30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Total Carbs 48
    Net 32

I had sauteed up some cabbage with dinner last night, and had a bit of a brain fart with how many carbs are in cabbage and ate a bit extra and the carb number got away from me.

I did weigh in and lost 4lbs this past week... gotta be happy with that
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    palsky wrote: »
    Today I have to pee constantly hope this is a positive sign of locking into Keto. Day 4 I think,

Net carbs 15g battling on. Just realised there is so much u can eat on Keto. So far I've also quit sugar completely this really helps. One day I will drink again.

Whiskey and diet ginger ale helps me get a drink in... lol
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    palsky wrote: »
    @stepyyo how do u make diary public? Also not sure if that tag is going to work.

Hi, just go on settings, sharing and privacy, then diary sharing - and change it to public :)
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    So yesterday wasn't so bad. Trying to figure out why I am not losing at this point beyond the first few days of water weight (day 12 now) and so I avoided sweeteners. Did drink a Hint Kick though for the caffeine, that seemed to help my day a bit!

Total Carbs: 6
    Cals: 878

Feeling lazy and just wanting beef and broccoli today without cooking but who knows what the carbs in that would be from the Chinese take out down the street! Just.... blah. I know we are supposed to get energy from keto at some point but I still feel like I am dealing with Keto Flu, though not near as bad as day 6 was!

The tiredness and laziness might be from eating too little calories, make sure you are adding enough healthy fats like avocado and enough protein and green veggies. The difference it made for me once I added avocado to a meal was great. Also some berries or an orange can help too.

I bought 2 Avocados waiting for them to ripen up an brighten my life. Reset your meal prep so you have tempting favs at the ready. I baked a whole tray of bacon that will get me through any slump.
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    okay I an in. Yesterday I was 73 carbs
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 10
    Net carbs = 53

Taking time to really focus on low carb meals today. Better meal planning really helps. My doc always advised..."log your meals, then eat your meal."
  • leedowhey
    leedowhey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    May 10th - net carbs 6g
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    UNO77 wrote: »
    okay I an in. Yesterday I was 73 carbs
    Fabulous50 wrote: »
    May 10
    Net carbs = 53

Taking time to really focus on low carb meals today. Better meal planning really helps. My doc always advised..."log your meals, then eat your meal."

Welcome guys, try and kept it under 50G TOTAL CARBS. Your net will be lower but the magic number we are looking for in this group is the total.
    Best of luck!

• littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Scale moved this morning! :) 9.5 lbs isn't all water weight for the first 12 days do you think? 7neujeqbush6.png
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So yesterday wasn't so bad. Trying to figure out why I am not losing at this point beyond the first few days of water weight (day 12 now) and so I avoided sweeteners. Did drink a Hint Kick though for the caffeine, that seemed to help my day a bit!

Total Carbs: 6
    Cals: 878

Feeling lazy and just wanting beef and broccoli today without cooking but who knows what the carbs in that would be from the Chinese take out down the street! Just.... blah. I know we are supposed to get energy from keto at some point but I still feel like I am dealing with Keto Flu, though not near as bad as day 6 was!

Maybe you can ask for them to saute your beef and broccoli with no sauce....the sauce is what packs in most of the carbs
  • Elisecarroll79
    Elisecarroll79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I check in on the challenge? How do I record progress? Do I simply write comments here?
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    How do I check in on the challenge? How do I record progress? Do I simply write comments here?
    Yes for example:

Day 1 - total carbs 20g
    Day 2- total carbs 15
    Day 3 -total carbs 35

Just stay under 50g and do your best
  • ericljones
    ericljones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds great lets do it!
  • ssl0905
    Options
    Does anyone know if sugar free jello is OK on low carb? I can't find a clear answer anywhere.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    ssl0905 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if sugar free jello is OK on low carb? I can't find a clear answer anywhere.

Yes sugar free jello is ok... but sugar free pudding made with cream is even better.
  • ssl0905
    Options
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    ssl0905 wrote: »

Yes sugar free jello is ok... but sugar free pudding made with cream is even better.

I've seen recipes for that, I'll have to try it, thanks
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Day 1
    may 10th - 39g
    may 11th -50g net
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ugh... hanging my head in shame. My aunt and uncle took me out to dinner... there were margaritas and fajitas...

I did my best estimation in my diary and I'm quite a bit over :neutral:

Total: 77
    Net: 70

Ugh. My cals weren't too bad, only in the 1500-1600 range, so hopefully my scale doesn't hate me in the morning.

Back on track!

I'm in Texas, btw (but we move around a lot so I'll be on the west coast in a month or two).

Do you think the 70 carbs will knock you out of Ketosis? That is my big fear and why I don't dare cheat, I don't want to deal with the worse of keto flu again, I am almost past it. LOL I hope you recover and have some great days!

I was expecting it to. After dinner, I didn't eat/drink anything else and we finished dinner around 7:30. Today I didn't eat anything until around 9 am. And I've only had, I think 5 g of carbs today so far and it's almost 5 PM here. And I am definitely in Ketosis now (used ketostix etc) so if it knocked me out it wasn't very hard getting back in if that makes sense.

• fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    18 net

Almost 100% of my carbs are veggies. I'm low carb, high fat, moderate protein. I don't restrict veggies, other than high carb starchy stuff. And I'll eat some of that occasionally.