WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Claudia, let us know how the yoga goes...is this with a group? At a gym? I've been checking it out too. I see our gym has morning basics, and there's a private teacher downtown who has groups and also private lessons. The gal posted photos of her place on her website, looks very nice - the students are dressed in tight clothing like leotards. Gulp. Maybe that's the "A" team, lol. I am more a sweatpants person.

I met my husband via "snail-mail". In the late 60's, I was a freshman in college and the newspaper printed a little article saying if anyone wanted to write to a Marine in Vietnam, send a letter to such and such an address. So I did, said I was a journalism major (at the time) and I can't recall what else. Several months later I received a letter back from the EDITOR of the Sea Tiger who said, if I didn't mind, he wanted to be my "pen pal" as we had a lot in common. We corresponded for a year, he came back to the states and was stationed on the east coast, we finally met a couple years later and the rest is history. Courtship at a glacier pace, lol.

Heather, sad to hear about your cleaning gal. Good ones are hard to find...there's the issue of how well they clean AND how trustworthy they are. The timing isn't the best but it will work out. Congrats on the weight loss! You rock!!

Lisa - your new job sounds energizing! Isn't it fun planning, making lists, getting new ideas? I am thrilled for you. You'll hit it head on and do a great job, I just know it.

Beth, we need to start eating from the freezer at our house too. I don't have any cookies in green bean bags, darn it, lol. That's an idea though.

Becca, thanks for that nifty way to store canning jars. If we had the room I'd put this on DH's "to do" list. Putting brackets/supports under those shelves has been on his current to-do list for a long time, this event likely moved it up on the list. I checked out the resort - what a lovely place! I'd like to have the tanning lotion concession! For fair redheads like me, a dip in a tank would be fine, lol. I am jealous of your tan! B)

Leigh, you continue to impress me. It's neat to see how you have truly changed how you eat - thank you for the stories and tips you have shared!

:D My aching back is on the mend. :D Heating pad, stretches, and a high-strength curcumin blend I picked up at the health food store worked better than hydrocodone, I swear. Also got an Aleve TENS unit - that thing is nifty! Boy it really can jolt a person but it scrambles the pain nerves. THANK YOU to all of you who gave feedback on TENS - it helped a lot!

Menopause....I reached meno at the ripe old age of 60! :s A year later spotted, had a D&C. Finally, the hormonal migraines went away - I don't mind the couple extra inches around the waist. Funny, in my mid 50's the doc did a hormone test to see if I was getting close to meno....the report was "you are in menopause" but I continued to have periods for the next 5 years. I asked her why this was happening, she shrugged her shoulders. Perhaps the hormone tests are unreliable? What's the point of them then? I question everything.

It was another beautiful day here. Katla, how neat you get to see the water table as a result of the Bonneville Dam. Army Core of Engineers are a little worried about the Mayfield Dam so will be releasing more water from it. We're 20 miles from the Cowlitz River so no worries about flooding at our house.

Ok ladies, Hump Day tomorrow! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele – Iced tea? ‘Cause ya in the South! Hot tea is a Brit thing. I can tolerate regular tea heated; but, for some reason I have not found a ‘flavored’ tea that doesn’t have somewhat of an ‘oily’ taste/feel to it. Maybe someone has a suggestion.

Boxes that liquor comes in and egg boxes also are good ones to have for moving. But, generally you need to go by and ask when their next shipment is; and, if you can come by and pick some up. Depending on ‘their’ back room, they will save them until the end of the day. If they put them out in the trash, even if they are broken down, they get snatched up quickly.

Louis keeps saying that he wants to gravel the driveway. We have a parking pad in the carport which is concrete; then in front of my studio and a turnaround in front of his shed. He said something to DDnL#1 about riding up in the grass making ruts instead of the dirt/gravel ruts in the driveway. She blew it all out of proportion; and, made some unnecessary comment to Trey, who passed it on to Louis. Louis told him ‘that HE will hurt her feelings for sure the net time she does it; and, he will put chain and stakes to keep her from doing it. Trey gets his truck back; and, they might be turning in her vehicle before they come to get it.

Louis will eat some things that are store brand; but, he wants the real thing when it comes to Coffee-Mate. To me store brand olives are much better than Mt. Olive or one of the other brand name.
    My parents hid the presents in the cedar closet; which we were NOT allowed in at any time because that is where Daddy kept his guns, albeit not loaded, under the stairs behind 2 rods of clothes. We had 2 sets of stairs that had landings and 4 closets underneath them.

There are so many ‘human’ foods that should not be given to our ‘fur-babies’. Make sure they ‘never’ eat a grape or raisin. If it doesn’t kill them, you will be facing an expensive surgery. So we have never given our dogs or cats ‘scrapes’; especially not raw meat. Once they get ‘blood’ taste, they will either bite or kill others (people or fur-babies). Cracker picked up some of Louis ‘chewing tobacco’ and had it hanging out both sides of her mouth. It didn’t do anything, it just stuck to the fur around her mouth and she doesn’t like having things pulled off her – stickers or cockaburs, or beggar lice.

It has not cooled down any and it is 9:00pm. Guess who will be sleeping in the nude!!!!!

