True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    Best of luck @Cerealsensei and remember Muscle weighs more than fat so gym work may not necessarily bring the weight down, the fat will still be melting though.

1 lb of muscle weighs the same as a 1 lb of fat. Fat takes up more volume than muscle.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I confess I wanna workout with @cabronlobos cause he would tell me like it is and push me to my limits. I'd trust him and his knowledge but I doubt I could keep up with him.
    @lstrat115 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I confess I wanna workout with @cabronlobos cause he would tell me like it is and push me to my limits. I'd trust him and his knowledge but I doubt I could keep up with him.

I have the same confession although it isn't really a confession. Working out with people who are honest only helps us excel. I rather have someone tell me the cold hard truth than me waste my time, hurt myself or look foolish. The only difference is that I challenge @cabronlobos to keep up with me!!! :D;)

I confess I adore all 3 of you, so I'd love to sit on the sidelines and just admire your glistening bodies while you workout because all 3 of you would kick my *kitten* in any workout. :D
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    Best of luck @Cerealsensei and remember Muscle weighs more than fat so gym work may not necessarily bring the weight down, the fat will still be melting though.

1 lb of muscle weighs the same as a 1 lb of fat. Fat takes up more volume than muscle.
    Snappy bit removed. :disappointed:

The phrase is generally used by Personal Trainers and Fitness Instructors I have worked alongside if someone is worrying that they have not lost weight. It is entirely intentional from a psychological perspective, you don't want people just concentrating on WEIGHT loss, instead fat loss and muscle gain are the important figures.

This is why we also use body composition scales.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I confess I enjoy learning about other cultures funeral rituals. We have a lady who is going back to Mexico to be buried at the end of the week. The family was telling me about the tradition of staying up all night with the dead and having prayers every hour.
    I am "Native American" Here in Canada we are identified as "First nations" or "Aboriginal" I am comfortable just being called an"Indian"

Anyway We hold wakes for our departed as well...family and friends spend the night with the departed as a way of keeping them company before they are sent on to their final journey. they play cards, reminisce, hold prayers, open the casket a few times... I have been to a few where the casket is left open all night... there's a "smudge" ceremony... then the trip to the bone yard the next day and a feast afterwards.

• LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I confess I enjoy learning about other cultures funeral rituals. We have a lady who is going back to Mexico to be buried at the end of the week. The family was telling me about the tradition of staying up all night with the dead and having prayers every hour.
    I am "Native American" Here in Canada we are identified as "First nations" or "Aboriginal" I am comfortable just being called an"Indian"

Anyway We hold wakes for our departed as well...family and friends spend the night with the departed as a way of keeping them company before they are sent on to their final journey. they play cards, reminisce, hold prayers, open the casket a few times... I have been to a few where the casket is left open all night... there's a "smudge" ceremony... then the trip to the bone yard the next day and a feast afterwards.

That is so fascinating!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I have been to about 2 funerals/year on average since I was 6 years old... some years 4 or more...
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Funerals creep me out
  • Dazzler21
    edited May 2017
    Options
    :lol:
  • Dazzler21
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @LittleHearseDriver Apologies for reacting like a total D.

I admit I shouldn't have bitten at your comment, it was unacceptable as for all I know maybe you do believe that I do not know that two things weighing 1lb each weigh the same. Unlikely but I will allow maybe you did believe it.

One of my confessions is that I'm trying to be a better person each day and by doing so one of the things I promised myself was that I wouldn't overreact to things that may initially irk or irritate me... Today this was a fail.

Apologies to you also @Timshel_ for the same reason.

Now that sir is some back pedalling...

tumblr_mpo16s0Su11rm9sqwo1_400.gif
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    I appreciate your apology. I wish you all the best in accomplishing your goals.
  • Dazzler21
    Options
    And you in yours.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    why this is not the happiest week of my life is beyond me

Is it at least the happimess-iest?
  • Dazzler21
    Options

Hey Happi, what would be the reason it would be the happiest? Then ask yourself what would be the reason it isn't.

Hopefully the positive outweighs the negative! We cant have a sadmess, we need a Happimess!
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    dang! i forgot to add the wink emoticon. Carry on guys

Seems you need a therapist ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Let's talk. Why should it be the happiest week of your life?
    What happened that has got you down, my friend?

it probably involves Chocolate Mini Wheats

they're cornering the market on disappointment
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    @lstrat115 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »

I have the same confession although it isn't really a confession. Working out with people who are honest only helps us excel. I rather have someone tell me the cold hard truth than me waste my time, hurt myself or look foolish. The only difference is that I challenge @cabronlobos to keep up with me!!! :D;)

I confess I adore all 3 of you, so I'd love to sit on the sidelines and just admire your glistening bodies while you workout because all 3 of you would kick my *kitten* in any workout. :D

I confess I have the same confession as @_dixiana_ ... I'll just watch, admire, and hope I get there some day.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess that this F'in bag of chocolate "mini' treat is killing me because I am letting it. I usually make it to around 2p before I grab a couple, but I just downed 4 and it isn't even 9:30a.