Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 - I have a premium subscription. Not sure if it's worth it or not cuz I paid almost right from the beginning, so have little experience with the free version. I decided to pay because 1) I didn't want you deal with the ads, 2) "you get what you pay for." I felt I was making a commitment and investment in myself and making the payment somehow felt symbolic in a good way, 3) $50/yr did not feel outrageous to me and I wanted to support the site. All in all, I truly love MFP! I just paid to re-up for another year and was happy to do so.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 I have had premium for about 6 mos now. I love it! <3 If you pay for a year it breaks down to only about $5 a month. It is totally worth it to me! But you'll have to decide for yourself.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 ... I ditto Birgit ... I bought the premium version when it first came out, the subscription runs out in September. I don't use all the customizable options but, really, after going on 2 years with this version I'm having a hard time recalling the standard version any more.
    Here's what I like ...
    1 - Ad-free (it makes a difference to me and was initially why I went Premium)
    2 - Exercise Calorie Settings ... I can track exercise without increasing my daily calorie goals. My aim is to eat a consistent amount daily and not bump up on days I am active.
    3 - Food Analysis ... This is an interesting feature. It helped me to make some changes in the foods I was buying based on the nutrient values I found or was seeking.
    4 - Macronutrients by Gram ... I really like this feature. You can switch back and forth at will.
    5 - Export your Information ... this gives you a download CSV file that has the every food or exercise log for the time period you select. I used this to help me figure out my own TDEE from the 2016 data. It was pretty close to what MFP said it was, but it was a 'feel good' to see it.
    6 - Macronutrients By Meal ... kind of the same thing as Macronutrients by Gram ...
    7 - Calorie Goals by Meal ... I don't use this any longer, but it was a help in being reminded that I wanted my midmeal to be my largest meal everyday ... it king of works with another feature I no longer use; Different Goals by Day.

Here is a big eye awakener I found in my own data ... overall, my macronutrients percentages stay in a very narrow range no matter how many calories I eat. The only time they get out of wack is if I let candy or dried fruit in the house, or pig out on polish sausage!

If you can afford it, why not try it for a year ... you can always go back to the standard version. For myself, it was when I went Premium that I set up a new profile for myself and became Nikion901 instead of NK1112 ... I didn't want to let go of the standard version because I didn't want to take a chance on losing the data I had accumulated on that version.

• 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @Birdygirl15

THIS!!!

" I am a serial dieter, but with enough science education to know what to do, how and why, just lacked the willpower to stick with it."

If we could solve the above, we could rule the world (and become the next billionaires)!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your opinions on the premium version. I had no idea it was so inexpensive and no adds would be worth that alone! LOL I'll be taking advantage of it!
  • kathyk1965
    kathyk1965 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to fitness pal but found this and it sounds very interesting. I would like to join your challenge if I could I sure would appreciate it.

Name: kate
    Height: 6'
    Start
    Starting weight 4/28/17 316
    Goal weight 295

April 28:
    May 5:
    May 12:
    May19:
    May 26:
    June 2:
    June 9:
    June 16:
    June 23:
    June 30:

I have been reading a lot of story's on here and have found alot of inspiration! I have lost over a hundred pounds before and gained it all back I feel like a complete failure. How does some work so hard to loss weight and gain it all back!

• traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @kathyk1965 ... Not a failure....even setbacks can teach us something. We can do this!
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Birdygirl15

THIS!!!

" I am a serial dieter, but with enough science education to know what to do, how and why, just lacked the willpower to stick with it."

If we could solve the above, we could rule the world (and become the next billionaires)!

Glad we're on the same wavelength, @320sycamore :) My last doctor refused to give out willpower pills, I did ask :D He just told me "You're an intelligent woman - just get on with it!" Then I'd lecture him about his foolhardy passion for skiing, at age 60+ (meant to get smarter as you get older, Dr ... :D ).
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Re the premium MFP option, I have to say it is a lot cheaper than similar systems hosted in the UK. One I used to use provided via one of our largest pharmacy chains had a much more accurate food database though but is twice as expensive. It was also tailored more to the UK market of course. That is my main bugbear with MFP, they really need to tighten up that database, speaking as an ex system admin, it has a lot of "dirty data", as in rubbish data in it.

I might go to the premium MFP once any treatment or dietary recommendations for my high blood pressure have been sorted out. For all I know I may have high cholesterol levels and stuff which will need careful food choices.

