WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Back in West Texas, where the coffee tastes like it ought to, and the bed is just to my taste. Unfortunately, dragged back with me a sinus infection steadily moving toward a bronchial infection. Going to try to get an appointment or walk-in with a local clinic this morning, get a round of antibiotics to try. Hopefully not too expensive, but don't know if VA will pay for it outside their care or not. Blah. Don't care. Need to get it taken care of--I have a new job to begin on Monday morning!

Heather, bless your heart. Tough day.

Lisa in West Texas.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    dropping my car off at the dealership, some noise in brakes or struts, but they are giving me a loaner for the day..I have the day to myself. and want to sit and really think out money situation.. I have money in my account and wondering if I should pay off my loan, so I will have no debt..and then try and invest for my retirement.. it is a long way away ,but Tom has been doing the finances for so long and investing , I know I will get part of that, but I have no 401k and a 1200.00 IRA ..I do not want to end up like my dad living on social security... I am still toying with the idea of joining the gym again.. yes it did help the 2 times I joined.. but should I spend the money more wisely and just walk...but I guess it is an investment in my health and future.. it is right across from the dealership so I might go see what there special is.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    So Happy It's Thursday!!

First, wanted to say how appreciative I am of all the "before, during, after" photos posted here. Sometimes when we fall off the wagon a bit we need a good reminder how far we have come and how it's been worth it. Your before and after photos are very inspirational to me and a kick in the pants for me to get going again. The reality is also that exercise makes a huge difference!! Walking, biking, weights, kettlebells - we gotta keep it moving!

Mary, what are you doing in a group for gals in their 50's+? :D Way to go! Again, a wonderful testament to your routine of daily exercise and your Keto eating plan.

Machka - how neat you had photos showing your success along the way. And I love your braid! To have thick hair again!

Toni, ((hugs))). Glad your son is there for you.

Sarah
    , I like your happiness checklist and copied it. The only tweak I'd make on it would be 10,000 steps instead of the 1 hour of exercise - hard for me to get an entire hour block in but a few 20 minute segments of walking or heavy duty gardening would fit the bill I'd think. I was very surprised last week I got in my morning walk - about 3,000 steps then was back and forth in the garden, hoeing, weeding and such - by the end of the day had well over 10,000 steps plus had used all the different muscles lugging bags of dirt, etc.

Katla, glad you were able to attend the planning meeting for the riverfront. You had great points: Keeping it simple and sturdy.

Sharon
    , WOW on the snow - I think we are finally past that here. I am ready to break out the shorts - some of our UPS and Postal carriers wear shorts all times of the year it seems even when it's snowing and bitter cold in the winter. I told DH I'm ready to cut my hair short again...but like it mid length now except even with clips it seems it's always in my face and eyes. My hair is also thinning (the coloring did seem to help thicken it up when I was doing that.) I saw the video on Cannabis oil and Parkinson's and I'd sure give it a try.

Heather - take it easy!

OK, time to cut this off. Back to work this morning for a bit. Yesterday I cut it short-after a couple hours of filing I had such back pain - my upper back! Came home, grabbed a bite of lunch and snoozed in the recliner for a couple hours....haven't done that in a long, long time. And slept fine when I went to bed last night. Allergy symptoms are getting better but I think it's trying to become a cold now.

I think I'm finally ready to get back on the wagon... no cravings last night. Anyhow, this one is going around on FB right now...yes I DID have some twinkies last week. How did they know? (I think something is fishy here with attaching this link but it seems to be showing as an inserted jpg?)

Have a good day!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Linda my goal is to stop eating snacks for a month I've done it before but my scale is up and down daily
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lanette love it. I can't even remember when I last ate a Twinkie, but I would not dare have them in the house.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It sure would be cool if this app would allow you to reply to each comment like Facebook does. It's hard to follow everyone and reply.
    Don't you think!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Vvvv
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Sure hope you heal soon. Sounds as if you will be stiff and sore for a few days. Sending healing thoughts.

Meg Pizza and drinks was a small transgression considering the stress you are under. (((Hugs)))

Mary and Machka Both of you look great. Fit and Fab!

NYKaren Thinking of you today. Hope everything turns out OK.

Having a day off after 5 hard days at work, but it doesn't seem like much of a day off because we have someone coming over to clean the house this afternoon, and 2 more people are here now helping us clean out & organize our garage. I was not in charge of the scheduling. I either need to leave or get involved in the process. Guess I'll get involved. Maybe it will go faster and they will all leave sooner. Ugh! :#:#:#

Karen in Virginia
  • seasonsofjoy
    seasonsofjoy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am back on MFP, I am in need of getting that healthy feeling back. I have yo-yo'd my entire life, (well, since age 12, that would be 45 years) and now I am really feeling it. Had blood work done and it showed nothing, despite my overall exhaustion and aches and pains. Perhaps it is from my excessive weight, me thinks? Yes, I have autoimmune thyroid disease, but I have for years and have not felt this way since I was severely anemic (and I am not). HERE WE GO! Glad to be back, actually. I know there will be moments and days of less enthusiasm. But I shall persist!

High fives to all who are doing well, you are inspiring!

Prayers to NYKAREN and all who need them.

Thanks for all of you being here and mutual support rocks!!!

Nancy in Arizona
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((NYKaren)))