New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered edamame. Will not buy it. Its either edamame or chocolate and if I have to choose ,you all know what its going to be.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    Chocolate covered edamame. Will not buy it. Its either edamame or chocolate and if I have to choose ,you all know what its going to be.

I'm down for chocolate covered anything (except bugs) because...chocolate. :)

I did buy the Trader Joe's edamame hummis which is pretty good and a nice serving size over a corn thin.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    joans1976 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    @hgycta & @Francl27 That sucks about what HT customer (not) service did to you! Makes me kinda mad because you ladies are doing some pretty hard core advertising for them on here!

Ryan Bouton but this happened in October last year so quite some time has passed, I imagine they hired better customer service representatives given their rapid growth! I got over it, I just learned my lesson to keep receipts just in case, although it hasn't happened since then so I'm not sure if the store would stand behind that or not (but then again, I stopped getting that flavor and it was the only flavor I've ever had that happen with).

Who is Ryan?
    What flavor was it? Mine is peanut butter cup.

Chocolate was the one pulled away from the sides for me.
    The ones that tasted weird were vanilla and salted caramel. Still haven't dared trying salted caramel again since.

When you eat the salted caramel flavor think of butterscotch.....then you wont be as disappointed not tasting caramel lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Tried the OhYeah Maple Glazed Doughnut ONE Protein Bar... I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I'm not crazy about their protein bars and never understood the hype, but this is my new favorite. A lot better than the blueberry cobbler, now I just need to try the salted caramel! This one was very sweet, had a prominent maple flavor, and wasn't too artificial at all. A lot softer than their other bars, too, which normally I wouldn't like but it was really good with the creamy glaze. 5/5 from me!
    Omg really !? I've never had good donut protein bar the paleo one is terrible I'm going to buy these when I use my free coupons from gnc this weekend
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So, believe it or not, the person I received the email from was named Josh and as I recall, there was a Josh on here that knew a lot of details about HT. Hmmm.....mysterious....

HAHA Josh where are you we found out you work for them :D:p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    So, believe it or not, the person I received the email from was named Josh and as I recall, there was a Josh on here that knew a lot of details about HT. Hmmm.....mysterious....

That Josh kid was DEFINITELY an insider haha he always knew the flavors before anyone else, always had them to conveniently try at work, and hopped around the various myfitnesspal forums that brought up Halo Top ;P I never had a doubt about it, that's why I kept bothering him about cotton candy being a flavor they need to release :B He seemed more interested in carrot cake, which honestly I am 100% down with as long as they execute it right!

I know when he asked us potential flavors I was all up in that because I thought he probably works for them lol. Life needs more cotton candy flavored things
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Now I am craving cotton candy ice cream like crazy.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Now I am craving cotton candy ice cream like crazy.

The other day I went to Dollar Tree and they had a cotton candy tub by their Easter candy half off! 50 cents for a 1.5 oz container of cotton candy (doesn't sound like much, but for cotton candy that turns out to be a very decent amount) and it was only like 170 calories! Cotton candy may be pure sugar, but darn it if the calories don't seem bad for what you're getting! Just a shame it didn't hit that cotton candy ice cream spot, I'm such a sucker for Cold Stone's cotton candy flavor it's not fair that there's no diet friendly ice cream version of it out there!
  • hadley099
    hadley099 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    These aren't new, but figured I'd offer my two cents

0078656005001_500X500.jpg

A coworker actually thought I was eating a big slab of cookie dough from one of the refrigerated sheets/rolls :D. I'm definitely going to be buying this bar again, because it reminds me of eating cookie dough & for the calories it's actually filling! It's around 360-380 calories depending on the weight of the bar.

th?id=OIP.M0fece63c3b56967cebd06a5f068f01f1o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=184&h=154

This was on sale at Giant last week for $1.50 & I decided what the heck I'll give it a try! For those that are lactose intolerant I would definitely recommend this flavor at least! (read label in case you have any food allergies). Was thick & had a very pleasant black cherry taste.

Those taste great! Unfortunately they arent super healthy (alot of sugar). quest bars are apparently one of the healthier brands.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

That Josh kid was DEFINITELY an insider haha he always knew the flavors before anyone else, always had them to conveniently try at work, and hopped around the various myfitnesspal forums that brought up Halo Top ;P I never had a doubt about it, that's why I kept bothering him about cotton candy being a flavor they need to release :B He seemed more interested in carrot cake, which honestly I am 100% down with as long as they execute it right!

Maybe he's the one that stole my Fire Work Poprock Oreo's idea haha :p:D. I heard that flavor is coming out in May.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i bought nutritional yeast, which comes in this flake form. it kind of tastes like salty cheese?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    cozytimes wrote: »
    i bought nutritional yeast, which comes in this flake form. it kind of tastes like salty cheese?

Amazing on popcorn :)

So true...can't have my popcorn now without it lol!
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    cozytimes wrote: »

Amazing on popcorn :)

will do, thanks for the suggestion!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    lol I did the yup brand bar free samples like 10x. Just got again. Got the pb&j this time. Only have tried the pb&j b jammin ones. I really liked. A lot better than the pb&j quest bar. I really do love the BUP bars (more than quest with the formula change) but they are a little too soft for my liking. They aren't as filling which I don't like. IMG_5195-375x500.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wal-Mart will have the sharing size Caramel M&Ms and my Wal-Mart got the new Hershey cruncher candies.

The peanut butter filled M&Ms are my favorite and I love caramel so I can't wait to try these!!! It would be amazing if one day they had a peanut butter/caramel filling! Please let us know what you think if you try them :) do other stores have them too? I can't find them anywhere!

A coworker bought a pack of the Caramel M&Ms today & said I had to try one. It was good, but not something I'll get all the time. The caramel inside reminded me of a Rolo cup filling.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I went to Walmart, Royal Farms, and Wawa and didn't see the caramel m&ms anywhere. However, on my way to church I decided to try Starbucks' new Dulce de Leche bottled frappuccino and it was really good! Definitely my new favorite flavor bottled frappuccino, very buttery and sweet. I probably won't get it too often though since it has 290 calories and I don't normally drink coffee that sweet. However, it tasted AMAZING with OhYeah's ONE Salted Caramel protein bar! I liked this bar even more than the Maple Glazed Doughnut flavor, it tasted less like protein and didn't taste artificial at all to me. The salt was very balanced, too. Definitely a bar meant to be consumed with coffee though ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    luan7372 wrote: »
    Anyone tried this? from myprotein.com....I have ordered the silky white chocolate peanut butter luxe-just awaiting its arrival! :)a5ca9128arza.jpg

Never heard of that brand. Leave a review.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hadley099 wrote: »
    These aren't new, but figured I'd offer my two cents

0078656005001_500X500.jpg

A coworker actually thought I was eating a big slab of cookie dough from one of the refrigerated sheets/rolls :D. I'm definitely going to be buying this bar again, because it reminds me of eating cookie dough & for the calories it's actually filling! It's around 360-380 calories depending on the weight of the bar.

th?id=OIP.M0fece63c3b56967cebd06a5f068f01f1o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=184&h=154

This was on sale at Giant last week for $1.50 & I decided what the heck I'll give it a try! For those that are lactose intolerant I would definitely recommend this flavor at least! (read label in case you have any food allergies). Was thick & had a very pleasant black cherry taste.

Those taste great! Unfortunately they arent super healthy (alot of sugar). quest bars are apparently one of the healthier brands.

Anything can be healthy in moderation.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I've mentioned this before or not, but Oikos whole milk yogurts are delicious!