WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening!!
    Kayla Your horse maybe out of breath or maybe his hooves and bones hurt him. I didn't lope my old horses just took them on walks. They still love going out. Compared to a human age he would be elderly.
    Joyce I love your house! The windows are looking sharp!
    Linda-21 Welcome! I think I lost your message! My daughter does Yoga classes most of the day and a part time job at a doctor's office. It's perfect for her with 2 young kids. She does very well and has a lot of private clients.
    Heather I understand completely. It's hard for me to keep my big trap shut especially if I feel that I right! It sounds like fun looking at old magazines!!
    I have a rough day today, I found out by accident because my sister screwed up (always a screw up) that her and my mother bought a house together south of us. They had the house rekeyed and the receipt on my mother's credit card was texted to my phone. So, the signature wasn't hers, it was my sister's; I called the lock service to find out what was going on. He confirmed that he rekeyed my mother's new house. So, I guess my sister finally worked her until they bought a house. My mother is 88 and really don't have the money to buy a house. My sister was staying with her daughter in Vegas doing massages.
    So being a little uptight, which I shouldn't be I ate a piece of apple pie!! Dang!!
    You see my mother lived with me and my DH, and when I had my back surgery my sister came out to help. That's when everything fell apart. Then mom left for a visit to Vegas for a month but turned into 2 months. I was suppose to pick her up at the airport but the day before she canceled the flight and that's when the lies and deception began. She moved out in Nov/16. There were threats and nasty remarks. She started taking things that she gave me 25 years ago. The saga continues...
    good evening - I just finished 30 min. on my exercise peddler to make up for the pie!!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • moma4boys
    moma4boys Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know I am late to the party as it is almost May, but am looking for friends so we can motivate and support each other.

I started back logging everything last Sunday. I don't have a specific goal for April other than to walk briskly 5 days per week and log absolutely everything I eat.

I do have a yearly goal. I would like to lose 50 pounds in one year. My oldest son is getting married on April 21, 2018. The mother of the bride is in top shape and gorgeous. I don't want to be the frumpy fat mom in all the pictures. I hate having to be in pictures ugh

Ok I also want to be healthy and make life style changes that I can maintain even after the wedding. But hopefully one will lead to the other.

Helen from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    heehee the last pic is of our "Den". Its just moving the camera from the right, where the livingroom is to the left, where the dining/library/den is! And where the "ugly green alligator chair" is. My husband bought it, because it was in the cheap part of the furniture store, and was just ugly enough that he had to have it!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dana in AR: Thank you for your expertise in horsemanship. I appreciate your comments. I'm sorry about the difficult situation with your mom. (((HUGS)))

KarenE: I'm so sorry about your broken wrist bones. I've had two wrists with broken bones from falls on ice a few years apart, so I have some idea what you're going through. It has been several years since the last break and both wrists are doing better, but I'm also taking weekly bone density medicine. :ohwell:

Helen from WI: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Post often for friendship and support. :smiley:

Becca: I love the photos! Is your son wearing blue on the left side of the picture? :star:

DH is reading in the living room and I plan to go in and watch TV. After that, I'm reading a book I like. Have a great day & evening.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It was a frustrating day. I'm surprised I actually got anything done. Tomorrow is a new day so I will go with that.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Don't really know why, but I can't seem to get to sleep, so here I am

Lenora - I remember when we lived in PA (near DE), for any large purchase, you ALWAYS bought in DE (which doesn't have sales tax). One time we bought a TV and Vince said to the store owner "since it's being delivered to PA, I guess I'll have to report it". The store owner just said "what's between you and Uncle Sam is between you two". We didn't report it. Have fun at the party

Joyce - great numbers at the MD's. Your home looks so much better without those bushes in front

dana - (((HUGS))) Families can really be something else, huh?

KarenE - so sorry about the bones in your wrist. How did it happen? Best of luck on the next phase of your life. I know you'll do great

Helen - welcome! I like your picture

Becca - awesome lunch! What a proud momma you are!

Michele in NC
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Janetr keeping good thoughts for you and hubby ((((((((hugs)))))))))
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Bad day yesterday started well 30 min vid with weights, protein shake then shopping. Tempted while shopping ate 100g chocolate ginger. Thought never mind I'll do another vid later. Came home and started snacking Ugh did 5 mile advanced Leslie Sansone vid but still snacked. Gave up logging. Not sure why it happened don't feel stressed, bought myself a new coat, nothing bad going on in my life.
    Just thought though I'm seeing the doctor next week for the results of my ultrasound and blood checkups so maybe subconsciously worrying about that.
    Well today is another day onward and upward I'll resolve not to let one day derail me

Kate UK <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Still feeling like crap on a cracker... keeping up with the posts, though.

Later,
    Lisa, back in West Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options