Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

c25k - newbie runners

I've just started the Couch 2 5 K programme and wondered if there were others who had recently started / thinking of starting who wanted to be friends and help motivate each other.

(I can't think of a way of making this sound less needy)

Replies

• jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    You can add me if you like! I am on week 3...
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    I started on Tuesday. Then my PT decided that Tuesday was leg day and made me do 310 reps on the leg press, so I have simply not been able to start day two, but am hoping to do so tomorrow.

I'm a rubbish runner, I can't keep going, so am hoping building it up works for me.
  • Miss_LGC
    Miss_LGC Posts: 8 Member
    Hey, I'm just about to start week 4! Feel free to add me
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    There is a C25K group here. I'm through it now but did ask questions of the group when I was in the middle of it.
  • rianneonamission
    Steve25k wrote: »
    Ouch, that seems pretty cruel.

Cruel to be kind :)
  • Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    My husband and I started the C25K program a couple weeks ago. We aren't following it exactly though, we figured out we need to do each week twice, otherwise we can't be successful. So we are on week 1 again. Moving to week 2 next week.
    Feel free to add me!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Just started back up yesterday. I first started at around Thanksgiving. Turns out asthma and cold air don't mix (derp). Now that it's warming up, I'm giving it another shot.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    I just started and I'm on week 2 day 2 (today, as long as it's not unreasonably cold) - feel free to add me
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    What is C25K?
  • rianneonamission
    Couch to 5k. It's a running programme for newbie runners where you build up to a 5k run slowly. So week one you have a 5 min warm up walk, followed by 8 repetitions of a 1 min run and a 1.5 min walk, followed by a 5 min cool down work. As the weeks go on the running time increases, whilst the number of repetitions decreases.
  • rianneonamission
    edited May 2017
    I did my first day of week two today and found I slowed down significantly in order to keep going for the 90 secs. So yes, slow and steady wins the race!
  • raefost
    raefost Posts: 31 Member
    Been thinking of starting this for a while. Can walk for ages but never manages to up the pace. Hoping having a Labrador pup will help me keep going!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    second day of week 2 today. Went ok. Got up to 8.5km/h on the treadmill. Sunday was first go at 90 second intervals outside. Tis mental how much longer that seems than a minute.
    I have to sing under my breath so I don't get stitch at the moment - hoping it helps me master this breathing malarky. :/
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    I am starting it this week :smile: