Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This happened this morning! First time I've been in the 160's in about a decade...

ffyhybyuwzw1.jpg

Congratulations! I long for that day. I don't think I've been that weight since I was 16/17 :#

How accurate do you rate the other measurements on your scale? That measures a lot of things!

Very highly inaccurate, in my opinion. I have it set on the "athlete" female setting, which is supposed to change how the body fat reads, but it doesn't. I'm certain I'm not 25.6% BF. Calipers at the gym have me at ~17%, which seems closer to reality, when I look at photos.

l2doynttclet.jpg
    r7nw5v7fadlv.jpg

Uhhhhhh if you're 25% then I'm 50% lol. The body fat scales are such bunk

Thanks @kelly_c_77 ! I'm just going to chase the 3:30:00 pace bunny like she owes me money I guess ;)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    This happened this morning! First time I've been in the 160's in about a decade...

ffyhybyuwzw1.jpg

Congratulations! I long for that day. I don't think I've been that weight since I was 16/17 :#

How accurate do you rate the other measurements on your scale? That measures a lot of things!

Very highly inaccurate, in my opinion. I have it set on the "athlete" female setting, which is supposed to change how the body fat reads, but it doesn't. I'm certain I'm not 25.6% BF. Calipers at the gym have me at ~17%, which seems closer to reality, when I look at photos.

l2doynttclet.jpg
    r7nw5v7fadlv.jpg

I would say you are closer to the Gym's estimate.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Way to go @quiksylver296 - that 13 year old has one hot mama ;) !

So my husband gave me my early Mother's Day gift yesterday and registered me for the Red Deer Marathon...in 19 days lol. I confess that even though I am really excited about it I am worried that I won't BQ and my time is going to irk me. I've been training for Boston time but against what I thought would be my debut (June 18). Meanwhile my husband was on the phone with his Grandma, "Yeah so I guess we're going to Boston next year!" ....NO PRESSURE AT ALL! :/

Awwwwwwwwww he's trying to be supportive! :wink:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

ffyhybyuwzw1.jpg

Awesome accomplishment Quik!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today is my eight of ninth days in a row & I've ate somewhat decently today.

I had a whole can of beans (I hope I don't blow it up at work tomorrow), a Birds Eye Protein Blend with Morningstar Steak Strips for lunch, & I'm eating three pints of my Enlightened ice cream (cause I figure I've made it through eight days with one to go & I need some treats haha).

My carbs are sky high today mostly from the veggies & ice cream & I don't give a crap.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I need to find some of this Enlightened. I had Halo Top peanut butter cup the other day and loved it!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Way to go @quiksylver296 - that 13 year old has one hot mama ;) !

So my husband gave me my early Mother's Day gift yesterday and registered me for the Red Deer Marathon...in 19 days lol. I confess that even though I am really excited about it I am worried that I won't BQ and my time is going to irk me. I've been training for Boston time but against what I thought would be my debut (June 18). Meanwhile my husband was on the phone with his Grandma, "Yeah so I guess we're going to Boston next year!" ....NO PRESSURE AT ALL! :/

Awwwwwwwwww he's trying to be supportive! :wink:

Ditto this, and he thinks a heck of a lot of your abilities!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Kelly, at this point you deserve a treat just for making it out the house with matching shoes.

I was doing a clear out at the weekend and found a stash of photos from when I was around 16 - 19 years old. There are some hilarious ones. And some terrible drunken ones! But all in all, I wish I could go back and tell my 18 year old self that I was a lot hotter than I realised! I didn't have terrible self-esteem, but I remember worrying about how fat I was because I was 5 pounds over what a healthy BMI should be for my height. What a load of baloney, I looked great! It would be quite nice to only be 5 pounds over my healthy BMI now, but ho hum, no point worrying about that at the moment. If I manage to scan some pics, I will share and insist on some throwbacks from you too.

Dittoing that! I was still overweight, but not in the realms that I am now. I think I was probably middle of the Overweight BMI back then, now I'm early days of Obese. :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess that not going to the gym for 3 weeks was a terrible plan. (Not that I had a choice, end of school everything got in the way. Mom first. Lifter second.) Even deloaded lifts are making my legs scream today.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess that not going to the gym for 3 weeks was a terrible plan. (Not that I had a choice, end of school everything got in the way. Mom first. Lifter second.) Even deloaded lifts are making my legs scream today.

Good luck with dem DOMS!!! ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    GUYS GUYS GUYS! NSV over here! I was able to OHP 65lbs for 3 reps! A few months ago I couldn't even do the bar! :smiley:

AWESOME!!! OHP is the debil! >:)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    GUYS GUYS GUYS! NSV over here! I was able to OHP 65lbs for 3 reps! A few months ago I couldn't even do the bar! :smiley:

AWESOME!!! OHP is the debil! >:)

If not the actual devil, definitely a known associate. Way to go!!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Kelly, at this point you deserve a treat just for making it out the house with matching shoes.

I was doing a clear out at the weekend and found a stash of photos from when I was around 16 - 19 years old. There are some hilarious ones. And some terrible drunken ones! But all in all, I wish I could go back and tell my 18 year old self that I was a lot hotter than I realised! I didn't have terrible self-esteem, but I remember worrying about how fat I was because I was 5 pounds over what a healthy BMI should be for my height. What a load of baloney, I looked great! It would be quite nice to only be 5 pounds over my healthy BMI now, but ho hum, no point worrying about that at the moment. If I manage to scan some pics, I will share and insist on some throwbacks from you too.

I actually have the opposite experience looking at high school photos now. Everyone used to get at me about how I was "too thin". Uhhhhhh I was a pretty chubby bunny in reality, how much my drinking impacted this I cannot say ;)

5izoz1ndw3q0.jpg
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Welp, Martin just got laid off. Cue panic attack and semi breakdown. We just paid down his almost 10k debt to 2k, now this! UGH
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Welp, Martin just got laid off. Cue panic attack and semi breakdown. We just paid down his almost 10k debt to 2k, now this! UGH

Oh man. That stinks. I hope he got a bit of a severance. And can find a job quickly.
  • Oberon21
    Options

reading backwards.... sad on Martin but Woo Hoo to you!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options

My weight went up and down in high school and younger (just like my adult self). I had terrible acne that I picked like crazy (stress) so most of my pictures are pretty gross. I had a 16 year old class ID picture I loved. I was thin, tan from the summer, and skin was clear. But I'd take the adult me over the teen me any day (except for the grey hair, wrinkles and whiskers).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    laurenj915 wrote: »
    I confess that I hide a pack of M&Ms in a tampon box in the bathroom closet. That way, my husband and 3 kids will not find and eat them. Also, I always eat my M&Ms while taking a bubblebath.

That is petty inventive!