Meantime, lost another 1/2lb overnight. Slowly but surely......
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

My NSV for the week, I spoke with my boss and she is allowing me to switch my schedule. It will mean getting up earlier but then I will get home earlier. I have a 1+ hour commute and its a struggle to fit everything into my day. However, I know I've been in this rut for way too long and its up to me to change it. So, I'm hoping this schedule change will give me incentive to incorporate needed exercise into my daily plan. I feel encouraged!

Summer Goals:
    10% of Starting Weight: 210lbs
    Goal weight: 150lbs

Weigh-ins:
    4-23-2017: 233lbs
    4-30-2017
    5-07-2017
    5-14-2017
    5-28-2017
    6-04-2017
    6-11-2017
    6-18-2017
    6-25-2017
    7-02-2017
    7-09-2017
    7-16-2017
    7-23-2017
    7-30-2017
    8-06-2017
    8-13-2017
    8-20-2017
    8-27-2017
  • FourLynne62
    Options
    Re the premium MFP option, I have to say it is a lot cheaper than similar systems hosted in the UK. One I used to use provided via one of our largest pharmacy chains had a much more accurate food database though but is twice as expensive. It was also tailored more to the UK market of course. That is my main bugbear with MFP, they really need to tighten up that database, speaking as an ex system admin, it has a lot of "dirty data", as in rubbish data in it.

I might go to the premium MFP once any treatment or dietary recommendations for my high blood pressure have been sorted out. For all I know I may have high cholesterol levels and stuff which will need careful food choices.

Meantime, lost another 1/2lb overnight. Slowly but surely......

Great job!
  • FourLynne62
    Options
    kathyk1965 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to fitness pal but found this and it sounds very interesting. I would like to join your challenge if I could I sure would appreciate it.

Name: kate
    Height: 6'
    Start
    Starting weight 4/28/17 316
    Goal weight 295

April 28:
    May 5:
    May 12:
    May19:
    May 26:
    June 2:
    June 9:
    June 16:
    June 23:
    June 30:

I have been reading a lot of story's on here and have found alot of inspiration! I have lost over a hundred pounds before and gained it all back I feel like a complete failure. How does some work so hard to loss weight and gain it all back!

Don't look back, you're not going that way anymore! Keep moving forward and you will be a success!
  • FourLynne62
    Options
    Hi all ! Welcome new joiners ... you are really going to enjoy this group!

I am finally done with my cold ... I was miserable all week ... could hardly leave my bed plus by myself so only my doggies were spoiling me.

I had not been able to weight until today, so below the weigh-in for this week. Since I was able to lose 18lbs last time I hope I can do the same with the challenge that I will be part of the time in Italy ... so not sure how I will workout or the food I will get ... but ready for the challenge for sure!

Summer Challenge

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 (*) -
    5. May 24 (*) -
    6. May 31 (*) -
    7. June 7 (*) -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 4.9
    Weight -/+ total: - 4.9

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato :wink:

Hope you are feeling better now, colds are no fun!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The last week has been particularly stressful. I have walked to try to get rid of some. Especially if I find myself heading for the kitchen. Stress eating, finding comfort in food, what replaces it constructively? I can't really hurt myself AT THIS POINT but I need to find something to replace it with. Sweet tooth creeping back in too. I shouldn't have had the dark chocolate, I want more!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I keep a calendar where I color mark the days on which I achieved my calorie goal ... and just noticed when updating my April Calendar this morning that I missed my goal on each Monday and Thursday of the month! Now isn't that strange ... Will keep an eye on patterns in May's calendar.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Paul, how dark was the chocolate? 70% cocoa or more?

Niki, that's a great idea with the colors on the calendar to mark calorie goal achievement. I might use that too.

FourLynne62, are you participating in the Ready for Summer 10 week challenge? Or are you just sharing your weekly weights? I am confused.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach 72% not illegal but I want it all! What I ate was well within my limits but it was an impulse buy. That's scary to me.
  • e911dispatch
    e911dispatch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is there a different spot for the ready for summer challenge?
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    No but there is a template

Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name:

Start Weight (week of April 19):
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st):

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26:
    2. May 3:
    3. May 10:
    4. May 17:
    5. May 24:
    6. May 31:
    7. June 7:
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

I made a spreadsheet today to track everyone's progress. Will report tomorrow... Unless Helene beats me to it. :wink: