30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Replies

• jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    5/12
    Had a meeting out of town so I went over on my goal, but considering I ate while traveling (4 hours driving and 9 hour training presentation) I did very well at 61 total carbs.

My goal is 20-30 grams per day.
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Zuzurillo wrote: »
    AAARRRGGGG! Gained 1 lb again! I have been losing, then gaining, losing then gaining the same 2lbs over and over again for 16 days! Is anyone else experiencing anything like this??? Between here and Reddidt I have gotten confirmations that I am doing everything right but I can't figure out what is going on! I'm BEYOND frustrated!!!

How about having a Carb Up day one day every two weeks or maybe even a week? Meaning you have a cheat day to throw your metabolism up, I saw a video on it, this super keto guy did that while doing a cut!

Also, are you eating at a calorie deficit?

Thanks, I'll look this up - could be worth a try. Yes, definitely eating in a deficit. Even more so as I'm just not hungry very much 16 days into the keto program.
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    ck2d wrote: »
    AAARRRGGGG! Gained 1 lb again! I have been losing, then gaining, losing then gaining the same 2lbs over and over again for 16 days! Is anyone else experiencing anything like this??? Between here and Reddidt I have gotten confirmations that I am doing everything right but I can't figure out what is going on! I'm BEYOND frustrated!!!

Look up "wooshes" - in a nutshell, some people when they start to lose weight, their body doesn't believe it, so instead of emptying fat cells, they fill up with water and wait for whatever is causing the fuel drop to pass. Eventually the body gets a clue and empties out all the water at once and you get a huge drop. I've had that pattern before - maintain for a month and drop 7 or more pounds seemingly out of nowhere. Could be that's what's happening with you too.

That's a good point. I had heard of it and it seems like the most likely explanation but thought it so odd to start out that way. It could be that since I was a dedicated low carber before starting keto that my body isn't interested in doing the "usual" initial weight loss. After this morning I've decided to just stop worrying about it - it's just ruining each day. I've decided to stop weighing myself, obsessing about getting my steps in and searching here & on Reddit for answers. I'll keep doing keto - I feel good and that may be all I get. If weight starts to come off I'll know and I'll just consider it lucky to get that added bonus
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Day 5 - 47 total carbs, 34 net carbs, 12 glasses water and under my calorie goal! I got my Mother's Day dinner tonight - Ribeye and steamed broccoli & cauliflower with butter. So good! I got to celebrate and eat amazingly too! Can't beat that!
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Saturday May 13 Day 5

Total carbs 14g
    Net Carbs 4g
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    10 carbs today Saturday 5/13/17
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    21 carbs total today.
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2017
    Day 5
    Net carbs: 21

Feeling pretty foggy today and have an intense migraine happening right now. Not sure if it's lack of sugar/carbs or cutting the coffee today (probably the combo of both). I'd love hear any natural headache remedies my fellow lo-carbers may have!

Forgot to mention! Finally hit the scale today and lost 5lbs so far :smiley:
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Day 6
    35g net carbs! I'm getting there. 1097 cal, 67g fat, 85g protein. Only 1215 sodium and 13 sugars. Again it's a work in progress.
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Confession time: I messed up today. I hosted a wine and cheese night and of course there was carbs. :(((( I promise to get back on track tomorrow. And I'm gonna try and do less than 40g net carbs the whole week now instead of 50g.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    looweesa wrote: »
    Day 5
    Net carbs: 21

Feeling pretty foggy today and have an intense migraine happening right now. Not sure if it's lack of sugar/carbs or cutting the coffee today (probably the combo of both). I'd love hear any natural headache remedies my fellow lo-carbers may have!

Forgot to mention! Finally hit the scale today and lost 5lbs so far :smiley:
    Peppermint essential oil. Plus u may need potassium magnesium supplements. Ketos leave u low in these minerals.
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    May 13th. total carb: 23
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    May 13
    54 carbs
    10 fiber

I just don't get in enough fiber or protein. Kind of blew it tonight on chips and guacamole!
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    ck2d wrote: »
    Fabulous50 wrote: »
    My struggle has always been eating enough protein -- 120 gr -- and drinking more than 8 glasses of water. That is what I am concentrating on this weekend.

Are you sure about that protein number? True keto is high fat, moderate protein, low carb. My percentage breakdown (everyone's different) is 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carb, so my protein is under 100 grams per day.

I never hit 120gr protein. But I will tweet my numbers again and see how I feel. At one time I had my fat at 50% and saw good results. Thanks for the input!
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    So close aiming for 20g carbs.

Net = 21g pretty friggin close.

Another 10 hr fast between meals. Busted out some pork rinds, felt so wrong but tasted delish
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Saturday, May 13: 12g Total carbs
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2017
    Day 6
    Net carbs: 21g

I'll be honest, I did have a bit of blackberry sorbet today, but stayed right around 20g, so I'm not gonna be too hard on myself.

Also thank you for the headache remedies! I had an electrolyte water and that seemed to help the headache. But I'm back on the coffee for now. Will look into potassium and magnesium supplements soon bc I don't seem to be getting enough from veggies, even with an avocado a day.
  • jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    5/13 only 10 grams of carbs today!!!!
    Happy Mothers Day!
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Confession time: I messed up today. I hosted a wine and cheese night and of course there was carbs. :(((( I promise to get back on track tomorrow. And I'm gonna try and do less than 40g net carbs the whole week now instead of 50g.

I messed up yesterday also, went to the movies and had popcorn. I have to say though, I was very, very nauseated and having some took that away..I know it wasn't a good choice though.
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2017

How about having a Carb Up day one day every two weeks or maybe even a week? Meaning you have a cheat day to throw your metabolism up, I saw a video on it, this super keto guy did that while doing a cut!

Also, are you eating at a calorie deficit?

Thanks, I'll look this up - could be worth a try. Yes, definitely eating in a deficit. Even more so as I'm just not hungry very much 16 days into the keto program.

Last year, I was following a low carb plan put in place by my doctor. He advised to low carb all week and for one day out of the week, for a four hour period, to have any carbs I wanted. This was to spike the insulin and rev up the metabolism. I belive it's called carb loading or carb-cyling. I was also taking CLA supplements, sugar free fiber gummies, and vitamin D.