. Work on baby blanket! No excuses! :smiley: Making good progress!

Thursday goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20g.
    3. Water! Water! Water!
    4. Meet step goal.
    5. Do one other kind of exercise to mix it up.
    6. Work on baby blanket.
    7. Create German style CV.

Boy, did I miscalculate yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were way too big. Had tons of running around to do and had less than 4000 steps in by dinnertime. So, my husband kindly prepped dinner while I took a brisk walk. I managed to get in 5000 steps by the time dinner was ready. Glad I pushed myself. I am trying to hit my step goal every day this week, then I will bump it up by another 1000. Bit by bit, I am determined to get in shape!
  • dph118
    Options

Today I am working from my parents' house (an hour and a half away from where I live) because my dad had something urgent to do in another city and my mom can't be left alone. She has some kind of serious heart issue going on and is in the process of getting a diagnosis...but she is getting worse, so we don't want to leave her alone for a whole day. This aging parents thing is not for the faint of heart. I am really missing having siblings around to help.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Wishing you the best!
  • dph118
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »
    It has been so cold and dreary. I completely agree with you @asclepsia and @Bex953172 that the weather can really impact your spirits and energy! I think we just need more of that Vitamin D from the sun! Sadly, it is another gray day, but I am feeling a little better about my lifestyle change.

I went to the doctor this morning and my blood sugar was actually normal! Happy days! I am hoping that means it won't take too long before I can back off on the medication.

Totally agree with the weather also! I take Vitamin D 5000 IU every day from late October through April where I live. I do think it helps.

YIPPEE on the blood sugar being normal! THAT is a major victory! Proud of you! You go girl!

I should try to add in more Vitamin D. It should have occurred to me already... Thanks! You're so sweet!