Lenora
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.13min. 14.5amph, 139mhr, 2.9mi = 119c
    apple watch- 86c
    day 17-Plyometrics exercises- 23.16min, 3sets of 10each, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl toe touch single leg; crunches, sit-ups, push-ups = 118ahr, 142mhr = 155c
    apple watch- 143c
    ELIPTICAL- 20min, 118ahr, 133mhr, 3incline, 6resistance, 1806strides, 90average strides per min., 2.04miles = 166c
    apple watch- 185c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.14min, 13.6amph, 144mhr, 1.4mi = 76c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 16.15min, 11.3amph, 148mhr, 125ahr, 3mi = 177c
    apple iwatch- 124c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.44min, 9.08min mi, 140ahr, 151mhr, .5mi = 69c
    apple watch-
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.19min, 9.22min mi, 153mhr, .4mi = 64c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride puy sta 2 hm- 48.47min, 140ahr, 165mhr, 12.1amph, 9.8mi = 504c
    apple watch- 439c

total cal 1330
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Cabbage Makers - I core my cabbage and freeze it. To make the stuffed cabbage, I thaw the cabbage and remove the back portion of the rib. I combine raw hamburger, and cooked rice in about equal proportions.I also add diced onions, diced red peppers, diced celery and sometimes crumbled fried bacon. I mix this all together and make up the stuffed cabbage rolls. I then pack in freezer bags, single layer, and freeze. I also put some in a roaster to cook for supper that night. To cook them, place frozen in roaster. Combine 1 can of tomato soup with 1/2 can of water. Pour over the cabbage and bake in oven at 350F for approx. 3 hours.

Jenn from Canada - where do you live? I am in Thompson, Manitoba (north) but lived in Regina, Saskatchewan for many years.

Hugs to all.
    Paula Y
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say I was down 3.4 lbs at TOPS yesterday!

Way to go! Doing the happy dance for you!!!

Lanette
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Still trying to get the wedding pic on here but it saved incorrectly on my PC so will have to find out how to save as a jpg or something else. About my hair in my senior picture - that was all mine. remember ratting? I did a lot of that. I always want to be a hair designer but met my husband in my junior year and got married right out of high school. Anyway I did a lot with my hair as well as cutting my sister's and mom's hair by copying instructions in McCall magazine. I loved that magazine - it was an original DIY magazine. Anyone else remember Betsy McCall and the paperdoll cutout and clothes?

The flooding in my home was minimal but some of my neighbors got way worse. I guess I forgot to put two zeros on the 25 lightning strikes during the storm making it 2500! Still a mess here from all the trees down but slowly getting back to normal.

I have to run to the store for milk so I'll try to get back later. Wish I had a cow!

Gloria in WA where it was so toasty in my car today with the sunny weather that I parked in my parking space a took a very short snooze B) .
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Question peeps:
    How and when do you weigh in?

Dressed, half dressed, no clothing, shoes, no shoes??

I decided to weigh in Wednesday mornings with no clothing. But then I thought it I go to the doctor I'll have to weigh in with clothes but I can kick off my shoes.

Am I going crazy here? I guess it doesn't matter as long as you show a loss. Duh!
    I answered my own question. My DH always tells me that!! LOL!! :smiley:

Second thing every morning ... and just me.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jack and I also met on line. When he told me he had been married to his first wife for 32 years I was pretty intimidated thinking how could I ever compete with that. We talked every night on the phone for about six weeks. He was flying for a cargo carrier at the time and was out of town Tuesday through Friday. I finally agreed to meet him. That was in 2007. We got married 18 months later in Oct. of 2009. He's absolutely my knight in shining armour.

Dana your ring is gorgeous.

Janetr okc
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hit the post utton and it would not le me delete, Sorry!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Dana - gorgeous ring!

Gloria - 2500 strikes!!!???? Was part of Washington state evacuated today? I thought I heard something about that but I'm not sure

Michele in NC
  • moma4boys
    moma4boys Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Went out for DH's B day. Went over on calories but had a great margarita. Made e super drowsy though. Could only browse the posts.

Dana your mother's ring is lovely.

Will post more tomorrow night
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Dana love your Momma's ring redone! It is always a nice feeling putting on jewelry that is unique to only you!

Yep I miss my resort, not so much the people there, but how I felt when I was there, just "being myself", and quite OK with that. I remember sitting, peeling an orange, naked as a bluejay, and feeling total acceptance with myself. I was 265 lbs at the time. My sons ran around the resort, played tennis with me, and they never were embarrassed by me, or made me feel like I should hide or something. I suppose that says a lot about my sons. They would meet and chat with ladies in the hot tub, some with mastectomies, and to them it didn't matter. Total acceptance from everyone is the best lesson to have taught my sons.

So my deal with not ever washing my hair came and went! Haha! But my oil production went WAY down, so its good to do it periodically I think. It was an interesting experiment! Now my next experiment... Don't laugh at me now. Typing it embarrasses me!!! OK, I haven't shaved my underarms, or legs for a long time, at least a couple of months. There is something primal about it all. When I go for a walk, with shorts on, the wind gently going thru my hair....on my legs.....it feels amazing!! Wait you said you wouldn't laugh....ah heck, now I'm laughing!!!!
    I am hoping my hairs lighten a bit from the sun..
    Becca
    Confessing a boatload in
    Oregon