5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-bump. Don't want to lose the short ladies :)
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow this thread!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Nice work and good on your for holding at a healthy weight. Think of it as practicing maintenance.
    Good luck on the rest of your Journey.
  • Dangerrosive
    Dangerrosive Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2" and 174 lbs I would love to be 130-120 lbs again. I started to gain weight around age 25 Im 31 now and 186 has been my heaviest. What kind of diet did you go on to lose the weight?
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a question. How do you know when it's time to reset your calorie allowance? I'm 5"2. I started mfp mid march weighing 13 stone. I now weigh 12.3 so loosing a lb a week more or less. I have an Allowance of 1250 per day and usually "earn" 300/350 walking a 3 mile round the block route which has 2 very steep hills in it. I'm not showing signs of not losing yet, but wonder what weight to adjust my calories? Thanks
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Mooma29 wrote: »
    I have a question. How do you know when it's time to reset your calorie allowance? I'm 5"2. I started mfp mid march weighing 13 stone. I now weigh 12.3 so loosing a lb a week more or less. I have an Allowance of 1250 per day and usually "earn" 300/350 walking a 3 mile round the block route which has 2 very steep hills in it. I'm not showing signs of not losing yet, but wonder what weight to adjust my calories? Thanks

MFP will automatically reset your calorie goal if you are inputing your weight into the app. 1250 isn't very much when you have quite a bit to lose, have you set it to lose 2lbs a week by any chance? I'm saying that because as you reduce in weight, so will your calorie allowance. You don't want to be eating any less than 1200 overall plus 50% of your exercise cals. How much are you losing per week now?
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

MFP will automatically reset your calorie goal if you are inputing your weight into the app. 1250 isn't very much when you have quite a bit to lose, have you set it to lose 2lbs a week by any chance? I'm saying that because as you reduce in weight, so will your calorie allowance. You don't want to be eating any less than 1200 overall plus 50% of your exercise cals. How much are you losing per week now?

I am set to lose 1lb per week as a sedentary person (office job sat on my backside 8 hours a day) I rarely eat all my exercise calories maybe 100 of them. I like to have a few in back up for the days I just have to eat chocolate or something. I always eat my 1250 though. I have lost a lb a week every week except one. I have 31lbs to lose to get to where I would like to be. Thanks for the response
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2" and 174 lbs I would love to be 130-120 lbs again. I started to gain weight around age 25 Im 31 now and 186 has been my heaviest. What kind of diet did you go on to lose the weight?

For me it was all about weighing my food out. And I mean everything! I only eat 1200 calories a day, but when I do exercise I eat all of my exercise calories back... and I give myself 1 or 2 days a week to eat what I want within moderation. Make sure you log in all of the sauces, and toppings you put on food too. Every little bit counts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

I am set to lose 1lb per week as a sedentary person (office job sat on my backside 8 hours a day) I rarely eat all my exercise calories maybe 100 of them. I like to have a few in back up for the days I just have to eat chocolate or something. I always eat my 1250 though. I have lost a lb a week every week except one. I have 31lbs to lose to get to where I would like to be. Thanks for the response

You're doing great so keep up the good work :smile: banking some calories for hungry /treat days works really well :smile:
  • LoLoLand13
    LoLoLand13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just found this. So bump bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!